Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2013 Post Op

I went for a 1 week follow up today and I'm down 17lbs in 8 days! However, I'm still on Clear Liquids for another week before I can progress to full liquids. Any suggestions for Protein, I can't seem to stomach anything! I've tried about 30 different varieties and flavors and I hate them all...I feel like I've cheated by adding unsweetened almond milk to them to try and make em more palatable. I've also tried a smidge of ff cottage cheese. Is this bad? At most I've gotten in 20g of protein with just the shakes in one day :-/

The only protein that I found I can stomach is Premier Protein in chocolate flavor. In the beginning they had to be super cold for me to drink them. I would sit them in the freezer for maybe 30 mins before drinking. They are available at costco and SAMs club. They come pre made in an 18pack. This time of year you can also heat it up in the microwave for a great tasting hot chocolate!

Also I forgot to add the Premier Protein has 30g of Protein in one shake :)

I used to really enjoy chocolate premiere shakes but now that I've been drinking them constantly for 2 wks they taste like mud!:( maybe I will try putting them in the freezer for 30 minutes before drinking! I think the powder Protein Shakes will be more palatable once I can add frozen fruit like banana!

I used to really enjoy chocolate premiere shakes but now that I've been drinking them constantly for 2 wks they taste like mud!:( maybe I will try putting them in the freezer for 30 minutes before drinking! I think the powder Protein Shakes will be more palatable once I can add frozen fruit like banana!

I freeze them until they are slushy. If you still can't add a lot of things you could try flavor extracts or also PB2 the powdered Peanut Butter substitute. Good luck to you :)

I use Unjury unflavored...I quickly became sick of the sweetness of the flavored shakes. I add the unflavored powder to Vitamin Water and freeze till slushy. This gets rid of foaminess. I also add it to crystal light.

I have tried Syntrax unflavored Protein Powder but it made everything so thick! It kind of turned me off..maybe Unjury is better? I haven't tried it in Vitamin Water or crystal light so maybe I will give that the old college try!:)

Has anyone started their Vitamins yet? I've been on B12 and D3, but just had my 4 week follow-up today (36lbs down, yay!), and was told I can now start Multivitamins, Calcium and Iron. What brands do you like? I got some chewy caramel Calcium bites from bariatricadvantage.com, but the smell of them makes me so sick so I refuse to try them.

Hi..i was taking opurity bariatric Vitamins but they made me so nauseous so I just switched to Flinstones complete with Iron and they are going down fine no nausea! :) I also do vitafusion Calcium gummies and there very good I just chew them very well..I'm having poop problems right now..I'm 2 wks out and I've only gone once since I've been home:( calcium and iron are also very constipating! I'm doing prune juice now and hoping for a miracle. .lol:)

Hi..i was taking opurity bariatric Vitamins but they made me so nauseous so I just switched to Flinstones complete with Iron and they are going down fine no nausea! :) I also do vitafusion Calcium gummies and there very good I just chew them very well..I'm having poop problems right now..I'm 2 wks out and I've only gone once since I've been home:( calcium and Iron are also very constipating! I'm doing prune juice now and hoping for a miracle. .lol:)

Thanks! I'm going to look for the Gummy calcium. I have a gummy D3 that I love, so hopefully the calcium will be good too! I had the same BM problems as you for the 1st two weeks but it gets better once you start adding more Protein. My doctor told me to take a dose of milk of magnesia to clear it up but I ended up not needing to.

Hi..i was taking opurity bariatric Vitamins but they made me so nauseous so I just switched to Flinstones complete with Iron and they are going down fine no nausea! :) I also do vitafusion Calcium gummies and there very good I just chew them very well..I'm having poop problems right now..I'm 2 wks out and I've only gone once since I've been home:( calcium and Iron are also very constipating! I'm doing prune juice now and hoping for a miracle. .lol:)

Oh Boo -- I just checked out the Vitafusion and they are calcium carbonate, which bypass patients don't absorb. I need to find a good tasting calcium citrate. Did your surgeon ok the vitafusion kind? Maybe I can run it by mine =/

Thanks so much. I just have to have patience. It will come off in time and I have to remember everybody is different.

Hey everyone! I had RNY last week on 11/26, so I'm 8 days out. Long story short: everything has gone pretty well, no complications, tolerating full liquids with no problem BUT I'm still struggling with amount of liquids. I've never been a big drinker, so I've been borderline dehydrated all week. And to further complicate things, I got sick outta the blue last nite and now I have the whole cough, chills, fever, low blood pressure, and high pulse. Doc says likely viral but I'm starting antibiotics to prevent anything bacterial and I got a shot of steroids in office to help with tightness in my lungs. I had planned to return to work 2wks out but was told today that working in December is outta the question now. D@mn, d@mn, d@mn!! So here I lay on the couch with my blanket, my 2 warm doggies, heating pad, and Water. Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed about all this but I'm trying to look at the bright side and hope that maybe I'll shed a few more pounds this way.

Thanks for letting me vent! Hope everything is all good with u losers! ;)

I had my surgery 11/15/13. I lost 23 pds the first 10 days. I am now on soft foods but I haven't lost anything for almost a week. I started walking yesterday. Is this normal???? Feeling discouraged. I also have PCOS and have had s heavy cycle for 2 weeks. Is this normal ; (

I'm not really losing either but I'm dehydrated and sick with a virus so I'm giving myself a chance to heal. I pray this is just a tiny speed bump. I also have PCOS and still worry SO much about that screwing up my losing. I'm currently on 3rd wk of my cycle and I'm on the blood thinner Lovenox twice a day for clotting disorder. And unfortunately, birth control isn't an option. I'm also praying this stops soon because anemia and dehydration would suck really a lot. Lol.

I'm 2 days post-op. I am SO unbelievably sore. I honestly didn't think I would feel this sore. My stomach I can handle, it's pain in my shoulders that is driving me nuts! I've been told a bunch of times now that it is trapped gas from the surgery and I have to walk around to move it out. I'm taking Dilaudid for pain (which I find has been helping) and hot showers are a blessing. Today was easier than yesterday. I just want to feel a little like myself again!

hi LindsJ83 I had surgery 2days ago I got 2 leave the hospital last bcuz I am doin so well so far believe me walkin does help I was walkin afew hrs after stay away from cold drinks that helps to I wish u luck and hope u start to feel better soon drank everything loop warm it seems to work better for you

I have tried Syntrax unflavored Protein powder but it made everything so thick! It kind of turned me off..maybe Unjury is better? I haven't tried it in Vitamin Water or crystal light so maybe I will give that the old college try!:)

Use plenty if liquid..I use 1 1/2 scoops of powder in 20 oz of liquid and mix well, then freeze. I get my liquids and protein all in one!