Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded in Williamsburg

Lovmy2dogs

Welcome!!!! I live in Chesapeake. We can get together sometime, after this nasty weather blows through. I would be glad to help and assist any way possible. :)

Then we need to plan an area get-together for all of us -- harleynana, denise, and all others who wish to come and have fun!

:grouphug: Good Night! :thumbup:

LuvMy2Dogs,

I live in Gloucester so I don't think you'd want to see my PCP :) He was going to refer me but my insurance doesn't cover the surgery. I am about 280, has asthma and sleep apnea. I've already had foot surgery for something that was probably caused by my weight but they didn't say that at the time.

I just went for my psych evaluation and she told me righ there she was sending an approval. I don't know what the religious questions have to do with it because they didn't even ask me the same type questions as were on the true/false test. I think they were just concerned about if you know what you're getting into and if you have a support system.

My surgery is set for March 13th so I'm excited and scared at the same time. I just spoke with an old friend tonight who works with two girls who just had the lapband done. One has lost 85 lbs. since October. I've told my work I am taking 10 days off so that should give me plenty of time to feel ready to go back to work.

My friend I spoke with tonight said one of the girls that she works with paid $35,000 for the surgery. She said she couldn't afford that. I told her to go thru the tunnel and pay $17K. Does gastric bypass cost more than lapband? Maybe she had bypass or something. $35K sounds like an awful lot.

LM2D, as you've probably read by now, Dr. T is my doctor as well.

Great guy and wonderful doctor :tt2:

My surgery was a little over $17K, but that was 3 years ago.

Love my band, the best thing I ever did for ME!

Carla, you're right, don't think I want to drive to Gloucester for PCP. heeee heee, Harley: I know you feel it's the best thing. You've done amazing. I've been reading your posts. :-) Thanks for responding girls!

Just a quick hello to everyone!!! How is everyone doing? Looking at the last few posts, I can see we have all been busy.

I had a fill in March, now I beleive at about 7.75 in my 10cc band. I had a good restriction before and now it is little tighter, but food goes down if I am real careful. I beleive I am still struggling with the chewing and portions. I put some chicken on my plate with these new baked potatoe fries I found, low fat, and said to myself, " wow, you know you can't eat that much!!" but it did not matter, I had problems with it going down, so I handed the plate to my husband who is always ready to eat my leftovers!!

hope to hear from you all soon. I am so glad it is Friday and the weather will be nice!

Janine! Hey there gal! glad you popped in to say hi! I was reading about you eating the baked potato fries and chicken, and I said to myself "that would never go down MY band!" I seem to have a real problem with chicken, unless it's real juicy dark meat. I don't have the best numbers (weight lost/ time frame), but I do believe that the band stopped my downward spiral.

Had the procedure done 3 days ago and the only pain has been the gas. How do you get it to go away? How long does it last?

Any ideas???

Diane It does not go down!! I wish it would...sometimes I really miss good food, not that I want to eat alot, but just crave some foods that actually aren't bad for you. so, I still am adjusting or trying to accept that, even after 10 months!!! I have been in the 190's for EVER!!! So, I can relate to that. I am hoping with good weather I will feel motivated to get my butt moving. I have been bad going to the gym and not doing anything, which is not good!

GS I would say walking and getting up is the best remedy. Hot tea, and a heating pad. Eventually it will get better.... promise! How are you feeling otherwise? Congratulations on the decision to be banded...

JaJva, I know what you mean about the want something good to eat, I'd love a great, big juicy BLT, with lots of mayo.< /p>

GSmith, walking, walking, walking, really helps with getting rid of the gas, plus it's good for you. When I recently had my TT I think it helped me heal a lot quicker. I didn't have tummy pain, but my left shoulder ached for months. Welcome to Lapband and I wish you luck on your new journey.

Diane, long time no hear from, gonna give ya a call.

Diane, long time no hear from, gonna give ya a call.

Alright!!!!! :biggrin2: I miss ya gal! hope you're havin' a great time!

Hello Gang! It has been a while since I posted and I see the thread is quiet too. I know some of you are regulars on other threads so hope you are doing well.

I am hanging in there. All is going well, vacations are all over for the summer, so time for me to concentrate! I feel lucky that I have maintained my weight and not gained and will get back to basics now. As soon as this miserable weather changes, walks will pick up as well!

I looked back at my last few posts and said I had 7.75cc, well when I went for my annual check, not so! To be honest, I will have to look back at my notes, but I think it was only 5 and I am still at 5-6 cc. I think it is so true that the numbers really don't matter, it is how you feel and how you handle your eating.

Talk to you all soon!!! Stay COOL!

After all the months of fighting, I got my insurance APPROVAL today. HOOORRAAAYYY! I'm so excited. I'm on my way to being a bandster!!

Congrats on your insurance approval! that's fantastic for you. I'm sure its a huge relief.

I think I'll get approval thru my ins but don't think I'll get my nutritionist and psych evals done in time before my insurance runs out at the end of March. We'll see. If I call before my appt with the dr - will they give me the list of referalls to get nutritionist and psych eval done? Just so I can at least set the appointments? My appt with Dr. Fantana is next Friday. I have all my latest mammograms, cardiac stress tests, and I'll bring with me copies of my dr supervised diet. But, I just don't know enough about the process yet to understand if there is even a snowball's chance. :thumbup: