Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hi everyone. I visited Nurse Niki at about 5pm and she was doing great. Said it was a piece of cake. We sat and talked and she was really happy and said her DH was good now that the surgery was over and was bringing their kids for a visit and grandma is coming to help at home. Yea!

Hello everyone!!! Back from sx and doing well! I was very luck with surgery...I never had any gas or incisional pain. Dr Choban said that the sx was picture perfect, and this morning when she came to check on me, she said it looked like I have never had the sx. I told her it was much easier than I has anticipated!

I have heard people say that things are much sweeter after sx, and I have to agree. I had a really hard time eating the Jello. And I was surprised when the broth was extra delicious!

Another note...schedule you post op class now. I called this am and they wanted to put me in an April 2 class. I told her I needed before bc I would be on mushies before that...the did't want to, but she put me in a class next week. FYI--it seems like everyone is out that week of Easter, so my two week f/u is actually in 3 weeks....

Dr choban also said that my first fill wouldn't be til about 7 weeks...agh! I was soooo looking forward to restriction!

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for all the well-wishes and prayers!

You guys are great!

n.

Niki ~

So glad to hear everything's going great! Maybe you'll start a trend for the three of us on the 17th. Yeah, when I called to schedule the class, I wanted the 26th but they said that class was cancelled. And the 19th would only be 2-days post-op, so I had to go with April 2nd (which is Michelle's last day). Like you said, we'll be into pureed food by then and the first class didn't cover that. So I'm going to ask Dr. Choban about it when I see her Friday for my pre-surgery consult. Maybe I'll have my f/u and fill the same weeks as you. Keep on getting better!

~greg

Niki - glad to hear you made it home okay! It was fun sitting and visiting with you. Hope the kids liked their St. Patrick's pencils! Be sure to let Grandma help take care of the kids and you take it easy.

Hi all! Pre-op officially completed! Today was a breeze, as I was the only one in the pre-op session. Way cool, everyone kept joking that I was getting the VIP treatment, since each session was one on one. I was out by noon, which was awesome.

I was told the same thing as you guys, that I will have to take the April 2nd class, which is only three days after surgery. Michelle was kind enough to offer to bring me the handouts while I was in the hospital and go over them with me, since making the class in three days might not work for me. Maybe you guys that will hit mushies before the class might ask her to do the same? She seems pretty flexible with stuff like that.

Man, I wish I was getting banded with you guys next Monday! This is going to be the longest two weeks ever!!!!

Hello all

As I read your letters I know I must have seen you guys at Mt. West I had my banding on 1/7/08 I had a scare on tues. morning on mon. I ate some white rice that got stuck I have never been in so much pain in my life at about 1:30 in the morning the rice would not move it could not come up or go down I started to throw up but only Water came up. I had to call the doctor on call for dr Choban who told me to come in right away because he thougt my band had slipped I was so scare. Thank God it was the rice I had to stay overnite. I saw Dr. Choban weds she let me go home after lunch. So please stay away from RICE. Michelle leaving is a great lost to the program I will miss her. She was great with me before I left the hospital. I hope all is well with the new ones who where banded this week. I wish I could come to the get togather next month than I would know each other when meet.

God Bless All on your road to good health

LadyRoz

Wow Roz, Michelle talked about you today in my pre-op class! Of course, she shared no details, but she had me add rice to my list of foods to avoid post surgery. She said that there was a pretty serious incident involving rice recently, so she said that before she goes, she will be adding it to the hand outs. I am glad to hear that you are okay! I will definitely take that as a lesson, no rice for me!

Hi everyone. I visited Nurse Niki at about 5pm and she was doing great. Said it was a piece of cake. We sat and talked and she was really happy and said her DH was good now that the surgery was over and was bringing their kids for a visit and grandma is coming to help at home. Yea!

Thanks for the update K... I bet she was glad to see you!

Hello everyone!!! Back from sx and doing well! I was very luck with surgery...I never had any gas or incisional pain. Dr Choban said that the sx was picture perfect, and this morning when she came to check on me, she said it looked like I have never had the sx. I told her it was much easier than I has anticipated!

I have heard people say that things are much sweeter after sx, and I have to agree. I had a really hard time eating the Jello. And I was surprised when the broth was extra delicious!

Another note...schedule you post op class now. I called this am and they wanted to put me in an April 2 class. I told her I needed before bc I would be on mushies before that...the did't want to, but she put me in a class next week. FYI--it seems like everyone is out that week of Easter, so my two week f/u is actually in 3 weeks....

Dr choban also said that my first fill wouldn't be til about 7 weeks...agh! I was soooo looking forward to restriction!

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for all the well-wishes and prayers!

You guys are great!

n.

Niki, I'm glad you're doing well! Good luck with your post-op recovery. The seven weeks before your fill will fly by... just make sure to watch your calories and eat as if you have restriction and you will lose long before you get anything added to your band!

Niki Glad to hear every thing went well and your back at home resting!!

I should have warned every one on the rice, I to eat rice and it caused me problems, not nearly as LadyRoz, I think the rice must swell back up or some thing, I was out shopping when I got hungery I went to the chinese place and some fried rice it wasn't like I ate a lot of it before it started to feel stuck but it was painful, and then like a dummy I tried to eat it again same thing happen! So yes people you might want to stay away from rice even if you love it like me. LadyRoz glad to see that you are doing better!!!!!

Angie, How did the Seminar go at Mt. Carmel Wednesday? Maybe things will go alot faster with you getting a surgery date since you have already been approved by your insurance company! Maybe you won't have to do all the clearances' again!! Good Luck!!!

Okay now I have to Vent & Rant :angry_smile: Okay Wednesday evening the neighbor hood children were outside playing when one of them decided to go get their Pitt Bull dog to get the other children because she was not happy about the snow fight they were having, I think some of the kids laughed at her, anywhoo so she lets the pitt bull out of the garage where they keep the dog and never lets him out (just imagine how bad it must smell in there:scared2:) and the dog runs across the street and all of the kids jump on a mini van well all but one made it before the dog attacks him a six year old boy!!!! The dog breaks one of the little boy finger, fractures a bone the same hand, bitting him in the hand the shoulder, and his rear end badly!!! Causing him to have 62 stitches!! Now the Animal Control comes along with the Police, and Medic's. Now the children of the owner of the dogs gets ahold of their mother who is NEVER HOME, AND HER CHILDREN ARE LIKE THE DEVIL because there is no adult supervision and the pretty much torture the other children!!! Any way the Animal Control allows the mother to keep the Pitt Bull because she says she will keep the dog under coritine for 10 days this has outrage our street because there is nothing we can do about it!!!! When I called Animal Control they said that they could not take the dog because the owner refused and said she will keep it confined, this house is not fenced in, and she is never home maybe and comes home maybe around 11:00 P.M on a daily basic. I just don't thing that a person should have the right to say the want to keep a dog once it attacks a person!!

Okay I am done Ranting but if anyone know of any thing I could do please HELP!! Oh this is a Section 8 house. Which in our neighbor hood there is not suppose to be any rental property.

Glad to hear everything went well with your surgery Nikki. I saw Dr. Choban yesterday for my post op visit (even tho it's been 3 wks) she said i could get my first fill on April 1st:thumbup: i am very ready because I'm struggling with the old way of eating. Even tho I eat way less I feel like at this point i can eat everything but bread. I'm telling myself bread won't work anyway. Lost 16lbs since surgery and praying for more and not to dgain before April 1st.

Good Luck to everyone on the 17th seems like Dr. Choban like to do bands in three's maybe for luck!!