Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

KT~ Not trying to say I am a sweetie, but that was probably me walking. I was bored out of my mind on Tuesday waiting to go home, so I did a LOT of walking. Of course, I also did my Jack Nicholson impression (from the movie Something's Gotta Give) walking around with my backside exposed b/c the gown kept coming untied in the back! :thumbup: (Somebody who was waiting up by Michelle's office pointed that out to me one time. Thanks, if that was you.) Anyhoo, I'm going back to work today and will see how it goes. I sit at a desk all day, so it shouldn't be much different than sitting at home. ~Greg

Edited by gregw

Wow Greg - back to work so quick! I'm going to stay home and pamper myself a little, maybe go back on Wednesday. I did sit at my computer for a period of time today and electronically got my taxes input and filed so I at least accomplished something other than napping and watching TV. LOL....

Called awhile ago and got a follow up appointment with Dr. Choban for April 10th at 2:45. They must be catching on to the problem because the person I talked to said the doc doesn't realize how backed up she is but that she would call over and tell them that they had to fit me in. It only took a few seconds to find a spot....which means I better take a book and plan on waiting a while!:wink2:

Other then that....life is good.:wink2:

Okay, Greg you are going to FAST, you need to rest and not over do things!!!! Even though your feeling good you need to let your body heal!!!!

Niki leave them Steri-Strips alone, I too got alot ahead of meself and thought the surgery site was ready and took off my strips too soon and it took the left one a while before it heal correctly, so stop it :embaressed_smile:!!

Well every one I went to my 9:00 appointment since Debbie couldn't and besides my left hip being in pain every thing went well. My appointment was at 9:00a.m I got there at 8:50a.m. and was back in my car by 9:21a.m. Now my next appointment is is May 15 at 10:45a.m so lets see how that goes.

P.S Greg did I read right you were in the hall way giving a peek show to the ladies:lol:?

It is Great to hear all of the March 17 people are doing good, keep us updated!! And once again GREG GET YOUR REST AND STOP OVER DOING THINGS!!!!

Smooches

I can't take it TOO easy. I am a part-time church organist and I had one service tonight, two tomorrow and three on Sunday. My day job is sitting at a desk so it's not much different than sitting at home. Actually, I'm staying home tomorrow morning then going to church at about 11:00. I might go into work for a while in the afternoon. I don't want to waste my vacation days on sitting around the house.

When Charlene gave me my surgery date, my initial reaction was to postpone it due to this being Holy Week and knowing how busy I'd be. But I talked to Dr. C's medical assistant and she thought I'd be up for it. Plus, between the doc's schedule and mine, I would have had to wait until May for surgery. And you know how hyper-anxious all of us bandsters are to get it done. Once the insurance approved me, I was ready to go!

Yup, I was showing everyone some buttcrack during my walks. All those cute little PCA's and student nurses on that floor ... one of them offered me a second gown to cover my back. I guess they didn't like my show! :embaressed_smile:

wow, That was me Greg. I really enjoyed your peep show!! I was going to ask if you needed any help tying it but you turned a little red before I could.:shades_smile: I didn't want to embarrass you. but, you have a very nice backside. lol.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to have sx! lol. Hey, I was wondering if any of you guy are feeling like you are always doing an ab workout. I keep catching myself flexing my abs, like in a tense way, and I have to make a effort to relax my abs. It doesn't hurt, but I am wondering if it is just part of the healing process...heck, I guess maybe I am going to have killer abs after all is said and done!

I'm now even more sad I couldn't be in the 3/17 group!! Free peep shows!!! Darn I miss all the fun!! LOL!

Greg~don't feel bad about showin' the world what the good Lord gave ya. As a nurse and former PCT, I have seen so many bottoms that it would take something way out of the ordinary for me to be fazed.... I'm sure they were just concerned your back side would get cold :}

Well, you guys were right ... I was pushing it a little bit too much. Work wasn't too bad on Thursday, and Friday morning I stayed home, but I had to go to church and get things set-up for the noon service. By the time I got done with that (as well as playing for the service), I was whipped. I had planned on going to work in the afternoon but decided just to go home and chill for a while (until the evening service). Now I can rest up on Saturday for the three services on Sunday morning - then go home and crash in the afternoon. I guess I don't need to worry about eating a big Easter dinner! :cheers2:

Greg - I guess Easter would be one of those big "work days" for an organist! Enjoy the celebration of our Lord and then take care of yourself too.

All - I got out of the house yesterday and walked around a Tuesday Morning store just browsing and then picked up some groceries and back home and I was a little tired. I am amazed that my weight is finally going down and not in 1/2 lb increments like I was experiencing on WW and efforts on my own. Down -4 lbs this a.m. from the weight I weighed in at the hospital on Monday. Woo Hoo!!!!!

Happy Easter everyone! :frown:

How are the other two amigos doing on day 6? I'm feeling good...going Krogering after while.

Still not up to going back to work...tummy to sore for that.

I do direct care with adults with MRDD and am regularly thumped and/or bumped in the stomach, plus a lot of lifting and tugging involved. I plan to be off another week.

The other day I wrote about how nice it was to have SpecialK and Greg there going through this surgery with me...how nice to be able to visit with them the next day and share the experience. When I tried to post it, the site was having problems and wouldn't let me post, so I'm trying again. I'm so glad I met them here first, so I kind of felt like we were old friends when we met at the Hospital.:wub:

Happy Easter to all! Glad to hear the three amigos are all doing well. I am a little sad I don't have a scale to see what I have lost, espically since Kathy is kicking butt with her weight loss!!! You go girl! Although, I was able to buy a size 20/22 shirt for Easter...I was in a 24/26...soooo I am excited!

Way to go Niki.:crying: Guess you don't need a scale when you're dropping sizes!

Krogering wore me out..now I need a nap.:thumbup:

Niki, You may be better off without a scale. I know they say you should only get weighed once a week, but I'm on mine every day. It was weird ... I was up 6 pounds from Monday to Tuesday (the day after surgery) - then I lost that and another 7 since then. But it's getting really tough staying on the "full liquids". I cheated a little and had some mashed potatoes & gravy today. It was nice to have normal food - almost like a meal!

Edited by gregw