Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

I think she's referring to me posting the Queen song..We Are The Champions as our theme song. LOL

P.S. Still no letter in Monday's mail and I called and left a message at the doctor's office and didn't get a call back. Maybe today.

I successfully made it through yesterday with just about 1000 total calories. Wow

Here's a funny one for y'all. I went to last night's Mt. Carmel Bariatric Support Group meeting and didn't realize the topic when I got there -- it featured a Sex Therapist taking questions from the attendees for the whole hour and a half. It started off pretty slow but then people got braver and braver submitting questions for her to answer. Not at all what I thought I was getting when I went last night. LOL

At the very end, one lady asked who in the audience had Lapband surgery and how were they doing. Only 2 people out of maybe 40+ in the room raised their hands and they shared their experiences so I guess that means the vast majority of who else was in the room are RNY or still waiting for insurance approval for surgery. Several brought their spouse with them which was nice to see. One lady sitting in front of me had my surgeon Dr. Price and lapband in December and she said she's doing great. She didn't raise her hand though when they asked for how many had lapband in the group so maybe there are more lapbanders out there that didn't want to speak up. I personally think it would be good if we did speak up and share our experience in case there are still people considering LB vs. RNY that they can have what information they need. I told the lady in front of me about the lapbandtalk web site and she hadn't heard of it before.

Off to work so I can pay all those deductibles and things....

Okay, gotcha on the theme song. I saw it when you posted it, but didn't know that was now the "official" theme song. :biggrin2: Yeah, I did about 1000 calories yesterday, too. It wasn't too bad. And I called and left messages for Charlene on Friday and Monday with no response. I know she's very busy and I try to give her the benefit of the doubt and not bug her much, but it does get frustrating sometimes. See you Thursday, I think!

I'm scheduled for Pre-Admission Testing March 11th -- not this week with the other 2 of you guys. Surgeon appt on March 14th and surgery time is 1:00pm March 17th. Feels better knowing what time I need to block off work for the other 2 pre-surgery things.

Hello Special K ...

I had the surgery on a Wed - back to work on a Monday. If you have a desk job or another job that is not physically demanding ... chances are you will be just fine. If you have a job that requires lots of lifting .. I would give yourself a longer lead time. Your Dr. will help you decide what's right for you.

Hi all! Finally got my surgery date yesterday afternoon, March 31st. I am really excited, but a little disappointed actually. I have had a hard time touching base with Charlene. Of course I know what kind of job she has. According to the dietician, she said that when Charlene first started, they were doing only 3-5 surgeries a month. The program has exploded, but yet it is still just Charlene. I have tons of empathy for that, but my file was complete and according to her being submitted, but according to insurance wasn't submitted until a week after that. I tried to keep in touch with her regarding a surgery date, but got no response. When UHC said that my procedure was submitted for March 10th, I stupidly assumed that was going to be my date. I prepared, scheduled my time off at work, and was mentally ready to go! Fast forward to her informing me that my date was 3/31. Oh well, it is what it is right? I am scheduled for pre-op on 3/13, is anyone else?

Glad I found you guys! Extra props to SpecialK for leading me here!!!:shades_smile:

Wow...this little group is growing! SpecialK it looks like I will be an hour ahead of you for surgery. Greg what time are you scheduled for?

My surgery is scheduled for 1:30. Sounds like there will be a mid-day rush in the bariatric wing. They better wax the floors since we'll be wearing a path in them Monday evening walking the halls!

Got my letter in the mail and I'm all set with what I need for pre-op testing. Made it through Day 2 pre-op diet but it was getting harder....

I am what you would consider the freshman on the board. I am just starting the process of getting my clearance for the surgery. I went to the Pulmonologist yesterday and he cleared my on my asthma, but thinks that I may have sleep apnea. So, I have decided to take the sleep study to rule out sleep apnea (cross your fingers that I don't have to take a machine home). My mom told me to look at the bright side that it is another co-morbidity.

It is bad enough that I have all these other medical problems, I am just not ready for another one. I am ready to get health and get this weight off.

Hi nd,

The bariatric team didn't require that I do a sleep study, but my cardiologist did. So now I have a CPAP machine and an oxygen machine. I think the whole thing is a big racket. Everybody I know that has ever had a sleep study ended up with a CPAP. I think it's a fairly new medical anomaly and the doctors are just milking the insurance companies. Oh well, I'll get off my soapbox. Good luck in your journey. I'm one of the Shrinking Shamrocks getting banded on Mar. 17th. Hope you get your approval soon!

Sounds like you are all about ready for the big day. I had my post-op nutrtion class today. pureed for 2 weeks we'll see how that goes. I had already started scrambling an egg and smashing it with a fork. 2 weeks post op and I feel like I could eat more than I am. Not that I'm hungry just have to watch out for that "psychological" hunger. It's gonna be tought til I get that first fill in about 4 weeks. Good Luck Everyone!!!:thumbdown:

Question for those who have been through or going through the pre-op liquid diet -- did you notice being cold - hands cold or just couldnt seem to feel warm like you normally were? that is if you were not someone who noticed the cold alot before? I'm sipping some hot chicken broth tonight to warm me up.

ndwife~ I have a CPAP and I thank God for it. When I wake up I feel like I have finally gotten some sleep & I don't feel tired during the day anymore......thats a huge plus. I pray you DONT have sleep apnea, but if you do, the CPAP will make you feel so much better.