Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have my band since may 2012. I have lost about 70 pounds. I feel like I can never have a vegetable, a salad, fruits, healthy food. I have many days where I can't eat a meal at all and I am drinking coffees , having chocolate or something not good for me.

Even if I take the smallest bite I cannot eat the above food mentioned. I got the band to make healthier choices. I am stuck now and not losing. Basically staying the same I want to make healthier choices ! Help

Maybe your band is not properly adjusted for your needs? Why not pop in to your surgeon's practice, have a good long chat with your doc or PA or whomever, get an adjustment up or down or what have you and see if that helps. A properly adjusted band shouldn't be preventing you from eating a nice variety of good, healthy foods. So, maybe you just need to give your little silicone friend a little love. :)

It sounds like your band is too tight. Contrary to what a lot believe, tighter isn't better when it comes to the band. In fact, when you're not able to eat healthy foods and have to resort to sliders, you often end up gaining weight. Plus a band too tight puts you at a big risk for a slip or erosion.

Give your doctor a call, make an appointment, and discuss this with him. Let him help you decide if you're too tight.

What do you mean when you say you "Feel" like you can never have any of those foods again??? And no longer eat healthy foods....

There are certain foods I no longer eat, it is not because I "Feel" like I can't, it is because they do not work with the band very easily....like walking through a mine field....

But I don't ind, because when I look at that list as a whole, 90% of the foods there are NOT HEALTHY choices....no nutritional value....

I am being forced, which has now become a new habit, to explore and start to eat new food choices and ideas, I have not eaten this healthy my whole life....my friends think I have become some kind of nut by choice...they don't know I was banded and had to learn to eat better....

I have lost all my excess weight and body fat, eat the best healthy food choices one can expect, (and learning new things everyday) get plenty of exercise as if I was 25 years younger....all because of this WLS...

It sounds like your band is too tight. Contrary to what a lot believe, tighter isn't better when it comes to the band. In fact, when you're not able to eat healthy foods and have to resort to sliders, you often end up gaining weight. Plus a band too tight puts you at a big risk for a slip or erosion.

Give your doctor a call, make an appointment, and discuss this with him. Let him help you decide if you're too tight.

i agree with missy here..

having a lap band (in my opinion) is not for anyone to not be able to eat...

how horrible of a life is that (to only drink or slurp ice cream??....

please call your doctor and let them know what you just wrote..

Guest imperfect1974

I had my surgery in March 2012 and have lost almost 150 pounds......................I have not had bread or pizza since my surg date and dont miss it at all..................you have to make healthy choices and find the foods that sit well on your tummy..................I drink a lot of Protein shakes..................yogart..................pudding..................soft foods that have Protein and Vitamins. Have you tried these????

I am ok with yogurt and pudding most of the time. But some days I cannot even drink the Protein shake. I am totally fine omitting bread and pizza and Pasta. But I want to have a salad or vegetables and for the most part can never have them

What happens when you try to have a salad or vegetables? Are you getting stuck on them?

Before my surgery I was unable to eat these things due to IBS and crones. Since I have had the band placed and plication surgery I have been in heaven able to eat salads and vegies without the horrible intestinal pain I used to have. Digestion has been so much better, being a bit slower through the band and better absorbed.

I am at 6cc in a 10cc band and not quite at the "green" yet but maybe .5 away.

get an unfill...Its one thing if you occasionally have issues but if you cant eat these things on a daily basis then you need to do somethingabout it. I personally would rather practice a little more self control, count my calories, and exercise and have more freedom with how much and what I can eat then be to tight to eat anything. Just my two cents. I probably could use a fill honestly but I am doing ok. I am down 85 lbs in seven months.

Hi! I'm really frustrated in getting the lapband. I had my consultation on May 3oth,2013 with the surgeon. I've been going to the nutritionist all this time since my insurance requires for six months observation. I had all the paper work sent in to the doctors office. two days later I called the office and was transferred to the voice mail and then emailed but to my surprise no answer. I'ts been six months and nothing is underway. I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem, or had this for as long as I am?