Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready For Success No Turning Back!

u won't need them... been 3 mts and down 40+ lbs. all my clothes are falling off!!!

Thank you I'm so encouraged by all the success I see others having with the sleeve I know it will be hard work but I'm so ready to be on the losers side!!

Guest Sleeved&NotLovinIt

Just 7 days out from being Sleeved so I can still wear my clothes...but have already started boxing up my 2X summer clothes in preparation of a skinny me. Mine will go to SISTER SLEEVERS in the Kansas City area. I will hopefully meet some SS's at the next Support Group meeting and get something set up so we can get the "from CLOSET to CLOSET" program started.

I don't know if guys are into trading clothing but it could work for them as well. My friends & I traded clothes in school but I somehow don't see men wanting to do this. I think they are too macho or something. Nevertheless, I will suggest it and they can set up their own or not...

shelly

major closet cleaning today

good for you

sounds like you are prepping, excited for surgery next month :)

i know you will lose the weight and keep it off.............

but being rid of those "big" clothes is extra incentive

in other words you can't go back to your old ways, having your old big clothes right there if you gain weight

unless you want to spend lots of money buying "new" :wacko: big clothes

buying new smaller clothes............thats a different matter ;)

good luck next month :)

speedy recovery :)

kathy

Hey I find some more December 17-ners! Yay. Me too :) Counting down the days... starting the LRD this weekend - what about you guys?

I don't have a pre-op diet just was told by the nutritionist to cut dwn 20% two wks prior to surgery. I'm just mentally preparing myself for surgery on the 17th. I am SuPer ExCited about this New Journey in my life!!!

Hello everyone..for the Dec 17th sleevers, how long did it take for you to get approved?

I'll be three weeks out tomorrow (OMG - I can't believe that!!!).

Closet cleaning is good for your soul! About a month before surgery I went thru and ditched all my ugly things - the tops that don't quite fit right or are just plain ugly, but you bought them for a specific event or function; the fat pants with elastic - yeah, those are gone, too.

I'm not replacing things right away - I'm lucky, I telecommute, so I don't need a lot of work clothes right now. I'm holding off on buying new pants for a while - my pre-op jeans are lose, but they fit (man, I was really packing them in more than I realized). I'm going shopping after the holidays, though. Mama needs a new pair of jeans!

December 17 will be here in no time. 2014 will be a great year for you!

Divadee35

I went to the seminar back in August and met with my surgeon for consult around the second week of September. I didn't need to do any supervised diet for my insurance nor did I have to get approval prior to surgery. I initially was going to get the band and was scheduled for Oct. 30 but my PCP wanted me to stay overnight bc I have a mild hear murmur & high blood pressure so it was pushed to Jan. 3rd. So, I completed my psychological eval, nutritional eval, pre-op seminar all in September. So, I guess u can say things have been pretty easy going for me... Looking back, I glad my PCP wanted me on an inpatient basis bc I've decided to get sleeved in the process & my date moved from Jan. 3rd to Dec. 17th so this is a wonderful Christmas present to ME!!! Can't wait, another week to go...

I'm also scheduled for December 17th! I am so ready! I plan on going through my clothes this weekend. I have several sizes from 8's to 18's. Yikes! I will be so glad to get into my smaller clothes! Good luck to you all!

Cleaning out is so exciting. I haven't gotten rid of too much though because my pinterest obsession has led me to a bunch of posts on how to revamp or reshape my old clothes, but I am looking forward to looking at bathing suits for the first time in years. Hopefully I'll leave the dressing room happy instead of miserable.

@journey2bthin, thanks for the feedback! I started and stopped the process... I got nervous, plus I was going to do the lap band.. But I have really took the time and researched the sleeve and it seems so much better! I go to my seminar Dec 12, and hopefully from there it will sail by! I'll keep ya posted!