Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To Eat...

I'm not the least bit hungry, quite the opposite. I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of having anything to eat... but, damn, I just really want to eat. So, what the hell do I do with that? It's driving me nuts for the last 3 days..

I will be on post op liquid diet until Thanksgiving. I am dying to eat!! But cant. I feel like my teeth have receded into my gums from lack of use.

Practice not eating. I know it sounds silly, but there will be hungry times where you don't eat...

Sounds like you need to channel that energy into something else.... Something that occupies and engages you. For me it was always exercise but for you it could be anything. What are some things you like/want/need to do? Go do them. This is the part where you begin living a life not centered around food. It's a weird transition but one you will be grateful for soon.

I understand! I'm going on a week on my 2 week pre-op. My incentive to stick with it are that I feel so much better than I did before...eating junk food! I also keep telling myself nothing taste as good as feeling skinny. The numbers going down on the scale are a bonus! This is not forever, we can eat again, just with good choices and eating a lot less. Don't get me wrong, I do get hungry. I do something till it passes. The other night I was very hungry and went to bed early. We can do this! Good luck to you!

Sounds like you need to channel that energy into something else.... Something that occupies and engages you. For me it was always exercise but for you it could be anything. What are some things you like/want/need to do? Go do them. This is the part where you begin living a life not centered around food. It's a weird transition but one you will be grateful for soon.

I know your right... I'm in this really weird place right now. I can't really explain it. It's like depression (which I know well) but I'm not depressed? ?? I usually get really busy this time if year crafting but every time I get started on something I just don't want to do it. I'm sure this will pass soon... part of the healing process I guess... i'll get there

I have not been sleeved yet, who knows I may get the same way. I have depression and am on meds. As you probably know, the worst thing you can do is nothing although it's hard two when you are depressed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm sure you know with depression it's hard to get motivated or staying focused. Sometime you just have to get going. I know it's hard and I'm not always able to do it. My husband usually recognizes when I'm there and he will insist we do something to try to get out and do something. Good luck.....

I have not been sleeved yet, who knows I may get the same way. I have depression and am on meds. As you probably know, the worst thing you can do is nothing although it's hard two when you are depressed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm sure you know with depression it's hard to get motivated or staying focused. Sometime you just have to get going. I know it's hard and I'm not always able to do it. My husband usually recognizes when I'm there and he will insist we do something to try to get out and do something. Good luck.....

You hit the nail right on the head girl!! It's a strange and mean disorder isn't it? I think maybe I'm just not recognizing it because I'm so happy at the same time. Weird right! OK.. I VOW TO DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE AFTER WORK TONIGHT! I will check back in and let you know how it goes.

Seela, Good for you! I wish I always practiced what I preach! I'm sure there will be a time I'm asking for help....

You hit the nail right on the head girl!! It's a strange and mean disorder isn't it? I think maybe I'm just not recognizing it because I'm so happy at the same time. Weird right! OK.. I VOW TO DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE AFTER WORK TONIGHT! I will check back in and let you know how it goes.

I attended cognitive behavior therapy a few years ago, and one lesson I still use is "fake it till you make it". So take a shower, put on that makeup and get out there! Over the two years post op, I've cone up with a lot of strategies for when I want to eat and I'm not hungry. Not that they always work, but if you want to fix something, it helps to have a toolkit.

I apply lotion, lipgloss and perfume. The scent and feel are satisfying.

I play computer games so my hands and mind are busy.

I drink a cup of tea or Decaf coffee.

I call a friend.

I take a walk outside.

Lynda

Ok so... after being on my feet alllll day I still don't have the energy to work out after work... wish I did, but I did do something today that I've been putting off because its time consuming. ..I had my hair done (in my own salon) but I feel so much better to just be able to cross that off my list! Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone, you have no idea how much I appreciate it! !!

Good for you. I always feel better after a haircut. Pedicure and manicure too!