Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Talk Fashion

I want a pair of killer jeans. You know suitable for dates or going.dancing. I wear a size 8 but have short legs. Any advice on brands or trends? My favorite jeans are a pair of Ann Klien very skinny jeans that fit like a glove but they are that summer pant length and are plain. Thinking of something a little embellished. IDEAS?

Any others interested in discussing fashion, hair, makeup, trends??

Gloria Vanderbilt and Calvin Klein usually do the trick for jeans. Wear them with heels, that will help with shorter legs. Do you have a hairstyle that takes off 20 lbs.? :P

I like "Miss Me" jeans with all that embellishment on the back pockets. They ride low and would look great with your new tummy.

I like "Miss Me" jeans with all that embellishment on the back pockets. They ride low and would look great with your new tummy.

I can't wait to have a pair of Miss Me jeans!!!!! That is one of my goals!!! Lol

I don't like how Vanderbilt jeans fit, but since I like CK brand for dresses will definitely try the jeans.

The miss me jeans look interesting but I wonder about about the acid wash. Is that really in style again?

Definitely heels. I have strappy heels, I have booties, I have wedges, I have them all. :) Now I easily wear a size 8 (loose waist now) and flat tummy since plastics. No saddlebags on thighs and I have skinny calves (13.5"). Am I dumb to go skinny jeans for date night jeans or better to go bootcut or straight leg? I wear leggings and tights and skinny jeans for horse riding but want a cool sexy casual look for these "d ate night" jeans without tryingto look silly. I am 49 and like to dress stylishly but well you know...

I don't know if you have a Buckle in your area, but that is supposed to be THE place for hard to fit jeans.

I don't like how Vanderbilt jeans fit, but since I like CK brand for dresses will definitely try the jeans. The miss me jeans look interesting but I wonder about about the acid wash. Is that really in style again? Definitely heels. I have strappy heels, I have booties, I have wedges, I have them all. :) Now I easily wear a size 8 (loose waist now) and flat tummy since plastics. No saddlebags on thighs and I have skinny calves (13.5"). Am I dumb to go skinny jeans for date night jeans or better to go bootcut or straight leg? I wear leggings and tights and skinny jeans for horse riding but want a cool sexy casual look for these "d ate night" jeans without tryingto look silly. I am 49 and like to dress stylishly but well you know...

Silly! Hell no! I wear skinny jeans, they are stylish and versatile. I'm liking the vigoss jeans (Nordstrom) right now. Also go into Nordstrom's rack if you have one around. Great deals on jeans there. My last pair was only 30 dollars!!

And yep I'm old wearing juniors jeans :P

http://m.nordstrom.com/Product/Details/3545917?categoryid=null

I wear skinny jeans too. I just mean looking for something hip for date nights. I like dresses but Seattle is a casual place. Hot jeans or leggings are often more appropriate.

Nordstrom rack is great idea. Wish I had a fashion conscious friend to help me pick some date outfits!

I think that if you are going for a hip look that says "not trying too hard", that straight or boot cut (whichever you like best on you) is by far the way to go.

Just my opinion, but I think the skinny jeans call too much attention or something. If you are talking about dates anyway.

I haven't bought cool jeans in a while, but I have a pair of Joe's Jeans (bought at Nordstrom's) that are very cute/flattering and ridiculously comfortable. Also I used to love AG jeans. Both brands have some stretch to them.

ETA: I also think that boot cut calls attention to a great azz, which is certainly appropriate for a date!! Ahem. ;)

Skinny jeans with a great pair of boots with heels. All eyes will turn and say, Wow!!

Nordstrom rack is great idea. Wish I had a fashion conscious friend to help me pick some date outfits!

Butterthebean, when he did his first shopping after the TT texted me pics as he tried on

(Not that I'm fashionable :P)

You can text someone pics (here or a trusted friend)

I don't like how Vanderbilt jeans fit, but since I like CK brand for dresses will definitely try the jeans. The miss me jeans look interesting but I wonder about about the acid wash. Is that really in style again? Definitely heels. I have strappy heels, I have booties, I have wedges, I have them all. :) Now I easily wear a size 8 (loose waist now) and flat tummy since plastics. No saddlebags on thighs and I have skinny calves (13.5"). Am I dumb to go skinny jeans for date night jeans or better to go bootcut or straight leg? I wear leggings and tights and skinny jeans for horse riding but want a cool sexy casual look for these "d ate night" jeans without tryingto look silly. I am 49 and like to dress stylishly but well you know...

I have a couple pairs of Miss Me Jeans. None of them are acid wash, so I am not sure about that being in style. I love their skinny jeans with high heel boots! So cute!

I have never head of the Buckle.

I just googled Miss Me jeans and their website is almost all acid wash is why I asked. What big retailer sells these?

I found the most perfect boot soft leather, cute, well made, comfy, but it was at a consignment shop and a size too big...arrgghh. Of course I searched online for that same boot and no luck yet. Still keeping my eyes out for a new tall boot with a heel. I have ankle boots with chunky heels. I have somewhat thinner calves so many of the boots I have tried on have too much width.

That's what I'm getting!