Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Talk Fashion

Northern, Los Gatos to be exact. :) And trouble? Lol, that's an understatement :D

that's right up north. I could only imagine what sorts of shenanigans we'd get into lol

I'm only 5'5"…but the lowest I remember getting into is a 10. Like, 25 years ago.

I am really interested to see what happens with me. Our stats are similar, I wore an 18 prior to surgery. But it sounds like I have a LOT of weight to get through between sizes.

I am 5'6 and started at 230 lbs so I was in 18-20. I'm wearing a 14 now and I'm down to 186 lbs, if that helps you any.

I don't like how Vanderbilt jeans fit, but since I like CK brand for dresses will definitely try the jeans.

The miss me jeans look interesting but I wonder about about the acid wash. Is that really in style again?

Definitely heels. I have strappy heels, I have booties, I have wedges, I have them all. :) Now I easily wear a size 8 (loose waist now) and flat tummy since plastics. No saddlebags on thighs and I have skinny calves (13.5"). Am I dumb to go skinny jeans for date night jeans or better to go bootcut or straight leg? I wear leggings and tights and skinny jeans for horse riding but want a cool sexy casual look for these "d ate night" jeans without tryingto look silly. I am 49 and like to dress stylishly but well you know...

Oh those are NOT acid wash jeans ...like from the 80's.

THESE:

post-108773-0-38900500-1384962583_thumb.jpg

Are NOT the same as THESE:

post-108773-0-25189600-1384962594_thumb.jpg

And if you have a Gordman's around, they sell a LOT of the sparkly butt jeans...cheaper than Miss Me. Trying to think of some of the brands, Angels...there are more and I just can't name them off the top of my head.

Anyway, always go with a bit of a darker wash (thank you What Not--to--Wear...Stacey and Clinton) lighter washes tend to make you look larger than you are.

And if you don't spend a lot on your jeans, it's fun to have different types for different things. I have a few with sparkles on the back pocket, something I NEVER would have done pre-sleeve. :)

I'm following this discussion closely because I too will need help down the road. The last time I was thinner, I used to wear Apple Bottom jeans for two reasons. One, the fabric is thick and has stretch and holding power so it "drapes" well and the dark wash looks fairly dressy. Two, they fit curvy women really well. My waist is typically at least 10 inches smaller than my hips and regular jeans bag at the waist (which means I have to wear camisoles tucked into my panties so that I don't look like a plumber when I bend over) or are too baggy in the legs if they fit my waist.

They are quite "blingy" on the back pockets but boy they used to fit well. I haven't heard much about them lately though so need new ideas for down the road.

So glad you started this thread CWJ!

I always buy dark jeans ala what not to wear. They always put women in Bootcut or straight jeans never in skinny. I just think that skinny jeans are more up to date looking. I am not petite but I fit a 8 easily am flat tummy now so I think it is a good way to go.

As soon as I am freed from my compression garment I will get some Date night outfits and ask for feedback.

I wore some faux leather trimmed treggings from H&m with a beautiful blue tunic and my friends really liked that look.

My teenager loves miss me jeans and a cheaper knock off is La Idol. She also likes diesel and some from rue 21. They seem to fit good on the booty. She says if I get into her size (8) I still can't wear her jeans! She doesn't want me to be "that mom"! What in the heck does that mean? Lol

Getting into my daughter's jeans…what an awesome problem to have. Not likely though. She inherited her dad's long, skinny legs. I have the Irish fireplug legs.

I did purchase and try on two pairs of 14s in the last two weeks. I can zip them! Probably some people would even wear them like that, but I just can't do it yet. I think I'm about to crack Onederland here, and I need to be patient and try them again after I do that.

Even so, they are transition jeans. I think I spent $35-40 on both together, in styles similar to what I'm wearing now. I really don't like bling on the butt, so I will watch this thread avidly to see who comes up with fancy jeans that don't have that. If such a thing exists.

After that? I know it will be at least another 30 pounds before I go down another size. Sigh.

Getting into my daughter's jeans…what an awesome problem to have. Not likely though. She inherited her dad's long, skinny legs. I have the Irish fireplug legs. I did purchase and try on two pairs of 14s in the last two weeks. I can zip them! Probably some people would even wear them like that, but I just can't do it yet. I think I'm about to crack Onederland here, and I need to be patient and try them again after I do that. Even so, they are transition jeans. I think I spent $35-40 on both together, in styles similar to what I'm wearing now. I really don't like bling on the butt, so I will watch this thread avidly to see who comes up with fancy jeans that don't have that. If such a thing exists. After that? I know it will be at least another 30 pounds before I go down another size. Sigh.

Fluff you might be surprised. I can almost zip up my 13 year old SON'S jeans and I am not designed like a boy :) Comgrats on the almost 14!

Fluff I have short legs as well and my go to store for jeans was always The Buckle when I wasn't constantly yo yoing. Now I hit thrift stores and buy transition clothes and am pretty happy with my finds. My comfy clothes as this point are still yoga pants though. My belly button incision just doesn't want to heal and they're extremely comfy on. Though i won't wear them in public. I'm can't wait to be in 14's ! That's awesome! I'm 7 lbs away from onderland but don't see 14's in my future until I'm down to 190 because of my build.

LOL. Believe me. 190 is probably what I should wait for too, and my past swings tell me I will be wearing these through the low 170s! I might go for the sausage look out of excitement though.

Lol oh no don't be that girl! You've waited this long what's another few weeks right? I'm determined that I'm actually going to keep working on my appearance as I go through this too. For so long I've just thrown on whatever I could get over my butt and didn't show my jelly rolls that I don't even remember the last time I actually enjoyed clothes. So I usually walked around with my hair up in a high bun, minimum makeup if any and dark, frumpy clothes. Blah! I'm ready to start living again! Isn't that why we are all here? That's part of the reason I always am inspired after looking through the before/after pics! It's like you can see the thrill and life change from most of their dark clothes and unhappiness unfold in just a matter of months! Why did I wait so long to do this?

Fluff you might be surprised. I can almost zip up my 13 year old SON'S jeans and I am not designed like a boy :) Comgrats on the almost 14!

I'm afraid to ask how you know this, GG.... :)

Hahah! It's actually comical. We are both changing sizes so fast my husband and I don't know whose clothes are whose anymore. Older son and I share an inseam. Younger son and I share a waist size. Husband and older son share a waist size. So offen we look at laundry and go, whose is this? One pair of jeans, we had NO idea. So I tried them on. Fit on waist, too short. Obviously it was my younger son's :)

Laundry at my house is fraught with mystery haha!

Hahah! It's actually comical. We are both changing sizes so fast my husband and I don't know whose clothes are whose anymore. Older son and I share an inseam. Younger son and I share a waist size. Husband and older son share a waist size. So offen we look at laundry and go, whose is this? One pair of jeans, we had NO idea. So I tried them on. Fit on waist, too short. Obviously it was my younger son's :)

Laundry at my house is fraught with mystery haha!

OMG that is so funny! We have the same problem with my almost 13yo DD, hubby is constantly confusing our stuff. I'm 5'6" and she is 5'4" and even though I've got a good solid 65lbs on her, she is wearing a M and I'm wearing a L. But that sometimes just doesn't help. We have nearly identical exercise pants and we are constantly searching through each others "things" to see if something was mixed up.

Reading this makes me realize how cheap I am. I have only bought 1 pair of jeans so far -at old navy for about $25. They are a size 10 and they look absolutely tiny to me. I am still amazed every time I am able to pull them up and they fit. I started at size 20 9 months ago. I am a real shorty only 5'2" so my cheap self has me looking for jeans that come in petite or ankle length so I don't have to pay to hem them.

I like boot cut because the slight flair at the bottom makes my thighs look positive thin. To me the skinny jeans do just the opposite. My hips and but look so big in proportion to the skinny ankle.