Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it me or does everything seem to bother you , or tick you off !! The closer I get to this pre-op diet and surgery it takes nothing to get me going. I'm stressed out with my personal life trying to keep this whole thing under raps and everything else with school and family ... STRESSED !

I'm on the pre-op diet and I will definitely admit to being a little testy! Normally I have a lot of patience with my six year old son, but for the past few days it doesn't take much to get me mad! Poor kid, lol.

You're definitely not the only one!! Hope it gets better for both of us real soon!

I was only crabby on day 3 and 4, but then things smoothed out.

I have had ups and down - sometimes I am very patient and not reactive at all. Others, OMG, I go off at the smallest thing.

I am not on the pre-op diet yet, but I do find myself going through a lot of emotions as surgery gets closer. I feel the same as you where it's hard to keep this to ourselves, to try and keep it from the people we don't want to know. I know there will be questions/inquiries about my weight loss, and I don't want people to know I had surgery. I know this is right for me, but I don't want the opinions or thoughts about those that I don't want to hear from. I am not looking forward to the pre op diet...I know it's going to be tough!!

This is totally normal. Surgery can be scary and make a person very nervous. On top of that you know you are about to say goodbye to your old friend.......food. Equate it to a smoker giving up cigarettes......they can be really testy when they are going through withdrawal. I will tell you in the beginning there are many emotional moments especially after the surgery. With that said though it is all worth it. Good luck to you!! :)

This is my Facebook Cover pic. Says it all.

post-177840-0-62226300-1384222516_thumb.jpg

Guest Sleeved&NotLovinIt

I know that I was emotional before surgery (11/11/13) and cried at the drop of a hat about anything and everything. About 2 days before surgery it all changed and I got so wired with excitement/happiness, etc.

Thankfully, I really didn't have a bit of trouble with the pre-surgery diet. Now the post-surgery liquids are not going as well but I'll muddle through.

Best of luck! December will be here before you know it!!!

Is it me or does everything seem to bother you , or tick you off !! The closer I get to this pre-op diet and surgery it takes nothing to get me going. I'm stressed out with my personal life trying to keep this whole thing under raps and everything else with school and family ... STRESSED !

Simpley, I think it's being on these post during pre-op. I'm reading more about it which is a good thing but I still don't have a date PLUS I have another NUT visit next week. DONE! I think I need to leave this board alone until I get a date.