Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is this where the intros go?

Hi, I'm Julia from western Pa. I'm 31. My story is long...

I've steadily gained weight since i moved out if my parents house at 18. I've done ever diet known to man.

In 2009 i was 313 pounds and had to do something. By working out 2+ hours a day and eating 1500 calories i lost 80 pounds in 5 months.

I met a guy. A few weeks and One night later i find myself on the way to single parent hood. (i was on birth control too)

I gained almost all my weight back i was 303 day of delivery 275 day home from hospital.

Well mangy never stopped crying and me being all alone AND living in an apartment above a pizza shop i found my self at 320 before she was one

Every year I've lost the same 40 and gained 50.

In 2011 i meet an online friends who had rny i thought about it but the timing was bad with the baby and no help

In 2012 i was determined diet after diet, exercise program after exercise program yo-yo'd all year

In 2013 i was frustrated. Gave up for a while, developed a fit problem, and then hurt my knee. Now i can barely walk. Can't play with my kid, can't take her to parks, can't go on rides at fairs and parks... It is bad really bad. I weighed in at 350

Then miracle of all miracles a guy at work who i rarely see was skinny all of a sudden. I asked him about it. He told me he had rny. He tells me which insurance i should pick to make it go smoothly. He inspired me to make the call.

I called the bariatric center and made the appointment for January. My new insurance will be in effect, and i signed up for a hcsa so i will have all the funds immediate available.

I an starting too track my food and weight and eliminate sugar so i can take it all to my appointment in January and prove I'm ready.

My insurance doesn't require a dr supervised diet. I'm hoping it will be an easy approval...

He also told me about this forum which is why I'm here

Ps my avatar is me at my smallest. I don't know how it got there or how to change it

Haha mangy supposed to be baby

I use Swype and an famous for my typos

Haha mangy supposed to be baby

I use Swype and an famous for my typos

I actually thought your baby's name was mangy lol.

Welcome to rny!!! I'm Kelly, 39, single mom of 2 almost grown kids. I'm from NE PA. Im still pre-op, entering into the 5th month of my 6th month program. This is a great place to come with questions, for support , to brag about your weight loss and accomplishments :-) or if you just need an ear to listen. Hope you enjoy your stay!!!

(Pre op) sw 341~cw 298~gw 140

Welcome!! I'm Terri and I'm 33. I am also pre op. Right now my weight is about 445. But I started at 481. My highest. Weight was 491. I have been over weight my entire life. I adopted a baby girl last year. Due to my weight I never could get pregnant. I chose to go with the rny because of my daughter. I want to be able to do things with her. Right now it's a struggle being a single parent. I also have two foster daughters ages 5 and 10. This surgery is defiantly going to be the start of our new lives! It's going to be a struggle to change old habits but its going to be well worth the struggle! I have also done the yo yo dieting. I lost 40 and gained back 60. It's hard to stick to a diet when you are always busy. We eat out a lot that's my main problem.

So far I was told to loose 34pounds that would put me at 450. So I did that. Then I had to go to a meeting, see the nutritionist and have a psych evaluation done. I have done all of those. I have my second appointment scheduled for November 7th. Hopefully I will get my date that day.

Well good luck with your journey! This is a great place to get advice and support! I have found some really good friends here! Don't worry no question is a stupid question. Feel free to ask anything because there is people here from all stages. We are in this together!! :)

Welcome!!!! So many of us have the same story. I'm glad ur here!!!!! ;)

So proud of you ladies! The wait can seem endless, but i kinda think thats a good thing. It takes time to get yourself emotionally prepared for this life-changing surgery. It will be here befire you know it, and please feel free to contact me with any questions. Hugs to you:-)

So proud of you ladies! The wait can seem endless' date=' but i kinda think thats a good thing. It takes time to get yourself emotionally prepared for this life-changing surgery. It will be here befire you know it, and please feel free to contact me with any questions. Hugs to you:-)[/quote']

Thank you Patticake!!! This wait feels like forever for sure but I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have a friend from here heading into her new life, being prepped for her surgery as we speak. I'm so excited for her and it makes me feel that my surgery is that much closer :-) Hugs back to you!!!

(Pre op) sw 341~cw 298~gw 140

Hi my name is Indira I'm also pre-op.... I've been over weight since I had my first child in 2000....I'm now a single mom of 3 and weight 296... I'm hoping to have my RNY by Jan/Feb of 2014.. Because of my insurance I have to see the nutritionist for 4 months.. Had my first appointment today!! I'm very nervous about surgery BUT very excited to lose weight!!! My goal weight is 150/160lbs I'm 5'5.....

Hi everyone and WELCOME!!

DOS:358 CW:270 SD:1/28/13 BabyBoyBorn 10/28/13

Welcome to the site! As many have already said this site is a great place to visit! I'm about 2 months post op and I'm thankful I had the band to bypass revision! You're off to a great start! Keep us posted!

Welcome!!! I'm new here too. Seems like a great group of knowledgeable people here. I'm from NEPA...Wilkes Barre area. Still pre op. Hope that changes sometime in January.

Hi, I'm Julia from western Pa. I'm 31. My story is long...

I've steadily gained weight since i moved out if my parents house at 18. I've done ever diet known to man.

In 2009 i was 313 pounds and had to do something. By working out 2+ hours a day and eating 1500 calories i lost 80 pounds in 5 months.

I met a guy. A few weeks and One night later i find myself on the way to single parent hood. (i was on birth control too)

I gained almost all my weight back i was 303 day of delivery 275 day home from hospital.

Well mangy never stopped crying and me being all alone AND living in an apartment above a pizza shop i found my self at 320 before she was one

Every year I've lost the same 40 and gained 50.

In 2011 i meet an online friends who had rny i thought about it but the timing was bad with the baby and no help

In 2012 i was determined diet after diet, exercise program after exercise program yo-yo'd all year

In 2013 i was frustrated. Gave up for a while, developed a fit problem, and then hurt my knee. Now i can barely walk. Can't play with my kid, can't take her to parks, can't go on rides at fairs and parks... It is bad really bad. I weighed in at 350

Then miracle of all miracles a guy at work who i rarely see was skinny all of a sudden. I asked him about it. He told me he had rny. He tells me which insurance i should pick to make it go smoothly. He inspired me to make the call.

I called the bariatric center and made the appointment for January. My new insurance will be in effect, and i signed up for a hcsa so i will have all the funds immediate available.

I an starting too track my food and weight and eliminate sugar so i can take it all to my appointment in January and prove I'm ready.

My insurance doesn't require a dr supervised diet. I'm hoping it will be an easy approval...

He also told me about this forum which is why I'm here

Ps my avatar is me at my smallest. I don't know how it got there or how to change it

Welcome Julia!

I'm glad you're here! As everyone has already said this is a really great place to come for advice and support. Any questions that I have ever asked, I always have gotten a very caring response that seems to come from the heart. There are really good caring folks on this site.

With that said, my name is Ronette, I am 37 years old and I'm from IN. I have been overweight pretty much all of my life. I have dieted off and on for many years. Losing weight and then gaining it back. Before I got pregnant with my 9 year old daughter I lost 50 lbs. While I was pregnant, I gained all of that weight back, plus a whole lot more. In the last 9 years I have gotten bigger than I have ever been. My largest weight was 413 lbs. I had thought about the surgery a few years ago, but I had heard a few horror stories that scared me.

Finally, in February 2013 I looked at my 9 year old one day and realized that if I didn't do something I would be dead within 5 years! I also thought about the fact that I had never been able to take my daughter to the park or do any activities that require me to move a lot, just because of my weight. So I contacted my surgeon and came in for my first appt. My doctor put me on a LRD and told me I had to do 6 months of swl classes. In those 6 months I lost 94 lbs. on my own. My surgery date was Tuesday October 29th 2013 and on that day I weighed 319 lbs. It has been a week and a half after surgery and I feel pretty good! I have an appt. on Thursday and if my home scales are accurate, I have lost another 18 lbs. since my surgery!

I have had a few emotional issues since I had the surgery, but I wouldn't change anything I did for the world!

So again, welcome and if you need anything or just want to talk, I am always here!!

Hello everyone! I am also pre-op. Hope to have my surgery January 2014. Have already met with the surgeon, have my appt with the nutritionist in 2 days and meet with psych next week. I'm curious, why did y'all choose bypass over the sleeve? I was going to do the sleeve but I think this will help me lose more weight and my surgeon said it's better for snackers. I have about 110 lbs to lose. Been overweight all my life. Lost 80 lbs with low-carb to gain it back and then some. I am so excited to do this! We rock, y'all!

Hello everyone! I am also pre-op. Hope to have my surgery January 2014. Have already met with the surgeon, have my appt with the nutritionist in 2 days and meet with psych next week. I'm curious, why did y'all choose bypass over the sleeve? I was going to do the sleeve but I think this will help me lose more weight and my surgeon said it's better for snackers. I have about 110 lbs to lose. Been overweight all my life. Lost 80 lbs with low-carb to gain it back and then some. I am so excited to do this! We rock, y'all!

I'm pre-op also!! I pray I can have my surgery Jan/Feb 2014.. I chose the bypass because it's been around for years.. And with the bypass u lose more weight I'm 296 now and want to lose 130/140