Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gettting anxious about all the waiting

Okay so I went to my seminar August 25, The next day they called and scheduled my appointment with the surgeon for September 25. The waiting for the first appointment was a killer, from there all of my appointments have been in October. The only appointment I have left is medical clearance and my three workshops. Which I could have gotten it all done in November and then had my surgery the beginning of December, but I have three children so I had to ask a friend if she could take them make sure they got to school on time did their homework all that wonderful stuff for at least two days for me. The only time she could do this would be the end of January so they rescheduled my workshops till December because they want them to be fresh for my surgery. Is it wrong that I just want to hurry up and get the surgery part over with that's the only part I'm nervous about. I have had a weight problem my entire life and I just want to press my reset button, my second chance. January seems so far away. And my children are not happy with the way the cabinets are looking. Are there any other people out there who have to wait or had to we this long to get their surgery done and how did you feel afterwards I'm just afraid that I'm going to be in pain or I won't be able m to care for my children in some ways, which is kind of in ironic fear because I'm getting the surgery so that I can be more playful with my children.

I started on May 25 and my surgery is scheduled for Dec. 10. It was frustrating waiting so long because I kept having to have tests postponed because of my work commitments. And tests tests tests sheesh. A coworker had this done and didn't have half the stuff I've had to have done. But finally almost here. So hang in there and don't let the delays make you nervous.

Omg your surgery is only a week away! Good luck! My last surgeon appt isn't until the 11th but I'm done with everything so I am hoping for the first or second week of January.

I first saw my surgeon on Jan 4th & had surgery on June 19th. My insurance company required a 90 day period of NUT & psych appts & supervised diet & clearances & whatever else. But I'm in school full-time right now, so once I registered for my summer classes I knew that June 19th would have to be the day for me. That was the only way I could get it in between classes & after a big family vacay in May. I was done with pretty much all my preop stuff by April, so then I had a long wait until June. I was busy, though, so the time went pretty quickly. January will be here before you know it!