Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think everyone in our shoes can relate to having a sick relationship with food. I wonder if you can redefine success as having a healthy relationship with food and being healthy. I was bulimic for over fifteen years, in recovery for twenty. I am in therapy, and I probably will need support for life. What I've learned is that purging and other unhealthy food behaviors are not about food at all...that's just the symptom. My bulimia was about me not knowing how to deal with my feelings, good or bad. I came from a dysfunctional family who did not deal with feelings in a normal way, so I had to learn how to feel my feelings and not stuff them My therapist's concern with the surgery was that , while it us a great weight loss tool it also forces a restricted eating pattern, so I eat as normally as possible in the restricted parameters of my new lifestyle: regular meal times, scheduled Snacks, food logging, etc. This makes me eat more or less like a " normal" person in an abnormal situation. But support us crucial....professional support. I urge you to contact your team so they can guide you to a good therapist and support system. You are worth it! We're here for you, but we're not professionals, and opinions are often times well intentioned, but misguided...after all, they're only opinions from lay people. Please look into getting help...we care, and we want the best for yiu.

Can u guys give me an example of a day and what u eat? I seem to always be hungry because im not eating right/enough

starting weight 298, current 183, goal 150

Can u guys give me an example of a day and what u eat? I seem to always be hungry because im not eating right/enough starting weight 298' date=' current 183, goal 150[/quote']

I am not sure I am normal, but this is what I ate today

1 egg and one slice of high Protein bread with a little whipped butter. I toast the bread and fry the egg in Pam

coffee

snack of one clementine and a few Newmans high Protein pretzels

lunch was a Salisbury steak patty from a frozen smart ones. Usually it's salad greens and either cottage cheese or sliced London broil

Snack of half an apple and a tablespoon if Peanut Butter or a Fiber one Protein Bar

dinner will be a lamb chop and veggies.

Snack of a few pretzels and a cheddar cheese stick.

I drink lots if Water that I put a splash of grape juice in. I average 1000 to 1200 calories. I cannot tolerate chicken unless it is in a lot of sauce. Otherwise I eat normally. For the first time ever.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Can u guys give me an example of a day and what u eat? I seem to always be hungry because im not eating right/enough starting weight 298' date=' current 183, goal 150[/quote']

Not sure how normal I am either, but here's today's fare:

Breakfast 1 scoop unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein and 1.5 cups coffee flavored almond milk and a low fat string cheese

lunch low fat organic vanilla Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of raspberries and no sugar added rice pudding cup

snack 1/2 Budi superfood bar (they're local; kind of like a raw bar)

dinner will be 1 or 2 ounces of seitan steak (vegetarian 'meat') with 1/4 mashed potato and 1/4 cup of acorn squash with a little butter and salt.

Probably will have the other half of the Budi bar for dessert.

It'll be about 1000-1200 calories total.

My day generally consists of

1 premier choc shake for bfast

A lite and fit Greek yogurt or a Quest Protein bar for lunch

Some form if meat and salad for dinner

Cashews or other nuts, half and half, Greek yogurt, cheese make up my Snacks I generally have two during the day.

Sometimes my days are different

HW 358 SW 344 CW 240 RNY 4/11/2013

I won't share my day today because the pouch was a bit "off" so it wasn't a normal day for me. On the menu for tomorrow is..

Breakfast: 100 calorie multigrain english muffin and slice of muenster cheese (probably only eat half).

Snack: cucumber

Lunch: 6 cocktail shrimp and some cocktail sauce

Snack: Protein bar

Dinner: sautéed chicken, zucchini, and brown rice (I may make spaghetti squash to have instead because I haven't tried rice yet and am kind of nervous).

Snack: Some milk with Protein Cereal or a Click Decaf Protein shake.

My surgeon prefers me to do 6 small meals a day so I stay full. Works very well with my busy schedule.

Youre all already better than me since ive had half a chocolate bar and about to have a bagel. I dont even get my brain im a complete idiot.

starting weight 298, current 183, goal 150

Youre all already better than me since ive had half a chocolate bar and about to have a bagel. I dont even get my brain im a complete idiot. starting weight 298' date=' current 183, goal 150[/quote'] I wish we could copy and paste on this site. I just replied to a post called 'fallen off the wagon' that might help :-) Lx