Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 4th Week Post Op

I haven't lost any more than a stone which I lost my first five days after surgery so I'm now at 12 stone. I think with any weight that does come off will take me longer now & will slow down, where as I've been expecting miracles.

I've been getting stomach pains & sometimes I think that I may have over eaten as I've felt very sick or been sick on two occasions.

I'm eating soup; cheese strings to get Protein & yoghurt & low fat low sugar milkshakes. Mash potato sometimes or a jacket potato without skins; sometimes shepherd's pie, or cold carbonara or ravioli. Crisps as a carbohydrate if I don't eat potato for a while, low fat cheese & crackers.

But no matter what I eat or how much sleep I get I'm permanently shattered & have no energy. Haven't been exercising as I'm still too sore but really want to get back to it. Trying to quit smoking as well. Generally feeling MEH & back at work full time too. :'(

Do you have Protein shakes where you are? Are you taking your Vitamins?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Wow thats crazy.. no Protein? ?? And smoking.. sweety you doing damage to yourself :( At least try to get the 60 grams of protein and drink your Vitamins You will feel a lot better.. Im 3 weeks post op and i walk 20 minutes every day and im feeling great.. Walking helps a lot.. good luck on your journey.

Thank you for your message I really appreciate it. I take my Vitamins every day without fail & would like to start walking but I'm just so shattered all the time & haven't got any energy.

I've quit smoking today & doing quite well as since my op I no longer enjoy it anymore. Really wished I felt as fab as you do. Xx

I dont know if u like ensure.. but i drink 2 every day.. it gives me Protein and Vitamins plus energy.. when im sitting down for more than an hour my legs start to feel funny and i need to stand up and walk ....so that rare feeling in my legs goes away.. and im surprised about that..because im a very lazy person.. but my body is just telling me hey come on you need to move.. lol.. but I hope u feel better and get the energys that you need.. good luck. You are a pretty lady :)

Thanks hun I appreciate your support & compliment altho I don't feel it. Keep up the good work. I'm seeing my GP nxt week & dietitian so hopefully I'll get me sorted out & back on an even keal take care sweets xx

Im 4 weeks out post op also and I take my vits everyday and I do a Protein Shake every morning for my Breakfast. My Nut would like me to only use a Protein supplement once a day if I can and I'm still struggling to get my 60-80g in, its not easy. I have also noticed when I don't get enough protein or Water in, then I start feeling very crappy. Listen to your body, I would agree that you need at least one higher protein supplement in a day until you are supposed to eat more so you can get enough just by food. There is no way I could ever get enough protein in at 4 weeks if I didn't use a supplement. I'm not surprised you feel awful. Oh course smoking will also work against your new body, so that too would be a priority to quit and this is a perfect time. My doctor won't even do surgery if the person smokes and doesn't quit prior to surgery, seems to be a pretty big deal. Good luck, you have come to far to not be successful, I would talk with your Doc and Nut and help you back on track.

I would take the suggestions and present them to your doc or nut. Everyone is so different. I'm 8 weeks post op and still don't tolerate many solids. I went to the ER last week to get a couple of bags of fluids because I was severely dehydrated.

My doc suggested Ensure Clear to get Protein and Vitamins in, it also gives me a boost of energy.

Good luck to you!

I was 4 weeks yesterday, and stalled last Friday and still stalled. I'm still now eating that much, so I know my metabolism thinks I am starving, so it has stopped. Probably could jump start it if I could get more calories in, but just trying to get all the Fluid causes me not to be too hungry and having to force myself to eat. This will pass, I am sure as my stomach continues to heal. This program will work, if you just work it. Not going to worry, I know what has to be done and I will succeed.

I haven't lost any more than a stone which I lost my first five days after surgery so I'm now at 12 stone. I think with any weight that does come off will take me longer now & will slow down' date=' where as I've been expecting miracles.

I've been getting stomach pains & sometimes I think that I may have over eaten as I've felt very sick or been sick on two occasions.

I'm eating soup; cheese strings to get Protein & yoghurt & low fat low sugar milkshakes. Mash potato sometimes or a jacket potato without skins; sometimes shepherd's pie, or cold carbonara or ravioli. Crisps as a carbohydrate if I don't eat potato for a while, low fat cheese & crackers.

But no matter what I eat or how much sleep I get I'm permanently shattered & have no energy. Haven't been exercising as I'm still too sore but really want to get back to it. Trying to quit smoking as well. Generally feeling MEH & back at work full time too. :'([/quote']

You can order Protein shakes off the internet...I would find it hard to get my Protein in without them:)...