Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not following the program!

I have not been following the program they way I should be;

I don’t measure my Fluid intake and I suspect that I rarely (if ever) drink enough fluid

I don’t take my Multi Vitamins - I stopped taking them when I did the blood work for all my micro nutrients and everything was normal (makes no sense at all - I know!)

My hair is falling out rapidly and despite having bought Biotin - I am not taking it.

I stopped drinking Protein Shakes because I thought I was getting enough Protein. I have since discovered that I am not getting enough protein but I haven't started the shakes again.

I drink one to two skim milk Lattes a day (I am usual in denial about the first one and then feel justified in having the second)

I ate four Cookies tonight (first cookies since surgery) and they went down REALLY easily.

I am running only three days a week (I know I need to do more exercise)

There are a lot of things that I am doing right, and I have made massive changes in my life but I need to put this out to the universe because these “little things” have accumulated into somewhat of a problem. I would normally lie to myself and trivialize the importance of taking care of myself. This has always been my biggest problem. I am horrible at taking care of myself and therefore find following “the rules” so difficult. I know that this is something fundamental that I need to change in order to have long term success. I just needed to put it out there that I am falling down at the moment and I’m finding it hard to get back up again. Thanks for reading!

I am afraid of falling down just like you (except for the running...I'm not sure I'll ever get into that). I hope admitting it here will help you! I go through health spurts that never become life-long habits. The longest I have ever gone is 6 months. I hope I will have the right mindset come surgery time! I have a few months before I am there, so I'm working on it.

Maybe you could set up alarms on your phone? I did that for my daily meds and eventually I stopped needing the reminder (my only good habit).

Take a deep breath...... Regroup..... Now tomorrow is a bran new day. When you get up take your Vitamins, start counting your Proteins. Just put all this behind you and start new. I may not know you personal, but I have faith in you bc you cowboyed up and talked about what's going on. I admire you for that.

Your honesty is refreshing. A lot of people find denial easier than looking at themselves truthfully.

Look,

This journey isn't easy for anyone. It gets harder the further out you get from surgery. I am 5 months postop and in a stall. Last week I ate poorly (ate trigger foods that I just plain need to stay away from) and so far this week I've turned a new leaf. It isn't easy, but I really want to overcome my personal road blocks so I can succeed.

I know you want to, too. Take it one day at a time. Focus on putting one foot in front of the other and logging every bite of your food intake. You know you need to continue to take your Vitamins because you'll find the next time you get blood work done you'll probably be deficient. Look into different types of exercise if you don't like running. How about dancing? Or group fitness classes?

I could say well hey either do it or don't, either be successful or don't, totally up to you. But I know you are reaching out because you want support and you want to succeed. You can absolutely do this!

Yes, great above post. Honestly, I think most people stumble into this at some point. It's just so much work. It gets boring. Hello, logging my food daily after more than three years? Really? I never realized what I was signing on for, but you know what?

These are the things that help you have long term success.

Getting your Protein, weighing daily, tracking your food, taking your supplements - that's important stuff.

Go slow and get into the routine again. Things will get dull or challenging at times. Following basic rules is what keeps people at or near goal.

Sometimes, I don't take my supplements or drink my Protein and I'm so sick of chugging Water I could just scream some days. And yeah, Cookies (and chips, and popcorn, and don't get me started) go down really easily. Nothing stops slider foods from helping you regain weight except making the choice to either avoid them completely or keep it structured.

There is always an opportunity to pick up, shake it off and move forward. Your sleeve is still there and will work for you if you work it.

~Cheri

Hi Camella,

I am six months out and have been experiencing a lot of the same things. I think we have an internal battle that fights all the change. At first it's very exciting and new, then reality sinks in. You still have problems in your life, you still have issues you have to deal with. Anxiety is still there. Family and work still pulls on you, so on and so on. I am realizing though that I am developing better skills at dealing with life. I can't say I'm perfect yet, but I am getting better. To me that's a major positive. I will keep treading forward until I get it right.

You hang in there, it will get better if you keep the faith and keep trying. Do whatever you have to in order to stay motivated.

Cindy

Edited by Cindy Martin

“little things” have accumulated into somewhat of a problem.

Camella

As OP said good for you, baring your soul :unsure:

I think "fessing" up is a good thing

you are 5 months PO - down 61 lbs :o

OMG that's great!!!!

comments from others above and more to follow.............

show that you are not alone :o

it is hard dealing with following all the rules/water et al

but you've been so successful, i know you can continue to do right

concentrate on "thing I do right"

try not to dwell on the bad things

use those bad thoughts to remind you great you can, and will do

i saw your before and after pics

what a difference!!!

you look great

me, many, most of us get discouraged, fall down once and a while :angry:

then we/me/you realize how hard we've worked

get back to doing what you were doing before

I know thats so easy to say, but please, you gotta do it

eating those foods/sliders will just depress you more

eventually you might say "oh well" and continue your forever old bad habits

please don't do that

you were successful then, you will be again

I can see B) in your beautiful eyes and face that you are a winner (or loser!!! :lol:)

the old standard of getting back to basic is never a bad idea

you have lost so much weight!!!!'

good for you!!!

OP have correctly suggested what to do, so i won't repeat their wise words

hang in there

you can do this

we all care about you - and all other people dealing with "issues" :wacko:

heads up

kathy

The thing to do is follow through with the protein... So important! Take your Vitamins especially the B-12 and Calcium. Allow yourself indulging feeling foods. I take the sugar free Jello pudding and put the fat free rediwhip on it with a few sprinkles. It make you feel like your cheating but you're not. I also get the choc rice cakes with berries redi-whip and sprinkles. It lets you think you are eating crazy indulgent food but you're not. :). If you deprive yourself you will surely fail.

Thank you so much for your kind responses! I really appreciate the support. I also appreciate the fact that nobody who responded to this post judged me.

I have taken your advice on board and I have started to get back on track!

Read your program materials back to front. Take notes, and then immediately commit to follow your program. Too many slips could lead to weight gain...