Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously.. What's up with yogurt these days?

I cook with plain a lot but I haven't eaten in plain in a long time. Maybe it's time to go back to that, or add Torani sf Syrup. Good idea!

Try nonfat plain Greek or nonfat plain kefir with a touch of Torani sugarfree Caramel. Yum! Don't add too much, those syrups are easy to overdo. When I can eat fresh fruit again I plan to eat it with strawberries, sort of a Strawberries Romanov dish.

I only eat nonfat plain Fage or Chobani. They have 23 grams of Protein per cup. I buy it in the big containers (that come with a lid BTW) and flavor up the whole thing. Right now, I'm eating it flavored with pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and Splenda. In the summer, my fav is to add splenda and top with frozen blueberries microwaved till warm with Splenda.

Early out, I often had yogurt shake made with the yogurt, splash of OJ, bigger splash of Water, couple frozen strawberries, and Splenda.

Lynda

Oh, and an advantage to buying plain is you can also use it in salad dressings or anywhere else that calls for sour cream.

Lynda

when I was living in Bulgaria I became spoiled with fresh amazing real yogurt, after all as I was told MANY times, Bulgarians invented it (don't waste your breath telling them otherwise) and the bacteria is Bulgarensis, which is true. So after I finished the Peace Corps and came back to the States, the "Greek" yogurt craze was only just beginning and I was like, hey, why are they calling it Greek?!! It's Bulgarian!! And I was already used to the thick consistency. Making your own is the best but what is this no-lid stuff you guys are talking about? you must mean the little tiny individual servings like yoplait, (which I would NEVER eat because its pure sugar). Maybe I just eat more of it than most because I buy it in tubs and those tubs come with lids and I never have it long enough for it to go "bad". My favorite hands down is Brown Cow Organic Plain Greek. Low sugar, low carbs, good level of Protein.< /p>

I agree with GT! I buy the big container because it's more economical. I eat 2-4 oz. at a time and the bigger containers that don't reseal make no sense.

I despise plain yogurt. The only thing I can add to it to make it palatable is honey, and that sort of defeats the purpose. I either buy or make my own, but my biggest gripe is all of the brands that add Gelatin to their yogurt, gah, that's just wrong (not to mention un-kosher!) and why on earth make a "health food" and have HF corn Syrup on the label at all?

I buy the vanilla it's usually my "treat" for the day, eaten as a dessert.

~Cheri

F age zero with frozen berries and perhaps a sprinkle of Stevia is heavenly. THE berries kinda thaw into thks dessert like dish..raspberries aren't favorite this way. And I buy the big container to since I use yogurt for lots of things. Y o u c an marinade chicken breast in it too.

StonyField Organic Greek plain, 0% fat yogurt comes in a 4 pack, with 4 oz containers. It's just the right portion, very filling. I add powdered Fiber, Splenda and a tsp of no sugar added fruit preserves (blueberry is my fav). It's my nightly treat. Beats the heck out of the pint of Ben and Jerry's that used to be my nightly treat.

So how come 4 oz of Greek yogurt can fill me up but I can eat 8-9 oz of no sugar added frozen yogurt from a place like Froyo?

CGJane said it, you can use it for soooooo much, I now use it for every recipe that calls for sour cream or mascarpone. If I'm eating it sweet, I sprinkle some stevia, a couple of blueberries or other berries for the antioxidants, and some crushed raw nuts like almonds. I avoid frozen berries though as they are suspect - pesticides, added sugar, Syrup, etc.

I've been eating Fage 2% plain yogurt with a heaping Tbsp. of apricot preserves and some chopped walnuts...so good. (not sleeved yet)

I've been eating Fage 2% plain yogurt with a heaping Tbsp. of apricot preserves and some chopped walnuts...so good. (not sleeved yet)

Omg that sounds so yummy! I'll prob skip the walnuts coz I don't do well mixing smooth and crunchy but I have lots of sugar free preserves. Hmm marmalade! :)

I am with Laura piggy piggy BonBon! I have been able to eat an entire 5.3 oz greek yogurt since about day 6 post op. This kinda worried me. I was starting to think I got the fat gurl sleeve. Thank goodness once I started eating some pureed Protein I could only get about 1 1/2 tablespoons down before sleevey told me STOP.

On topic. I have no idea why they stopped making lids for the yogurt. I liked 'em!

Back to the best Greek yogurt. I like the Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurts. Here are the nutritional facts

Nutrition Facts

Dannon - Light & Fit -greek Yogurt - strawberry

• Servings: 1 container (5.3 oz/150g)
Calories 80 Sodium 55 mg Total Fat 0 g Potassium 160 mg Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 8 g Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 6 g Trans 0 g Protein 12 g Cholesterol 10 mg Vitamin A 0% Calcium 15% Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

The Dannon fit greek is my favorite too! I can live with 6 grams of sugar for the protein and that it only has 80 calories. Love the blueberry.

I love to take a few slices of a honey crisp apple and and eat the yogurt like a dip.

Oh, and costco has it with 6 strawberry and 6 blueberry for about 7 bucks. It's almost 5 bucks in the grocery for 4!

I can eat the whole thing with 3 or so slices of apple.

Yep, ... Just like wine is fruit

It's not?

Holy crap! Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. :blink:

5 servings a day, right? :P

I eat Fage 2% plain Greek so..... tongue.png

Love Fage plain...but LV...try the 0%...especially on 'fast' days...you will save some fat and cals and it is a bit less "creamy" than the 2% but worth trying. ;)

Love Fage...but LV...try the 0%...especially on 'fast' days...you will save some fat and cals and it is a bit less "creamy" than the 2% but worth trying. ;)

Lol I just bought some today. A massive jug of it..

I go back and forth on 2% and 0%

Don't ask me why.. I guess I like variety :P

It tastes just as good to me but I think I trick myself into thinking I don't feel as full as long with the 0%..

Yep that's my fat brain thinking :D