Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved October 17th

Hello VSG community!

I had my surgery on the17th. Recovery was better than expected, no nausea or vomiting thank goodness. I was doing so well they released me a day early from the hospital. Aside from really bad hunger pangs and hitting a brick wall on day 5 with the Protein Shakes (too sweet), I was thrilled to move on to soft/puréed food. I have yet to get in all my Protein and Water but I'm trying.

Like everyone else, I really miss the act of eating and trying to identify that notorious "yellow light bite" has been hard. I have spent whole life eating so fast that knowing when to stop before your miserable is difficult to identify.

I am so happy that I found this forum. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's experiences and look ford to getting feedback from all of you.

Love from Texas!

-Monya

pureed after day 5! I'm so jealous. They wanted me on full liquids for 3 weeks! Makes me feel not so guilty about the baby food I had! :D

I, too, was sleeved on the 17th. You wrote my story! I've also had a fairly textbook recovery. Glad to hear you are doing so well.

16# in 17days. I'm starting to see it slowing down, which is to be expected, I guess.

Hi, I was sleeved on the 17th. I'm not sure if I'm entering a stall of if my body is still holding on to Fluid because it's that TOM. I'm on the last days, so I'm wondering. I'm also learning how to eat slow and take small bites. I've been doing a lot of belching when I eat, and when I eat some foods with more texture I feel it in my chest. It is very uncomfortable and annoying. I truly hope that this goes away. I hope as time goes on food slides down easy. :unsure:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches