Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone stopped losing at 4 months out...for good?

I am down 50 lbs, but 21 of those came in the first 3 weeks or so. I am SO nervous that 50 lbs is it for me. I only lost 8 lbs last month and about 6 inches. I am so afraid that I won't lose any more and I still have about 35 to go. I just want to know if anyone has maxed out at just 4 months out.

Thank you :)

OMG!!! I feel the same way, I stop loosing 3 weeks ago, so far 42 gone but I need 30 more. I know is normal but sometimes I can't help the feeling...

It thought I stopped about 8 months out, but all of the sudden I was like an inferno and couldn't sleep for a few days and just felt emotional and just not myself at all. I lost 10 lbs this week. It just begins again. Just keep staying on course and move more it will start to come off as it needs to.

As long as your consumption of calories is less than what you burn, you will lose. It will slow down over time as you get closer and closer to a "normal" BMI, but this will always hold true.

Bottom line, if you don't follow the basic guidelines and consume the same number of calories as you burn, then yes, you will be done losing. Add exercise, follow the guidelines (eat lean Protein first, no drinking thing) and you will lose.

As long as your consumption of calories is less than what you burn, you will lose. It will slow down over time as you get closer and closer to a "normal" BMI, but this will always hold true.

Bottom line, if you don't follow the basic guidelines and consume the same number of calories as you burn, then yes, you will be done losing. Add exercise, follow the guidelines (eat lean Protein first, no drinking thing) and you will lose.

I weight my food, and count calories, I drink 64 oz of Water a day and I am going to the gym 3 times a week, inches are dropping like crazy but loosing the weight stop. I know soon will start dropping again....

I weight my food, and count calories, I drink 64 oz of Water a day and I am going to the gym 3 times a week, inches are dropping like crazy but loosing the weight stop. I know soon will start dropping again....

Well, you are losing inches, right? Isn't that the bottom line? Are you wanting to lose fat, muscle or weight? THAT is the question we must ask ourselves ...

Is it OK if we lose fat, but stay at the same weight? Is it OK if we lose muscle AND lose weight? Is it OK if we ...

I know that right now ... for me ... I would be happy as all get out if I could gain 5 pounds of muscle. I think a lot of based on what our goals are and how well we understand WHAT exactly our body is doing.

I am happy because I am loosing inches, from size 14 I am down to 6-8 I have a problem with myself because I always look at the numbers, I been trying to change this but its hard for me. We all have our issues... but on the end I feel great and I know I look better too. Hopefully soon the weight start dropping again, no rust, took all my life to get heavy and I know is going to take time to get where I want to be.

Our weight loss is almost exactly the same. I am almost 4 1/2 months out and I am at 176 pounds (52 pounds of weighloss from surgery, 72 pounds from hieghest weight). My weight has been pretty much at a stall for the past month or so; however, I am very aware that stalls are normal and that they happen, especially as you near your normal BMI. I just saw my doctor this week. He said he was very happy with my weightloss. He also said that persons who begin this process with a lower BMI tend to lose weight a lot slower than those with higher BMI's.

I am VERY happy with my weight loss. I would never have lost this much on my own in this short amount of time. If the rest of the 30+ pounds of weight takes a year to come off, I am fine with that because I feel good and I know I look great (with clothes on, ha!)...even if I'm not at goal.

Your body is readjusting (PdxMan makes a valid point). You'll get there. Keep doing what you're suppose to be doing and it'll happen. Stay positive!

Edited by Curvy

Awesome everyone thank you! I don't care if it takes another year to come off, as long as it keeps coming off! I was just afraid that (even as little as I am eating) that I was all done losing.