Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

physician assistant, i'm family practice or primary care

Oh right. We don't have them here. We have doctors and nurses. The government is trying to change laws to enable a position called "Medical Assistant" but the nursing and medical associations are resisting.

God bless him...I'd strangle a patient, I know I would.

Lol, he's a patient man... That's the only reason why We are still married :P

Oh right. We don't have them here. We have doctors and nurses. The government is trying to change laws to enable a position called "Medical Assistant" but the nursing and medical associations are resisting.

Yes a some the doctors hate them here...

They do the same things but at a lower cost..

I should be institutionalized, cause I fight with myself on wanting to look cute verses wearing light weight...

Oh wait a minute while I take of this belt oh and this chunky necklace because it weighs 8 oz's :P

Me too. Cute wins for me....I'm pretty excited that I can wear the stuff I can. But I'm always torn because that number matters too! nuts.

Yes a some the doctors hate them here...

They do the same things but at a lower cost..

That's why we need them here! Health care costs way too high, and maintained at a high level because there is no competition.

That's why we need them here! Health care costs way too high, and maintained at a high level because there is no competition.

. I'm lucky to be in a group that sees us in a good light. They're trying to get to where there are 2PAs for every 1 MD. REALLY cuts the overhead...but yes, doctors are a tricky group, you have to convince them it's their brilliant idea or the buck...gotta love em...cuz it's illegal to kill em.

I totally understand your forum love, GG. For several years (back when God's forum was just a pup) I was involved with one at TWoP (Television without Pity.) It was the forum snarking on the Bachelor.

Fluffnomore, I totally get this, I have lots of good friends I made on the American Idol boards there 4-5 years ago even though I never post there anymore. We also retreated to our own separate forum when the modding at TWoP got out of control and irrational.

Oh and by the way, switching to another topic in this thread, my eating habits pre-surgery? How did I get to being just a hair under a 60 BMI? Almost every kind of bad eating habit you can think of except binging. I ate way too much. I ate the wrong kind of food (cake for Breakfast, anyone?). I ate constantly if I could. And now when I get tempted to start researching and weaseling out the plan my dietician and surgeon have set for me, and want to believe that I'm a smart person who can figure out what to do on her own, I have to go all Dr. Phil* on myself . . . how's that working for you?

*Disclaimer: I hate Dr. Phil and think he's a complete buffoon, but that one little line of his has worked for me. It helps me keep my know-it-allness in line.

Hey Everybody, I've been reading this thread for a few days and am finally ready to post.

Congrats to everyone who has weigh ins and rocks the fashion (or nudity) as a priority...I'm one of you, too.

Misty, glad your surgery is over and I hope you are feeling better and are back running on Monday. Your post about your childhood was courageous. Thanks!

In fact, I read many courageous posts about childhood, and life and food...you guys ROCK.

This thread covers everything...and even some things I'm not following, like someone who had an opinion that stated it as fact and may be influencing newbies.

So I'm traveling this week and have been reading this thread at meals with my companion iPad. Personally, I can't wait to get home and have some real human companionship, to talk at, to watch eat (because he tells me I stare at him eating when I get full) and to eat the part of the food that I know I won't eat. Tonight was a Red Lobster night. Huge plate of "wood broiled" seafood, which I dished on the lonely little bread plate and ate about a quarter of the serving. Tasted good, and I let the waiter take it away and not bring me a box. Won't be eating leftovers tomorrow. Nice to read all of your silliness, and seriousness while eating my meal. You guys are good entertainment.

Had a little stress at work, a little loneliness on the road, and the fact that I wanted to pig out tonight couldn't go without mention. That's my addiction, my learned coping skills and the messages that get to come to the surface and be out in the world, so I can be free(er) or less fucked - as my friends on this string might say.

On the brighter side. Man - I love my new cloths! I can keep up at the gym. I have amazing energy levels and sleep well at night. How do you spell clothes. Fucked it!

Glad to see you are all here on the new site. You all keep me saner than I would be elsewise. Not sure how I'm going to deal with Thanksgiving, but I know I will be home and will have family and friends around. So that will be nuts and fun and probably therapy provoking when it's all said and done. Hahaha

I feel like a dork posting...I hope someday I will get more comfortable with this.

Hi Seagirl!

Bet this is quite the read

Nice to see you here and posting :) It must be hard to travel for work and be away from home ( wait that part sounds good! Teenagers) and take of your meals out.

I don't know if I would stay on the straight and narrow.

Oh thanksgiving, every year we cook the day before (and eat like pigs) then on thanksgiving I pack up turkey dressing cranberry sandwiches and go to the beach just my husband, kids and me.

It's our own personal fuckED you to our families :D

Last year was my surgery a week before.. so that didn't happen.

It's funny my mom called today and said hey can we come with you? Ummm yeah...I told her ok but you won't see for me for Christmas (yes I'm mean) so thanksgiving I think will be easy not to over indulge its Christmas that has me worried! Family = stress and tons of food = eating ...

We don't have Thanksgiving in NZ (shame!). I'm originally from England, and they don't have it there either. I would introduce it to my clan here (sounds like great fun!) but it's too bloodeyED hot to cook a turkey!

This winter past (June, July, August) I made a midwinter "Christmas" feast. First turkey I'd cooked in over 20 years. It was delicious, so I'm thinking I'll make the midwinter feast a feature of our family calendar from now on.

We don't have Thanksgiving in NZ (shame!). I'm originally from England, and they don't have it there either. I would introduce it to my clan here (sounds like great fun!) but it's too bloodeyED hot to cook a turkey!This winter past (June, July, August) I made a midwinter "Christmas" feast. First turkey I'd cooked in over 20 years. It was delicious, so I'm thinking I'll make the midwinter feast a feature of our family calendar from now on.

I'm an American in Australia and we don't have it either. But it's my favorite holiday so we host it every year here and it's a big hit. We had 30+ people over this past Saturday for the gathering and it was so much fun. I had no trouble eating. I measured my turkey and had a spoonful of all the other things I wanted. The leftovers are almost gone now. Almost everything I'm used to eating for thanksgiving is pretty sleeve-friendly.

Me too!

Lol I "liked" Your post... But not because I like that you were a sneak eater :P

It's just nice to meet you :)

Thanks! Nice to meet you as well - I have been inspired by you and sincerely appreciate and value what you have to say. I know you are a year out now right!?! With me not even a month out - your words are wisdom - not to mention a communication style I admire! Thanks for being you Laura! :)

I have an American in my house. Thanksgiving will officially hit Scotland this 2013. Will this day be any different to any other day? No, because he eats me out of house and home as it is!

If it crawls, slithers, swims, barks, moo's, oinks, fly's, hops - it's fair game and he's eating it.

A veritable human dustbin....

Maybe a huge turkey might be a good idea.. It'll keep him fed for, hmm, I don't know, three hours :blink:

I get to do Thanksgiving with my extended family after a family wedding on Wednesday afternoon. I'm hoping that amongst so many people no one will really notice that I'm eating a) mashed potatoes, b ) sweet potato and c) a bite of the middle of the pumpkin pie. I don't think there's anyway to blend the turkey in that setting, LOL, and only two people really know about the surgery. I'll be traveling with Protein Shakes and bari puddings.< /p>

This is the "food should hurt" crowd, but I think I'll handle it well. And I also got clearance (Clarence) for one glass of wine at the wedding, if I want it. I'm reserving judgment on that one until later as I know it's a possible trigger. And by that I mean for another glass of wine or grazing…not that there's much to graze right now.

I have an American in my house. Thanksgiving will officially hit Scotland this 2013. Will this day be any different to any other day? No, because he eats me out of house and home as it is! If it crawls, slithers, swims, barks, moo's, oinks, fly's, hops - it's fair game and he's eating it. A veritable human dustbin.... Maybe a huge turkey might be a good idea.. It'll keep him fed for, hmm, I don't know, three hours :blink:

Barks?