Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am feeling completely blah today. In no way does it reflect my continued happiness with getting my sleeve, nope. Just life in general. The same things that were there pre op are lingering post op. I was sleeved 10/21. No complications. No real issues. I will admit I had rose colored glasses on going in so I did not give the idea of MAJOR SURGERY enough credit. So, the ensuing recovery period has been maybe a bit tougher than I gave credit to. But all in all it has been ok and yes, I would do it all again. I am healing well, lost 10lbs since my pre op appointment (4 days prior to surgery) and I am moving along. Today I returned to work. That could be a large portion of my negativity today. Yesterday, when all was said and done, when I was cleared and planning my return to work, when the surgery was Water under the bridge and no take backs....I was informed I was not being paid for the time I took off! Not that it was a complete surprise. I work for a company that can only be said to be un employee friendly. The fact they even covered WLS in the insurance still blows my mind. The company does NOT offer any form of sick time. You get 10 days vacation annually- period. ( I have been here 18+ years) And, to be very blunt, my pay STINKS. I literally make a few dollars (per hour)above minimum wage after all this time. And for the record I am their accounts payable department. I'm it-period. It is a multi million dollar manufacturing company. Needless to say I have chose to stay here so it is much as my own fault as any. ( I have looked elsewhere in the past with no luck) Anyway, I just think how they handled this stinks. I was off a bit earlier this year for a DVT/PE. I worked from home for several weeks to continue my income, until I was cleared to come back and work in full. ( I was only paid part time though) It really is no surprise they decided to pay me nothing for the week and two days I took off. But I think someone should have said something BEFORE it happened. They knew for months (since August) I was doing this. I could have planned my finances around the time a bit better had I been forewarned. Instead I sort of assumed I would be paid since nothing was said. Guess I learned what happens when you assume!!! And to add insult to injury..I come back and there is a mound of work left on my desk to do. Very little was actually done during my time off. So I do not get paid because I wasn't here, yet I am expected to do the work anyway. Needless to say I am cranky. I am tired, my back and head hurt, and I have a real attitude about being here. Well here is my little secret. Once I lose the weight. Once I am more "marketable" because I am no longer obese, I will be seeking greener pastures. I will repay their years of concern for my well being (NONE!!) in kind. See ya suckers!!!!!!! Ok- sorry to vent/ rant. Needed to unload.

They certainly helped you realize that the real life is never the time you spend at work but with people who know your worth and believe and trust and love you..

i am so glad you had this surgery so that you move forward..

One thing I really hate is when people judge you not because of your intelligence but because of your size...That really sticks in my throat......

Vent when you need to we all do!!!!

Sending prayers your way. You are in a stinky situation but I hope that stinky smell turns into roses for you :)

Grrrr.....I share your disgust! You deserve better and have deserved better for a long time. These skin flints are about to get a rude awakening. Greed robs people of humanity....I hope you are still on the forum and share when you exit this sad bunch of Jacob Marleys!

post-20464-13838396898963_thumb.png

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, that just sucks! I hope you find an employer worthy of your skills and willing to sho their appreciation. Where are you from?? Unfortunately more and more companies are doing this. Lately it seems this type of behavior is encouraged by some.

I am just south of Dayton OH. I forgot to mention one little tid bit. Sunday is my daughter's 5th birthday. Timing is everything!!! LOL Oh well, I vent then move on. What else can I do? I prefer to laugh instead of cry....

I have a friend from cleveland. The job market is particularly tough. I wish you the best and you have already given your baby girl the best gift ever, a healthy mom!

Peace.