Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok seen my nut today. And i was told that i only have to do one week pre-op . Can't believe that Dec 11, my paper work will be submitted. Can't wait.

That’s awesome Congrats that’s RIGHT around the corner. I had a two week liquid diet. It’s going to be tough but you can do it. I think my biggest mistake was that I didn’t plan ahead too well and I was so bored and HUNGRY. Plan your meals…get Muscle Milk Light (they also make a product called EVOLVE its good I like the vanilla one), Low Sodium broth, Mio/Crystal Light liquid Enhancers so you won’t get bored with Water. If you get stuck and want to eat… remember you need to do this to make sure your liver is small enough for no complications during your surgery…this should scary you not to grab something you shouldn’t eat for that week. You have some time to plan ahead so look up some ideas and make a list so you are ready to tackle that week. Best of Luck J

Thank you. Nut told me to try out some different Protein shakes for breakfast now. Which proton shakes have you tried pre op? And did you like them after surgery?

Great question, Post-op I drank Muscle Milk and Evolve (made my muscle Milk) I'm 11 weeks post op and I am still drinking Evlove vanilla and my new favorite is Pure Protein Vanilla...they come in 4pks at Walmart and Target. I dont like making my own shakes from powder so I buy them. I like Prue Protein more than Evolve because it has Fiber and its pretty good in my opinion. I had a Premier Protein chocolate the other day and its not bad either (costco sell them in bulk). You should get some differnt brands and test the waters and see what you might like. I also made slushies w/ my magic bullet (filled w/ ice and two squirts of mio liquid and it was so good and sugar free)

Thank you so much for much for the feed back. I will get me some the weekend. One more question before surgery did the shakes keep you full? If so for how long?

Thank you so much for much for the feed back. I will get me some the weekend. One more question before surgery did the shakes keep you full? If so for how long?

no problem anytime :) pre-op it was tough and I was hungry but I kept my self busy... Try and keep yourself distracted and with eople that won't let you cheat.. The drinks would help for a couple of hours because you still have your regular stomach but just keep a shake handy so you won't get too hungry and grab the wrong thing.