Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 4 2014 @ MI Doctor TJ Dr Cabrera

Going end of January :)

I'm here at Mi Doctor right now. 2 hours Til surgery. Will be gone/ back to hotel by the time you get here. I will say...BRING EYE MASK . The blinds are too small for the window so it's very bright in the room! Wearing my sunglasses now. There is soap, Shampoo, washcloths, towels, nice size shower, private room/ bathroom. Everyone is very nice.

Thanks for all the info, I will cross towels and washcloths from my "To Bring" List.

I wish you fabulous success!! I won't see you though, I'm going in Feb!!

W

Italian Curves,

How are you feeling? How would you rate the hospital? Your Dr? etc.

W

The driver was great. The Marriott was great. My Dr. Valenzuela saw me for 60 seconds before surgery, preformed VSG, never saw her again. Mi Doctor Hospital was not the greatest. Three times my bag went empty at night long enough to drain blood up the tubing, nurses blew my vein (baseball size lump on my hand) night nurses spoke no English. I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel ! I'm still here at the Mariott. Sipping and walking...looking forward to leaving for California in the morning!

Yikes. I've been wondering if negative reviews get removed from the forum as it seems 99.9% are glowing. Will be interesting to see if yours remains.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to hear more from you.

W

What? Removed? That's not right

Yikes. I've been wondering if negative reviews get removed from the forum as it seems 99.9% are glowing. Will be interesting to see if yours remains. Thanks for the feedback. I hope to hear more from you. W

I am going for my surgery February 17th with dr Ariel Ortiz at the OCC. I'm in contact with several people in these message boards who used him and highly recommend him and his hospital. It's a center of excellence- my PCP was even impressed with him.

There are lots of good Dra. Cheap is not always best. My doctor is a bit higher in price but he does not do more then 2 a day and takes his time. Very mticulous

I had surgery on September 25th of this year and used Dr. Cabrera with no problems at all. This was a super easy surgery for ME. Personally, I didn't think Mi Doctor was bad at all. The night nurses did not speak English as well as the day nurses, but they did understand it. I think they like to pretend they don't, however. lol.

Freespirit, which surgeon are you going with? I will be going back at the beginning of January as a support person for my sister. I'm excited!

Edited by dkandsm

There are lots of good Dra. Cheap is not always best. My doctor is a bit higher in price but he does not do more then 2 a day and takes his time. Very mticulous

... and higher priced surgeons are not always best, either. ;)

True but you have to do your research on facility and not only doctors themselves. I had a real bad experience with my friend at dr in tj. We had to do emergency switch. We went to dr hurtado who is well known by California and local patients. My friend and 3 of her friends went to him. That's where I am going :)

Debbie,

Did your sister choose Dr Cabrera?

And are you still doing well?

I booked him Feb 4 and going alone.

Still looking for a TJ buddy!

W

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this.

Yes, my sister chose Dr. Cabrera and will be having surgery on January 8th. We are both so excited to be going back to TJ! I am still doing very well. I have had no issues and am losing well -- 57 lbs. so far! Yay!