Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out and cant get protein in

I cant seem to get my.protein in...and I highly doubt I eat or drink even 500 calories a day. Nothing but milk now seems to bother me but I need Protein ideas bc the shakes are hard.for me to get down. I eat and drink very slowly and after a few bites there comes the gurgles ...annoying

I'm so excited to get thru this week and then I get to start soft foods. I'm gonna make chicken salad and egg salad because they both have lots of Protein. I think that will be my best bet.

Done it...3 bites still isnt enough Protein

Have you tried the whey Protein shots? You of course can't shoot them but they have 42g of Protein in a 3.8oz shot. I have them in the pantry but haven't had to bust one open yet.

https://www.google.com/#q=whey+protein+shots&tbm=shop They sell them at Walmart individually..which is where I bought them so I can try them if needed.

I may try that...bleeeh on the Protein I never minded it before now is a diff story

Good luck Kels!! It gets better!

Isopure Protein, clear flavored liquid (40g of protein in 16oz), mix with 8oz juice of your choice (for carbs). GNC sells it.

Have it...hate it. Havent tried with juice tho... Wat kind ?

Do you like greek yogurt. 11 g per container. I split it up between Breakfast and then maybe nighttime snack.< /p>

How about Talapia fish? Refried Beans? eggs?

Yeah I eat all of those but I know its not.enough to get all my Protein in. I can only eat about a tablespoon iof fod right now

Beef jerky!!!

I am in the same boat as you. I am almost 4 weeks out. I am not able to eat enough of anything to get my Protein in. I make all the above mentioned choices but if you can only eat a few bites, it does no good. I was doing the Protein Drinks at first, but now, they make me so sick. I am at 30-40 grams of protein a day with food. I'm afraid of losing my hair. :(

I may try that...bleeeh on the Protein I never minded it before now is a diff story

Water is your first concern right now. I could not stomach the Protein, no matter what I bought or mixed it with. At four weeks I was approved for all foods. Went back to Protein Bars and they are my lifesavers. Was advised to stay away from the really nutty ones at first. The Premier Protein bars are my faves.

Yeah im tryin to get all my liquids in.... Some days I can some days I cant.

It took me a few MONTHS to get to the point where I could hit my Protein and hydration goals consistently.

Focus on hydration first, then Protein. At this point it's hard. I doubled my scoops of protein to be sure I was getting at least 40 grams per shake. I never mixed with milk, either - I developed lactose intolerance post op and while I can now have most things dairy, milk is still off the table. I like picking a protein that goes well when mixed with Water. Sounds crazy but it's thinner so I was able to drink more early out that way.

I still do a shake a day, mixed with coffee, tea or Water. I've changed favorites many times over the last few years but one constant is the Syntrax nectar - especially chocolate. It goes well with anything.

~Cheri

Oh - and if you're on soft foods a bodybuilder friend of mine taught me to make sludge early out. Use one Tbs of peanut, almond, soy, or sunbutter mixed with one scoop of protein (chocolate is best, but use what you like) and add in enough water to make sludge. I then toss in a tsp of mini chocolate chips to make it more palatable, no lie, but you can skip that part. Chill it and then eat it up. Weird, I know. But strangely satisfying and it packs a calorie and protein punch. It's good for those early days when it's hard to even hit 500 calories a day and even now I'll do it once in a while if I'm low on calories.