Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March '07 Bandsters Union

Cascadian,

That is two days before mine. I just started to get scared today.

good luck!

Havent been able to sleep much. I gave into a nap after work today. I figure if I am not able to sleep much at night I may as well sleep during the day anyway. My husband is on 8pm to 8am anyway so I got to sleep at the same time as him for at least 2 hours.

Cascadian, I'm with you on the liquid diet, the Protein shake in the morning really sustains me pretty well until I'm around food, then I just want to ravish it. I was coming through Wichita yesterday and stopped at a chinese restaraunt and got me a large egg drop Soup and large hot & sour Soup to go, I drank the egg drop soup on the road and last night I had the hot and sour soup, didn't figure the mushrooms and ginger in it could hurt me much.

I have lots of nausea and also the squirts. I don't know if I can make it until the 29th. I've got to go to my primary physician today and get some for a cough and sinus drainage to assure I will be well enough to have the

surgery. When I went for my pre-op yesterday the nurse that did it told me if you have much of a cough or congestion it may delay the surgery.

Good to hear others experincing same problems

Well my surgery was the first day of spring. I was supposed to come home Thursday but wasn't cleared to drink liquids until after noon. They finally brought me fluids around 1:30 which is when I found out I could only drink about 2-3 oz at a time, and then found out I couldn't leave until after I was able to keep down 32 oz of Water. I wasn't able to do that Thurs before 7PM so I stayed an extra night!

The pain has been a lot more intense than I originally expected. My port site was the most painful up until last night. As of last night the incisions all have toughened up and don't feel as tender, but I think I overdid it Sunday with taking a walk at Walmart :)

I'm having an intense pain on my right side about 3 inches from my belly button incision and about 5 inches down from my port site. I called the surgeon's office and spoke with the on-call doctor who believes it is perfectly normal to have the areas of pain change as I get more mobile and do more, so he wants me to go back to taking 2 percocet every 4-6 hours instead of 1 like I have been doing.

I also have found that there is NO WAY I can sleep in my bed. After 2 days of it, and having to get up every 3-4 hrs to urinate, I need to stay in my chair with the recliner which I find easier to deal with.

Well I think I've reached my breaking point with this stupid liquid diet. I just can't stand just having broth and Jello and clear stuff. I want something SUBSTANTIVE in my stomach. I'd kill for an egg - and I want to make scrambled eggs with skim milk so badly, but my husband is such a stickler for the 2 week diet. I'm sitting here crying because I can't eat what I really want. Doesn't help that I dreamed of eating a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds. And of eating home fries from my favorite diner. I would kill for some stir fried veggies right now - which is funny because I don't usually like veggies. I just want something DIFFERENT. If they want me tdrink milk then they are going to have to let me put some chocolate in it, because I can't stomach plain milk.

*sigh* Just feeling sorry for myself *lol*

I've been keeping to a 4-6 hr regime for the pain meds. The new pain I'm having is just intolerable though. Even with the pain meds I still feel it. However the doc on call said it is normal and to just increase the pain meds if I need to, but then I'm worried about running out of the pills *lol*

I can't believe it has been almost five days since I was banded. It feels like I haven't had surgery at all! A couple of my steri-strips have fallen off, and unless I bump something, I don't feel any pain at all, plus I've taken off some weight already. I even was able to get on my tennis shoes today. Did a LOT of walking, taking advantage of the warm weather. The gas passing a couple of times was a little embarrassing; good thing no one was around.:embarassed:

I'm doing full liquids already and they are talking on putting me on food already when I see the doctor next week. I think I am going to like this banding thing.:clap2:

i got my first fill today... i am only 2 weeks post op, but my surgeon told me i was doing exceptionally well.. so he gave me my first fill today when i saw him for post op visit...

Damn, it's tomorrow morning!!! YIKES. I've got some jitters... I don't like the idea of being repeatedly stabbed... ;D

Well, wish me luck kids, I'll see ya on the other side!

Hi everyone I'm RERE and I was banded 1/22/07 and I'm really getting discouraged because I have only lost 21 lbs. I went and got a fill on 2/09/07 1cc. And haven't lost anything!!!!! I walk 4-5 days a week and rececntly bought a bike and ride it 2-3 times a week. I can't eat much, and I mostly eat fish and shrimp and salmon. I'm going crazy!!!!!!! And I'm beginning to feel like my money that was paid for this operation was just in VEIN!!!!!!!! I didn't have insurance and I paid out of pocket and did not tell anyone what I did. Is this normall. I just thought by now I would have seen about 30lbs gone. I just feel hopeless like I waisted my money and I'm going to be FAT for the rest of my life. :)

Damn, it's tomorrow morning!!! YIKES. I've got some jitters... I don't like the idea of being repeatedly stabbed... ;D

Well, wish me luck kids, I'll see ya on the other side!

Good luck hun! 2 days for me

I'm home! Alive and well..

Pain was an issue, surprisingly. I had trouble getting meds that worked. Other than that, I'm doing okay!

Definately feel a "pressure" around my stomach area, it's wierd.

Yep, I'm home & well too after my op on the 28th. Had a couple of bads bouts of nausea in the hospital after a particular painkiller & the antibiotic were administered, otherwise, all was very good. Pain is certainly nothing like the 2 c/sections & hysterecomy I have endured in the past, and I had lovely nurses.

Got liquids for about 2 weeks now. Protein drinks, cup a Soups etc. Amazingly - at this stage - I am not hungry woohoo!!

Anyone else leave hospital heavier than when they went in? I'm still a good kilo & a half heavier than Wed morning - figure it must be all the gas + Fluid.

Hope everyone is recovering well,

Cheers,

Cate

I have had the Fluid gain as well. I was about 8lbs heavier from the IV. I'm now down to just about my pre surgery weight now. Well actually down lower!

I didn't see a thread for us out there, so I thought I'd start it up.

I'm getting it done so late this month, I'll ALMOST be an April Bandster.. but not quite.

Who else has had surgery this month??? How's it going? How do you feel?

Anybody waiting in the wings like I am?

Hi, I had my surgery on March 20th and feel great...I was surprised that I'm doing so good. I did have some pretty nasty gas pains in the middle of my chest but the pain meds really helped and now they're finally gone. I'm glad I'm past the 1st week - I don't want to look at Jello, broth or crystalite for a while. I'm now on blended Soups, cottage cheese, oatmeal, puddings, baby Cereal & vegies and yogurt, can't wait for next week - mushies stage. I went for my follow-up on Monday and after a week I lost 5lbs. I go for my 1st fill the end of April, looking forward to that. I would say my only problem I'm facing now is getting enough Water in and I still have loose stools and that's driving me crazy!!!!!

Reesh .....WE CAN DO IT!!!:welldoneclap: