Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

has anyone been sleeved that had 50-60 pounds to lose?

I need to lose 50-60 pounds, and im winding for the people that were in the same boat, how fast did your weight come off?

mostly everyone here has 50 or more pounds to loose anyone who doesnt probably wont need surgery. Also everyones body is different and assumes the surgery their own way but i have lost 36 pounds in a month and a half no complaints what so ever.

I need to lose 50-60 pounds, and im winding for the people that were in the same boat, how fast did your weight come off?

Cupcake, when you have a low BMI it doesn't come off as fast as those with high BMI's. I had 85 lbs. to lose and only drop 2-ish lbs. a week. With 50 lbs. to lose it will still likely take 5 months. We "lightweights" don't drop 20 lbs. a month like the others. Personally, I don't know that I would have done this surgery for 50 lbs unless I was diabetic.

Hopefully by my surgery time I'll be in the 190's...so I'll will be in that catagory..closer to 70's tho...from the posts I am reading, it seems like the less you have to lose, the longer it takes and I'm 57 so it might even take longer for me!

Im not sure why people say you dont need it for 50 or 60 pounds... I have done everything BUT surgery to lose weight... weight watchers, Jenny Craig, nutri system, personal trainer, visalus shakes. I am only 5'5 and have no co-morbites, but every woman in my family is obese to morbidly obese, and for me this is more of a preventative measure. I have no problem eating healthy, but my genetics really suck, and I'm not going to risk going down the road of all the other women in my family. Its not pretty!

I am a lapband to sleeve revision. When I got the band back in 2010 my highest weight was 218 at 5'2. I had complications and was sleeved 5 months ago at 185 today I weigh 147. I was in a wreck 2 months ago haven't been able to exercise since so I would say I'm doing pretty good with losing 38 lbs. my goal weight is 125-135 so I only have 12 more pounds to go to be at the top of my goal weight range. To be honest I was given the why are you getting the surgery you don't have that much to lose bit but I also have bad genes and this was a preventative measure. I would like to think that I will be able to lose this last bit in the next 2-3 months so a total of 7-9 months for me. Good luck!

I was told to expect to lose about 90% of the weight in the first 6 months.

Im not sure why people say you dont need it for 50 or 60 pounds... I have done everything BUT surgery to lose weight... weight watchers, Jenny Craig, nutri system, personal trainer, visalus shakes. I am only 5'5 and have no co-morbites, but every woman in my family is obese to morbidly obese, and for me this is more of a preventative measure. I have no problem eating healthy, but my genetics really suck, and I'm not going to risk going down the road of all the other women in my family. Its not pretty!

For me, the pain and discomfort, complete change of lifestyle, risk of complications (which are very real if you read the posts here of sleeves gone bad) are not worth it for 50 lbs. Everyone is different. You may have to go to Mexico as many US doctors (the better ones) will not operate on BMI's below 35, and even BMI's 35-40 must have co-morbidities. Good luck to you however you choose.

Im not sure why people say you dont need it for 50 or 60 pounds... I have done everything BUT surgery to lose weight... weight watchers' date=' Jenny Craig, nutri system, personal trainer, visalus shakes. I am only 5'5 and have no co-morbites, but every woman in my family is obese to morbidly obese, and for me this is more of a preventative measure. I have no problem eating healthy, but my genetics really suck, and I'm not going to risk going down the road of all the other women in my family. Its not pretty![/quote']

I have a low BMI with 60-70 pounds to lose-BMI 35. I decided I wanted to take a proactive approach by getting sleeved. I'm not judging you or anyone here because I walk next to you all fighting obesity-weight gain after weight gain.

I was sleeved 10/10- awesome experience and I have lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks which is a blessing. Before going to Mexico I did consult US surgeons- they have no problem taking self pays with low BMIs period here but the cost is more than what I could afford. Good luck on your journey. I know you will do well!!

When I went for my 30 day post op appointment, I was down 25 lbs (43 if you count 18 pre-op). My doctor expected me to lose 60-70% of my excess body fat in a year. But I reached that by my 9 month post op appointment. I was told during that appointment that I'd start to plateau around 11 months & they were right. To date I lost 70 lbs & not expected to lose much more. If I don't lose another pound I am perfectly fine as I am. I'll just work to maintain at this point.

Good luck.

I am 5'6" and started at 208lbs. My bmi was 33or34. I am down 75lbs. I only wanted to loose 60lbs. Don't worry, it comes off about 2 lbs per week. The faster you loose then you get loose skin. I have some loose skin even loosing slowly and with a low bmi. I still had vsg even with a low bmi because I was so tired of the yoyo diet and the struggle. I was a size 18, now I'm a size 6. I'm happy. I don't want to be any smaller. Actually, I'd like to be a size 10 so I'm trying to gain 10-15lbs. Don't worry, the weight will come off by the time you know it. I can't believe I'm already over 10months po.

Thank you so much everyones infornation amd positive comments.it makes me feel better

I had 86lbs to lose to have normal BMI and it took me exactly 4 months.

I have 60 lbs to lose. I was sleeved 12 days ago and am super excited about my journey. This was last resort for me. I am a very slow loser and get discouraged and give up after a month. Guess what -- there's no quit with the sleeve! It's so wonderful not to be hungry or tortured by food cravings. It's very frustrating for people to sit in judgment of me because I don't have 100 lbs to lose. I don't want to get to that point. Good luck to you.

Well, here's my 2 cents worth...

I am not in that category, BUT.... I had this surgery because of the yo-yo'ing that I've been doing for years. I can do the due diligence and lose the weight, but as soon as the "diet" is over, re-gain seems to take control. I wanted a tool to help me remain steadfast in the amounts I consume forever! I would have done this if I only had 40 to lose. That's a fact you can take to the bank. For me.... this has been a miracle. I have felt fabulous from literally 6-7 hours into day one. Only the anesthesia gave me trouble because I was so far under I think. My surgeon was the best in the business IMHO. There has been true follow up from the start. The coordinator is wonderful and a patient herself so she knows what to tell you to expect. I was blessed to be able to afford to do this as a self pay, but I am trying to figure out a way to pay it forward (or backwards) lobbying to force insurance in the US to cover it due to the health benefits. My blood pressure is normal....blood sugar normal....my health gets better and better every day! I know there are complications as there are with any surgery...but the pros outweigh the cons on this one. I highly recommend the sleeve. I think in the very near future, it will be the gold standard in weight loss surgery.