Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgeon doesn't allow pre-made shakes, only the powders & that has to be 30 grams of Protein in 2 scoops or less. As I've said many times, I used the Body Fortress chocolate Peanut Butter pre-op but they did make a change to it, going from 27 grams Protein to 30 grams in a scoop & the flavor changed. Post-op I got to the point where any flavored protein did not sit well at all.

I ended up getting Now Sports unflavored whey isolate & it is working very well for me. I can add it to all kinds of things or make it with Water & add Torani, DaVinci or Walden Farms sugar-free syrups.< /p>

I'm just getting sick of all these sweet drinks. I've started mixing unflavored NOW whey Protein powder in Powerade Zero just to change up the tastes. But even that is getting old since the whey Protein powders mix to an almost creamy consistency. I haven't tried mixing it with boths, but that's my next move.

If only they come up with a bacon flavored Protein Drink. :rolleyes:

I'm just getting sick of all these sweet drinks. I've started mixing unflavored NOW whey Protein powder in Powerade Zero just to change up the tastes. But even that is getting old since the whey Protein powders mix to an almost creamy consistency. I haven't tried mixing it with boths' date=' but that's my next move. If only they come up with a bacon flavored Protein Drink. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Ha! Torani sells bacon flavored Syrup. I made a trip to cost plus world market yesterday to restock on sf syrups...if they'd had the sf bacon, I probably would've gotten it just to have something besides vanilla or chocolate.

I really like unflavored Protein Powder in chicken broth...but keep that to once a day or else I bloat right up.

Also, odd question....if I have regular chicken broth now, the smell makes me want to hurl. The unjury chicken Soup does not do it tho. Anyone else have this issue?

Today is day 12 for me, 3 more to go, then a clear day.

Stupid question.....Do you put the Protein Powder in warm broth or cold broth? I've read where it doesn't mix well over a certain temperature.

Ive tried the Unjury unflavored Protein powder but since surgery my taste buds and since of smell is so hightened that i can honestly still taste it lol. and it kinda grosses me out that it turns like broth creamy lmao. maybe i'm doing it wrong lol idk

I really like Syntrax Nectar powder. It's a very high quality Protein & it mixes very smooth. I have 1 scoop of either the chocolate truffle or the vanilla tort every morning in my shake. I also don't like too much of a sweet flavor, so I mix it in my Blender Bottle with plain nonfat Greek yogurt, skim milk, & about 1 Tbsp of instant espresso powder dissolved in a little warm Water. The yogurt & the espresso cut the sweet just enough for me.

Ok, so I just mixed up some unflavored NOW Protein powder with some Swanson "Mexican Tortilla" flavor infused broth. It's actually not bad. Maybe tomorrow I'll try it out on one of their other flavored broths. Just in case some of you are wondering what I'm talking about, Swanson has some new broths that they are calling "Flavor Infused".

Mexican Tortilla

Chinese Hot & Sour

Thai Ginger

http://www.swansonbroth.com/ourproducts.aspx#infusedbroth

I am drinking the Premier Protein premade from costco. 11oz, 30 g Protein and 160 cal, comes in choc and vanilla and also powder form. This has been the only one I can tolerate post op. Pre op I thought I would go with Syntrax and unjury- tried both before surgery and loved them. Post op- hated them.

Stupid question.....Do you put the Protein powder in warm broth or cold broth? I've read where it doesn't mix well over a certain temperature.

I put it in warm broth. I usually let the broth cool down, mix in the powder, let it settle a min or two, stir again. I keep stirring and settling it until it's all mixed in.

I need to find those flavor infused broths! Haven't seen them yet!

Thank goodness my Nut doesn't want me drinking Protein Drinks. I have the added issue of not being able to handle any "fake" sweeteners except for Stevia. I've only found one that I can use, and it's expensive. The Jay Robb vanilla egg white and plain egg white.

I like the unjury Protein powders. They come in chocolate, strawberry Sorbet, Vanilla and unflavored. Mix with milk, or add PB2 powder and ice and it is a terrific shake. I have been drinking a Protein Shake after exercising in the morning and usually feel great for a couple hours.

For pre bottled, I have used Atkins (15 grams of protein) or the Premier Protein shakes (30grams) in chocolate and Vanilla. The Atkins shakes are actually recommended as part of the 3 week post surgery liquid diet by the hospital program I am in