Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

23 years young...October 17th!

I'm Molly and I am 23 years old. I am scheduled for surgery this Thursday, October 17th, after 6 months of prep! You could say I gained the freshman 15 every year since I graduated high school and I just can't get it off. I worked 60 hours a week while going to college for 4 years, which left little time to take care of myself. I currently have a BMI of 40.1 and weight 246 (I've lost almost 10 pounds since starting my LSD). My goal is to lose 100 pounds. Very nervous and excited for Thursday!!!!

Hey Molly! I'm a 23 year old October sleever too- 10/24! My liquid diet started today and I am already craving bread, but still motivated. How's it going? Are you ready for the big day?

I think I am!! I have everything planned as far as when I come home! I've been on a liquid diet since last Thursday. The first three days are terrible, but by yesterday I was over it and it's not so bad anymore... I'm really hoping I can move to puréed food sooner rather than later! I was really nervous over the weekend, but today I've been pretty calm...I think that means I'm ready!!!

Good to hear! You'll have to keep us updated on your progress. Did you order/go out and buy some Isopure/unjury or some type of Protein Powder for post surgery yet or are you going to wait?

Hey Molly! First off, congratulations on taking a stand for yourself and doing something about not being happy with your weight. We are in VERY similar situations! I started off at 240 and I want to lose 100lbs as well! 25lbs gone already! I guess I can say I've achieved 1/4 of my goal already. I hope your surgery goes well and that you start losing those pounds :-)

I have Isopure for after surgery, and I'm so glad cause I am sick to death of protien shakes. I have unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury for the puréed stage, cause I'm not sure how I feel about puréed meat, so I can add it to puréed veggies.

Hi! I'm a 23 year old sleever too! I just had surgery on Oct. 15! It's been a lot different than what I expected. Everyone told me that it would be a breeze, but my first 2 days out of surgery I had a lot of trouble getting my liquids in. I can't do chicken broth (throw up almost instantly). My favorite thing is sugar free Popsicles and the Crystal Light packets with Water. I've been walking - a lot, and that's helped a ton with the gassy feeling. One of the hardest things for me has been controlling my drinks. I've always been a "gulper" and now I need to be a "sipper". When I take too big of a drink, I can feel it going down, and it almost feels like it gets stuck in my chest. I'm not sure if that's normal? I'm also a little sore, which is to be expected with any surgery.

Best of luck to you with your surgery and success!

I'm still in the hospital... Going on day 2. Other than gas pains, I'm doing really well. Walking a lot to get the gas out. I hard crazy high blood pressure last night due to pain, they may keep me another day, which I'm fine with. Finally sleeping good. The only thing I'm having a problem keeping down is my liquid pain Meds... I get really bad nausea and dry heaves... No throwing up though!

Hi Molly! Hope you're feeling better :) I'm 24 (Starting weight 114kg/251lbs) and I had my sleeve done on oct 9, it's been a little over a week now and I'm pretty much recovered. I now weigh around 105kg/231lbs. I'm just worried about scarring! Instead of sutures, my surgeon put derma-glue on it and it's healing well.

The first day was hell with lots of gas and plenty of black out moments.. A nightmare. But it got progressively better as the hours went by and I was discharged on the 2nd day. I've been able to drink over 2 litres a day and get my Protein in and I can't wait till I can eat puréed stuff!

I can already feel some of my clothes hanging a bit loose :) I started walking 2 hours a day, 1 hour at a time after the first week. Exercise has become easier cos there's less of me to lug around and do stuff. That part I definitely love. Time to build a new body and start living!

My surgeon told me the highest weight loss would be within the first 3 months post surgery, so we need to work our butts off during this period to lose as much weight as possible before it slows, and I intend to do just that!

I am now home!! I know it seems crazy, but just being home seems to have helped... I was switched from liquid pain Meds to pills, which has been super helpful. I keep having to cough, which hurts like crazy, but

Other than that I'm ok.