Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So confused with what my weight is...

So on June 18th I weighed 565 :o( On August 29th at Doctors office I weighed 535, at Nuts office weighed 550 then two weeks later at Nuts office weighed 548, then Monday October 7th at Nuts office weighed 525.4 now today at doctors office I weighed 474... will my true weight please come forward....:o)

Can someone help please? I can answer posts...But I can not figure out how to post a new one. Not great with Puters so please walk me through step by step :blink:

Oh my lol i understand your plight unfortunately. I bought a scale at cvs (for $10) and every time I weigh it's a different amount. This morning just to make sure I wasn't losing it and stepped on and off of it 3 times and got 3 different numbers.... From 266 to 274

WOW! That is a difference!!!

Is there a difference in the types of scales that the doctor and the nutritionist are using?

That's INSANE!

The scales look totally different and the Nut always has to weigh me twice she says it's finicky. The doctor's nurse says that they calibrate there's regularly. it's just easier to believe the bigger # and harder to believe that I have lost that much since June.

I work at a hospital and I think they are the most accurate, but they are still 4 lbs lighter than my pcp's ----so when I weigh at work I add 4 lbs to keep myself where my Dr has me.

When did you have surgery? At your weight it's not uncommon to lose up to 20 lbs in even a week's time.

Can someone help please? I can answer posts...But I can not figure out how to post a new one. Not great with Puters so please walk me through step by step :blink:

Go to forums, choose one that relates to your topic (example: Pre-Op) once you see the list of recent topics and at the top left corner it will say start a new topic an you can start one there :)

Hope that helped, good luck.

that's the thing I'm still pre op

Cpeycke, Thanks so much! :)

Sounds like a calibration issue with the scales.< /p>

I officially track my weight by one scale - the one I have at home. It's a fairly expensive one (it doesn't do the fat % though). I only weigh in the morning and I'm nekkid. :mellow: This way I have a baseline of actual pounds up and down.

I know when I go to my GP's office, I'm going to weigh about 5 pounds more than home. (And the nurse doesn't take a lot of care with the whole balance thing when she's nudging that stupid little thing over to the right, over to the right a little more, maybe a smidge more - OK, can you please just do another of the bigger notch thingy - let's go another 25 pounds. We're not fooling anyone here."

Some weigh you with shoes on and purse in hand. It's a crap shoot really. I wonder why they bother weighing you at all.

OK - I went off a little there. But you get my point. My suggestion is to find a scale that you can regularly weigh on and gauge your progress from there.

Wow - okay, that is crazy.

I would go to the store (wal mart, target, etc) and try some of their scales and see what they say ... One of those offices is OFF!!

Don't compare weights from one scale to another. Even the same brand of scale can vary.

As McButterpants does, I weigh myself in the morning, after I've used the toilet &, of course, naked. That is going to be the most consistent conditions to track changes. My scale is also fairly expensive & can track fat mass but I don't use that feature. I'm consistently 2 pounds more at my surgeon's office & 3 pounds more at my PCP's office. But those are always with clothes that can vary a lot & at different times of the day, usually after Breakfast.< /p>

Oh my lol i understand your plight unfortunately. I bought a scale at cvs (for $10) and every time I weigh it's a different amount. This morning just to make sure I wasn't losing it and stepped on and off of it 3 times and got 3 different numbers.... From 266 to 274

Make sure it is sitting on a flat area. Touch each corner of it and if it moves up and down even a tiny amount this will give you different numbers. It is very frustrating but once you find a level spot leave the scale there and only weigh yourself right there. :)