Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

its official - Deez you are inspiring with your positive nature and you give the best prayers and pep talks around!

For any stomach sleepers out there, I would suggest getting a body pillow for post-op sleeping. I'm having a hard time sleeping on my back all the time, so I found that if I put a pillow under my right side of my stomach and between my legs I can sometimes sleep on my right side. Forget about the left side, that won't happen for awhile.

I'm home!! And I feel 100x better!!!

Please please please everyone -- sip sip sip sip sip all day!!! Getting dehydrated is no joke and pretty easy to do even for a plain Water lover like me. I guess in the past few days I've tried to focus on Protein for more energy then would still get tired still and end up falling asleep super early without completing my daily water intake. I really hope this is an isolated incident for me and none of you post ops will have to endure.

So glad my pancreas wasn't the underlying issue as my ER doc suspected -- I really got worried there.

Peace & blessings to everyone!! Good luck Christmas eve sleevers!! Sweet dreams (:

I've been feeling very cold lately and a little hot once in a while -- I also had my first experience with some mild stomach area cramping which I attribute to the fact that I drank my Protein Shake too close to bed time

It's hard to get down 2 Protein Shakes a day for me even tho I have no real issues swallowing... I will head out soon to pick up some Isopure clear and hope that helps me get in my recommended 40+ oz of Protein at this stage

I hear apple melon and grape flavored are pretty good

I have tried the green tea, banana something, and orange... have done well so far.

Edited by barefeet

Congrats Sandi on getting out tonight (although, I agree, staying in the hospital sounds good to me!)

I recommend DeezJeanz be rewarded the most amazing pep talker award! Always with the positive, awesome responses!

Awww, that is the sweetest most kindest words Ive ever heard. Ty so much:). And I am more than honored to b able to do it. I want my fellow sleevers to not only succeed at this journey but also life's journey after this part is over. We have a common factor and I do know that when its my turn at this, I too will have healthy wonderful cheerleaders praying and cheering me on as well!! Ty again and HAPPY healing and Holidays. We can do this yall:))

Thought I'd share what I saw on Dr. Oz today. He recommended the Fage plain Greek yogurt and said it had 20g of Protein. Anyone who's having trouble with the Protein Shakes, this sounds like an awesome replacement. I haven't tried it myself but will definitely stock up on my next shopping trip!

--

I saw the same episode while in the ER yesterday and have read so much about the protein benefits of greek yogurt unfortunately many of them taste so sour to me ...someone recommended trader joes version which I will try as soon as I'm cleared for it... Also liked dr oz's section about adding flax oil to nut butter for added health benefits. I'm a big fan of golden ground flax meal added to just about anything (ie: hot & cold Cereal, yogurt, homemade pancakes, salads, smoothies, muffins, etc)

Happy eating everyone!!!

Deez has my vote as well!! Happy healing:)

So does anyone have any special plans for when they reach their goal?

Six days post-op and first time I slept through the night. Did not wake for pain or peeing. Yeah. Feeling more like myself today. Merry Christmas everyone. God Bless each of you.

Happy Christmas Eve!

Surgery yesterday morning and I am doing pretty well. I was up walking by 1:30 in the afternoon and am trying to do this every time I get up to pee, which is about every 2hours.

My incisions are sore but not unmanageable. They started giving me ice chips right away which really helped with the sore throat from air tube . I have some mild nausea and they are giving me a little bit of medication for tat now.

I have to drinks 60 ml Water every hour until noon. If tolerated, I ca go to Clear Liquids this afternoon.

I do have a drain---doesn't hurt but is a liile uncomfortable. I am expecting to be released tomorrow morning. All in all, it's been uneventful which is good. I will keep you all abreast of that transpires.

Again, so many thanks to all who shared their experiences. It's helped a lot!

Oh goodness, my bad Bearman! I looked bck and saw that we have a sleever on today, wow! So sry but know that u were being prayed for and still is. I pray that thus far, ur surgery went well as well as u being on the best road to recovery. Take it easy n know that just bc I assumed there wouldn't be any eve sleevers, God knew and He is/was/and will b right there w u and ur family! Happy healing n Holiday and let us know how good Santa was to u whenever u can:). God Bless u:)

Edited by DeezJeanz

Happy Christmas Eve!

Surgery yesterday morning and I am doing pretty well. I was up walking by 1:30 in the afternoon and am trying to do this every time I get up to pee, which is about every 2hours.

My incisions are sore but not unmanageable. They started giving me ice chips right away which really helped with the sore throat from air tube . I have some mild nausea and they are giving me a little bit of medication for tat now.

I have to drinks 60 ml Water every hour until noon. If tolerated, I ca go to clear liquids this afternoon.

I do have a drain---doesn't hurt but is a liile uncomfortable. I am expecting to be released tomorrow morning. All in all, it's been uneventful which is good. I will keep you all abreast of that transpires.

Again, so many thanks to all who shared their experiences. It's helped a lot!

Tarheel 79:

So happy to hear from you and that you are doing well - uneventful is good! Two things I would recommend from my experience is 1) don't let them give you a flu shot before you leave (they did this to me and I think it made me weaker) 2) Ask to try out the liquid pain reliever that you will go home with for at least a few hours before you are discharged. They gave me a strong pain reliever orally right before I left, and either that pain reliever or the flu shot, or both are what I think caused me all the nausea.

If you can try the oral pain reliever a few hours before you leave, you will know how well your new tummy can handle it before you get home!

I spoke to the nutritionist at my Dr.'s office on Monday and he said that the 64 oz. of liquids and 60+ grams of Protein are just a target, he said in the beginning to just do as well as you can and don't sweat it. This has helped with my mental attitude over the last couple of days.

Merry Christmas to my fellow NC gal!