Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello

I am 31 weeks and have gained about 22 pounds. Today at the doctors, I asked how I am doing with my weight gain. The doctor (first time I am seeing this one from the medical group) said that she would tell someone with my starting weight of 240 to have gained 0 pounds throughout the entire pregnancy. I was shocked. All of the other doctors that I have seen so far, including one who has the verticals sleeve gastrecromy herself, never said that. The doctor then proceeded to give me advice on what to eat. Stay away from all dairy- milk, cheese. Stay away from all oil. Only get Protein through fish. I said I don't eat fish. Then she said I don't need to eat meat to get Protein, and to stick to Beans and tofu.

I get maybe I've gained more than I should, and I atill have 9 weeks to go, but is she accurate? Should I have gained nothing? Why would this doctor tell me something completely different?

I have gotten very relaxed with what I've been eating... Falling back into my old patterns pre surgery so I have to fix that, but I still don't eat huge amounts... Although with my pregnancy my appetite has increased

Suggestions?

Talk to a doctor who's had the sleeve.... It sounds like this one didn't listen to you at all.

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and haven't gained anything and I'm having twins. I eat more every few hours cause then I get a little nauseous. Other than that my babies look good. I have a doc appt tomorrow and once every week from now on.

Everyone is different and certain bodies react to pregnancy differently. My first pregnancy I lost 3 lbs and my second I gained 7. It really just depends on your body. It sounds like you know you've been lax and that's something you can work on later. Enjoy the pregnancy, focus on Protein and everything will work out. More often then not, you'll leave the hospital less than your pre pregnancy weight.

Everyone is different and certain bodies react to pregnancy differently. My first pregnancy I lost 3 lbs and my second I gained 7. It really just depends on your body. It sounds like you know you've been lax and that's something you can work on later. Enjoy the pregnancy' date=' focus on Protein and everything will work out. More often then not, you'll leave the hospital less than your pre pregnancy weight.[/quote']

Were both of your pregnancies after the vsg?

My dr told me at first appt I was allowed a 25lb gain for entire pregnancy. I have lost 27lbs and am almost 34 wks. He is experienced with weight loss surgery patients and diabetic patients. Idk why she would say no weight gain at all. Even my ob dr from my son 11yrs ago told me 20-30lbs was normal. With him I gained 57lbs and he never got mad about it even when I asked what to do to lose some he said worry about it after the baby is born. Idk every dr is different but I don't agree with no weight gain.

I'm 20 weeks and gained about 10 don't listen to her. My doc seems to have no qualms with me gaining weight. Generally speaking you would naturally gain between 20 to 25 lbs anyway. I would take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my EVO using VST