Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my life is miserable since the sleeve

Ive been admitted to the hospital for dehydration the check my sleeve didnt find anything wrong with it now I dont know w hat to do

How are you today? Any news? Did you speak to your surgeon?

I hope you're feeling better! I feel your pain. I had a leak and infection 2 weeks after surgery. Be sure they checked you for those too. My surgery was July 29th and I'm doing much better now!

I am 6 weeks out with no problems at all. I feel very lucky. My wife got her sleeve about 15 months ago. Her first year was a nightmare.. stricture, gall stones... allergic to whey Protein, could not eat animal protein. She ended up having to go vegan for almost the whole first year. Now, her stomach is completely healed. she can eat almost anything and could not be happier. There is a light at the end of the tunnel..sometimes you just need to crawl through a world of crap to get there. Hang in there!

Ive been admitted to the hospital for dehydration the check my sleeve didnt find anything wrong with it now I dont know w hat to do

Luckyqueenbee, even though this is not an advice site, more of a support site, never sit at home and wonder what you should be doing or if something is 'ok' or normal. Call you Dr because that's what they got paid for- to be there for you, handle your concerns and to answer any major questions you have. They should have expressed that repeatedly before you left their service which I hope they did. Even if you feel like you are bugging them it doesn't matter. It's better for you to call them a million times for something minor than to sit a home even half a day with something major going on. No one on here can diagnose or figure out what's up with you especially not knowing your health history. No 2 patients are the same.

I hope you feel better.

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

Ease update when you can! We are worried about you out here in the VST community!

Well here is an update I have been admitted four days now done an xray with barium showed the barium went down okay, had a ct came back normal, and did another endoscopy which came back okay last thing I did was a abdominal sonogram which shows my gallbladder full of sludge and gallstones so im doing another surgery take out the gallbladder and to physically look at the scar tissue on the sleeve. I heard that loosing to much weight can cause the gallbladder to get stones I dont know if thats true

Yes, I've heard that too. Good luck with the surgery. Keep us posted! I had my gallbladder removed years ago. Stones run in my family. It's a piece of cake surgery compared to the sleeve!

Yes it can. My doc puts people on gallbladder meds after surgery just to prevent it because it's so common. Mine was taken out with my sleeve because it was really making me sick. I feel so much better now!

Edited by Fixerupper

Glad that at least they found an issue and can deal with. If it's gall stones, my good friend had them and they caused a blockage that made her very sick! Glad that you chose to go to the hospital & best of luck to you!

Thanks everybody for your support ill keep you posted how things go

Yes it can. My doc puts people on gallbladder meds after surgery just to prevent it because it's so common. Mine was taken out with my sleeve because it was really making me sick. I feel so much better now!

I hope I feel better to

I was 5 months post op when I had my gallbladder out because of gallstones . Hope you see an improvement soon

praying for you hun

Im still here in the hospital one week and no one can figure out why i have nauseacand spitting up no they want to put be on a picc tube and send me home

What all have they ruled out?

Sorry you're going though all this :(