Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 3 Liquids...may eat my arm

Oh my goodness... I am on day 3 and feel like I could eat my own arm off. I know I will get through this, but I want to eat so bad right now. I don't know how I am going to do this for 3-6 weeks.

Hang in there! Today will probably be the worst day. Once you get through today and tomorrow, it will be much, much easier.

The worst is almost over!

Good luck!

I've found that for me, using the unjury or other higher grade Protein powder stuff keeps me full longer than just about all of the store stuff.

Experiment with different Protein powders and see what works better than other things.

Hang in there! Today will probably be the worst day. Once you get through today and tomorrow' date=' it will be much, much easier.

The worst is almost over!

Good luck![/quote']

Thanks so much! I really hope you are right.

I've found that for me' date=' using the unjury or other higher grade Protein powder stuff keeps me full longer than just about all of the store stuff. Experiment with different Protein powders and see what works better than other things. [/quote']

I am on my first day and whey powder protein almost made me sick. I am going to attack to get ensure or something else.

Oh my goodness... I am on day 3 and feel like I could eat my own arm off. I know I will get through this, but I want to eat so bad right now. I don't know how I am going to do this for 3-6 weeks.

Sorry, I had to laugh out loud at that comment. I am on Protein shakes 2x's a day (breakfast and lunch) and I am going insane. I have to give you your "props". I have been walking past all this junk sitting here in the office and wanting to fling it at someone's FACE :angry::o !! You can do it!!!

Day 3 was definitely the worst. I was only allowed Clear Liquids plus 4-5 Protein Shakes a day. I usually did 4 shakes, but day 3 was one when I had the fifth shake. It does get better. Just keep drinking fluids. I found warm fluids, especially broth, were better at "filling" me.

It sucks.

That is all.

Hang in there- in the future it'll only suck worse.

I'm day 4 post-op & have to have someone else mix mine bc I can't do the stairs & its awful. I'm forcing myself to drink them bc I know I need but I'm watering them down to get have less texture but then longer to drink. Ugh.

Can't wait for pureed. Hummus is awaiting me.

allons-y

Can we have hot tea?

Decaf shouldn't be an issue. I'm having some right now. If it's got caffeine in it, check with your program. Some don't want u to have the caffeine.

I'm on day six now... Just made indian food for my family with homemade paratha. Like torture but I am dutifully drinking my Protein shake! On the upside, I found PB2- added a tsp to my shake and that helps a lot. Also bought some sf popsicles... Never thought I'd look forward to eating one! Yes it completely sucks but we've got this!!!!

I added some sugar free peppermint Torani to my vanilla Protein shake...little slice of heaven there.

I've got it here now with Decaf tea. Family is eating hot dogs, apple slices and celery. The celery looked devine!

Just finished day one of two-week pre op diet. My doctor has a light diet - lean Protein and veggies mostly. Not sure why it has no fruit. Surprised I miss it after only a day...

I'm on day six now... Just made indian food for my family with homemade paratha. Like torture but I am dutifully drinking my Protein shake! On the upside' date=' I found PB2- added a tsp to my shake and that helps a lot. Also bought some sf popsicles... Never thought I'd look forward to eating one! Yes it completely sucks but we've got this!!!![/quote']

What is PB2?

I added some sugar free peppermint Torani to my vanilla Protein shake...little slice of heaven there.

I've got it here now with Decaf tea. Family is eating hot dogs' date=' apple slices and celery. The celery looked devine![/quote']

I might have to try that. Where did you get it?