Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please read this and help me. I need to know i'm not alone.

You are 9 months out and can eat 4 slices of pizza? I'm 13 months out and can't eat one slice! Something is not right. If before surgery they had told me that at nine months I would be able to eat all that I would never have had surgery! I know my sleeve is a tool but mine is a tool that physically won't let me eat that much! Have you always been able to eat that much since surgery or have you been from the beginning over eating and have stretched it out? Good luck and I hope you get better!

I said the same thing it's impossible that I can eat all that. I started it at 5 months that I can eat alot. Idk if I stretched it. I actually next month going to my dr to check why going on and do X-ray or something because this is not normal.

I'm certain many of us have felt what you are feeling to one extent or another. No two people are overweight for the same reason. Habits, genetics, lifestyle, choices, hormones, emotions and other factors all contribute. Before surgery I was blessed to work with two nutritionists for almost two years on my issues. During that time I lost 50 lbs, and gained back that 50 plus another 40lbs. But, before surgery (9/16) I saw HUGE changes in my attitude, emotions and my life. I wasn't hopeless. And I remind myself daily that this surgery won't "fix" it all either. This is a chronic, lifelong disease that many of us are dealing with. It will take years to figure it out.

Don't beat yourself up for your feelings and actions. Instead, use that energy fighting out a way that will help you move forward. As others have already suggested, therapists, nutritionists, pastors, friends, family---whomever. But no one can or will do it for you. You might have to be vulnerable or uncomfortable to work through this.

This was all said with sincere compassion, in no way was it meant to be harsh it negative. Know this community supports you. You will be in my prayers!

How about videogames! :D Good ol' distraction!

I'm certain many of us have felt what you are feeling to one extent or another. No two people are overweight for the same reason. Habits' date=' genetics, lifestyle, choices, hormones, emotions and other factors all contribute. Before surgery I was blessed to work with two nutritionists for almost two years on my issues. During that time I lost 50 lbs, and gained back that 50 plus another 40lbs. But, before surgery (9/16) I saw HUGE changes in my attitude, emotions and my life. I wasn't hopeless. And I remind myself daily that this surgery won't "fix" it all either. This is a chronic, lifelong disease that many of us are dealing with. It will take years to figure it out.

Don't beat yourself up for your feelings and actions. Instead, use that energy fighting out a way that will help you move forward. As others have already suggested, therapists, nutritionists, pastors, friends, family---whomever. But no one can or will do it for you. You might have to be vulnerable or uncomfortable to work through this.

This was all said with sincere compassion, in no way was it meant to be harsh it negative. Know this community supports you. You will be in my prayers![/quote']

Thank you and I want the truth from people on here. i don't want anyone to sugarcoat the situation. By reading everyone's post it has helped me alot including yours. The surgery won't fix it your right it's me who have to fiqure it out and beat this addiction. Thank you very much????

How about videogames! :D Good ol' distraction!

That's true. I realize I have to do something to distract me. Like Gospel music I realize helps me Thank you. I'm gonna start doing that

Annag - I hope you realize that all of us here who are responding to you, are proud of you. Yes, proud, because you took the first step and reached out. Please, PLEASE follow SassySeniors advice - this is a medical problem of brain chemicals and the symptoms are your crushing depression etc. You mentioned you are unemployed right now, I don't know what your financial assets are or what state you live in but you can get free mental health and medicare. Even if you can't get medicare, there is now the Affordable Health Care Act WHICH IS LAW. And even if none of that is for you, there are free support groups that meet, first one comes to mind is OA, Overeaters Anonymous. I don't do drugs or drink, but I am a recovering food addict and reading your posts, I think you are one too.

You keep calling yourself weak, that is another form of self-abuse. Also, let people help you, let your friends and boyfriend help you.

And, as a last resort, can you get yourself checked into a psych ward? I have a friend who is bipolar and every so often she checks herself in just to reboot.

Annag - I hope you realize that all of us here who are responding to you' date=' are proud of you. Yes, proud, because you took the first step and reached out. Please, PLEASE follow SassySeniors advice - this is a medical problem of brain chemicals and the symptoms are your crushing depression etc. You mentioned you are unemployed right now, I don't know what your financial assets are or what state you live in but you can get free mental health and medicare. Even if you can't get medicare, there is now the Affordable Health Care Act WHICH IS LAW. And even if none of that is for you, there are free support groups that meet, first one comes to mind is OA, Overeaters Anonymous. I don't do drugs or drink, but I am a recovering food addict and reading your posts, I think you are one too.

You keep calling yourself weak, that is another form of self-abuse. Also, let people help you, let your friends and boyfriend help you.

And, as a last resort, can you get yourself checked into a psych ward? I have a friend who is bipolar and every so often she checks herself in just to reboot.[/quote']

Thank you very much I really appreciate your words I realize people on here to care about others and that is a great feeling to know people are proud an care and whiling to take there time to help. So thank you very much. And I will def look into what I have said and everyone else. God bless everyone.

I started taken Paxil and depakote I'm only a month in. I actually went to the dr and he said to have to wait to kick in to see if it's helping. And thank your for your words.

I'm so glad to hear that! Give it time and of those aren't the right meds they can always try something else.

I'm so glad to hear that! Give it time and of those aren't the right meds they can always try something else.

Yea I switched to a new dr. Because I had a dr for years and he's been makin me try so many pills. No hasn't work. So I was fed up. I switched to another psy dr And he so far have me two pills which haven't worked made me worse so now I'm these two new pills. It's like a never ending story. I gotta go through the same process like my previous dr ugg. I just wish I just found the right meds so I can be better and live my life. But thank you for listening to me and responding back.

I understand the depression and the food issues. I struggle with both too. Unfortunately, I have not found an easy answer to this. I did want you to know that you are not alone. Also, chiming in with Healthier2Day. Don't give up on finding the right meds. I'm also bipolar and it took a long time to find the right combination for me. I'm on more meds than I'd like to be, but I have also learned the hard way that I will likely always need meds; today, I am ok with that. Sending love your way!

f**k, I wish I could Eat a 1/2 of a PBJ or 2 crackers...I am same 10months out surgery on 1/9/13 Lost 115 and Cant Stop Losing... it sucks , I am tired and Can NOT eat..........

Have you told your new Dr. how hopeless you feel? The fact that you have considered "offing" your self is very concerning.

Would it be possible to go for some inpatient help? It would be much easier for them to diagnose you and determine a treatment plan if you were admitted.

If you tell your Dr. that you are considering offing yourself, he has an obligation to have you admitted. I know when they find the right combination of meds your life will be so much better. The trial and error with meds is a drag, but unfortunately that's the only way they can determine what works with your brain chemistry.

I have been in the dark place you are right now, it's such a hopeless feeling. If you have had bouts of depression, you know this won't last forever. Please don't do anything you can't undo. Reach out and get some help, you and those who love you will be glad you did.

I understand the depression and the food issues. I struggle with both too. Unfortunately' date=' I have not found an easy answer to this. I did want you to know that you are not alone. Also, chiming in with Healthier2Day. Don't give up on finding the right meds. I'm also bipolar and it took a long time to find the right combination for me. I'm on more meds than I'd like to be, but I have also learned the hard way that I will likely always need meds; today, I am ok with that. Sending love your way![/quote']

Thank you, yes I have to be patient finding the right meds. I thought I was alone in this but I realize I'm not so thank u.I'm Glad u finally found the right combinations .

f**k' date=' I wish I could Eat a 1/2 of a PBJ or 2 crackers...I am same 10months out surgery on 1/9/13 Lost 115 and Cant Stop Losing... it sucks , I am tired and Can NOT eat..........[/quote']

Trust me I rather not eat and lose weight. Because I'm stretching my stomach which I prob already did. That's why I can eat and drink so much. I'm losing nothing I am gaining. So you were blessed to lose weight and that's very good. You are doing the right thing and motivated. Good for you Hun. I lost 60 in 10 months so that sucks. You lost alot that's great.

Have you told your new Dr. how hopeless you feel? The fact that you have considered "offing" your self is very concerning.

Would it be possible to go for some inpatient help? It would be much easier for them to diagnose you and determine a treatment plan if you were admitted.

If you tell your Dr. that you are considering offing yourself' date=' he has an obligation to have you admitted. I know when they find the right combination of meds your life will be so much better. The trial and error with meds is a drag, but unfortunately that's the only way they can determine what works with your brain chemistry.

I have been in the dark place you are right now, it's such a hopeless feeling. If you have had bouts of depression, you know this won't last forever. Please don't do anything you can't undo. Reach out and get some help, you and those who love you will be glad you did.[/quote']

Hello, yes I old my psychiatrist everything. And he prescribes me two medicines that I been take for a month he said I should let it kick in and see where it takes me. So I shall see its helping alittle but I get moments that scares me. So I'm praying for the meds to work so I can live my life. Thank you for responding and helping me I appreciate it. God bless