Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please read this and help me. I need to know i'm not alone.

Off topic for this thread but have you been scoped?

f**k' date=' I wish I could Eat a 1/2 of a PBJ or 2 crackers...I am same 10months out surgery on 1/9/13 Lost 115 and Cant Stop Losing... it sucks , I am tired and Can NOT eat..........[/quote']

I wish the op well. I'm happy you didn't suffer in silence and you're brave enough to seek advice. Being able to eat that much this early out is a sign that something may not have been done properly with you surgeon. Seek a new doctor to review your case and a therapist to find out why you are mentally sabotaging yourself. Good luck to you.

So reading this thread has just made me want to cry. I too have my own mental health issues which I have been working on prior to even knowing I wanted surgery. I am still pre-op but I definitely still have my dark days. The absolutely best thing I ever did was start working out. The hardest part was putting on tennis shoes and getting myself to move. But afterwards I always felt better than I did when I started. Two weeks later I noticed a huge change in my energy levels. It was such a small change but it's made a huge difference. Doing something healthy has also made me evaluate what I am eating and I find I am eating better too. Everyone is giving you great advice. Grab onto just one piece of advise and move forward in a direction. The rest will come but you have to start somewhere.

I wish the op well. I'm happy you didn't suffer in silence and you're brave enough to seek advice. Being able to eat that much this early out is a sign that something may not have been done properly with you surgeon. Seek a new doctor to review your case and a therapist to find out why you are mentally sabotaging yourself. Good luck to you.

I always keep things to myself. Until couple eats ago I realize I need help. It's tough and I will go to the dr and ask questions. My stomach dr apt is next month November because he's booked. Which personally I think I should go sonnet because maybe this can be serious but that dr they don't care. I got to a psy to prescribe me meds but ur right i deff need to talk to someone as well. But not having insurence by December is a whole another issue it will be tough and no money and no job it will be worse for me.

So reading this thread has just made me want to cry. I too have my own mental health issues which I have been working on prior to even knowing I wanted surgery. I am still pre-op but I definitely still have my dark days. The absolutely best thing I ever did was start working out. The hardest part was putting on tennis shoes and getting myself to move. But afterwards I always felt better than I did when I started. Two weeks later I noticed a huge change in my energy levels. It was such a small change but it's made a huge difference. Doing something healthy has also made me evaluate what I am eating and I find I am eating better too. Everyone is giving you great advice. Grab onto just one piece of advise and move forward in a direction. The rest will come but you have to start somewhere.

How you over came it. I just can't seem to beat this state of mind I'm goin through. I can't start somewhere because if I do I go back to it again the same as before. I the other day was doing fine an then said I can beat this finally then again I clashed an I'm in bed all day today. So it's like I can't seem to just do t and beat this.

How you over came it. I just can't seem to beat this state of mind I'm goin through. I can't start somewhere because if I do I go back to it again the same as before. I the other day was doing fine an then said I can beat this finally then again I clashed an I'm in bed all day today. So it's like I can't seem to just do t and beat this.

I literally put on tennis shoes while crying my eyes out and walked. By the time I was done walking I wasn't crying anymore. I woke up the next day and did the same thing, tears and all. And by the end of the week I wasn't crying. I have been where you are, in a completely dark place where you no longer want to live in this life anymore. I have been there a few times. My worst bout with depression happened several years back and my best friend just showed up at my apt one day, dragged me out of bed, threw me in a shower and washed my hair.

None of this is easy. And just because you got through today doesn't it mean tomorrow is any easier. But it is waking up everyday with some determination that you will do something that pushes you forward. And when things are just downright dark and scary you have to lean into gratitude. Find something, anything, to be grateful for. Like I said, everyone is giving you great advise. Do something, anything! Call your psychologist and get checked into a facility, call your surgical center and go to a support group meeting, get up and walk. Laying in bed and eating is not an option. Do something!

I literally put on tennis shoes while crying my eyes out and walked. By the time I was done walking I wasn't crying anymore. I woke up the next day and did the same thing' date=' tears and all. And by the end of the week I wasn't crying. I have been where you are, in a completely dark place where you no longer want to live in this life anymore. I have been there a few times. My worst bout with depression happened several years back and my best friend just showed up at my apt one day, dragged me out of bed, threw me in a shower and washed my hair. None of this is easy. And just because you got through today doesn't it mean tomorrow is any easier. But it is waking up everyday with some determination that you will do something that pushes you forward. And when things are just downright dark and scary you have to lean into gratitude. Find something, anything, to be grateful for. Like I said, everyone is giving you great advise. Do something, anything! Call your psychologist and get checked into a facility, call your surgical center and go to a support group meeting, get up and walk. Laying in bed and eating is not an option. Do something![/quote']

I should also mention that during my last battle with depression earlier this year I started seeing a therapist. I suffer from PTSD, mood disorders of depression and anxiety, along with being monitored for a possible bi polar diagnosis. I decided not to do meds, but that was a highly personal choice.

I should also mention that during my last battle with depression earlier this year I started seeing a therapist. I suffer from PTSD' date=' mood disorders of depression and anxiety, along with being monitored for a possible bi polar diagnosis. I decided not to do meds, but that was a highly personal choice.[/quote']

Wow that's great and you over came it. That's really good. I really appreciate your words. I do need to just do anything when I get this way. That's so true to keep my mind off of it. It's very hard I have no will power. But I deff have to seek help in the therapist field maybe tht would help me to talk to someone but I always put into my head that don't work but Monday I deff will make a appt wih that dr too. I was taken meds for years then before my surgery I said I wana try not taken meds so my dr let me do that and I was so fine. But once I had my surgery and after couple months later I got worse. So I have to realize that I have to take meds for the rest if my life and I have to just deal with it. And if u dnt need meds that's great if u can handle it yourself. I tried it my own but couldn't. Some people can and can't. And you can and that's great.

Wow that's great and you over came it. That's really good. I really appreciate your words. I do need to just do anything when I get this way. That's so true to keep my mind off of it. It's very hard I have no will power. But I deff have to seek help in the therapist field maybe tht would help me to talk to someone but I always put into my head that don't work but Monday I deff will make a appt wih that dr too. I was taken meds for years then before my surgery I said I wana try not taken meds so my dr let me do that and I was so fine. But once I had my surgery and after couple months later I got worse. So I have to realize that I have to take meds for the rest if my life and I have to just deal with it. And if u dnt need meds that's great if u can handle it yourself. I tried it my own but couldn't. Some people can and can't. And you can and that's great.

I wouldn't say I overcame it. There are days that are still dark. I just manage them differently. And maybe I will reach a point I need meds, but right now I don't. It helps having a therapist to work things through with. My therapist doesn't allow me to bullsh*t my way through things and keeps me honest. There have been appointments where I had to have a serious conversation about being hospitalized and others I laughed a lot. It's an everyday thing. Sometimes it's a matter of just getting through the next couple mins. I take things as they come, lean into discomfort and manage my emotions as they happen.

I wouldn't say I overcame it. There are days that are still dark. I just manage them differently. And maybe I will reach a point I need meds' date=' but right now I don't. It helps having a therapist to work things through with. My therapist doesn't allow me to bullsh*t my way through things and keeps me honest. There have been appointments where I had to have a serious conversation about being hospitalized and others I laughed a lot. It's an everyday thing. Sometimes it's a matter of just getting through the next couple mins. I take things as they come, lean into discomfort and manage my emotions as they happen.[/quote']

That's good. I have to deff make an appointment for a therapist. I need to learn steps to help me with this struggle. Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help. God bless.