Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please read this and help me. I need to know i'm not alone.

What did you think this surgery would do' date=' allow you to eat as unhealthily as possible, while still losing weight? Ever hear the phrase, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should"? Why are you eating 4 pieces of pizza? Why are you eating an entire cheesesteak sandwich? It has been 9 months, was counseling ever part of your aftercare program? A nutritionist? Follow ups with your Dr.? Don't throw away this expensive and invasive surgery, seek help. What was your start weight, how tall are you? food addiction is very real, and needs to be treated as an addiction.[/quote']

I havent gone to follow up To the dr or nutritionist . Start weight 287 5"4

Maybe most of us should work on fixing our minds than doing this drastic surgery. Thanks for being so honest about the sleeve and feeling no restriction. I always wondered if this may be an issue. And u confirmed, it is. So why have the surgery if restriction goes away. You have help me decide not to go through with the gastric sleeve. .. This surgery has no guarantees enough to change my body that drastic for lifetime. I know of many people gain back their weight along the road.

You have to work on both body and mind. The restriction works best if you eat properly. Protein first. One can easily learn to eat around the sleeve by focusing on carbs and other low nutrient value foods.

Maybe most of us should work on fixing our minds than doing this drastic surgery. Thanks for being so honest about the sleeve and feeling no restriction. I always wondered if this may be an issue. And u confirmed, it is. So why have the surgery if restriction goes away. You have help me decide not to go through with the gastric sleeve. .. This surgery has no guarantees enough to change my body that drastic for lifetime. I know of many people gain back their weight along the road.

If you can change your mind because of this post ... You're not ready for the surgery. It's not a cure. Good for you to know ahead of time that you will be a failure.

OP, some have the right mind set to succeed and do it cold turkey so to say. Some don't quite have their minds set right and therefore need help along the way. You can still succeed if you seek the help you need to be successful. If you truly do want this to work you will do what needs to be done.

Also, I don't have any pain either. I do get full and learned when to recognize it and stop eating even though I could probably stuff more in.

If you want it... It's yours :D

How did you overcome your depression. I can't seem to just get up and go. I'm struggling with that. I always say I'm gonna go walk and eat right but I have no will power I'm so weak. I don't know how to get out of this state of mind.

If it is Chronic depression then you never get over it...It always pops up when you least expect it and stays for however long it wants to..But I find when I have my dark moments which happen quite a bit..I push myself to move....Do something for someone else...Pick up a difficult hobby.....Get out of the house and walk. The air is a wonderful equalizer. Make sure you have the proper drugs for your type of depression...If you give into it..It Takes over and you go down down until you are in a black hole.....

I take Ativan....When I am too bad to deal with people and that helps a lot....You must learn where the triggers are for you and try to identify why you are having this bad moment.....

My depression is different then yours and yours mine...We are not identical people but a few of what I mentioned could be a help..

Refined sugar can also make matters worse..Protein seems to help some with mine...I observed that with this sleeve.....Hope it helps!

Maybe most of us should work on fixing our minds than doing this drastic surgery. Thanks for being so honest about the sleeve and feeling no restriction. I always wondered if this may be an issue. And u confirmed' date=' it is. So why have the surgery if restriction goes away. You have help me decide not to go through with the gastric sleeve. .. This surgery has no guarantees enough to change my body that drastic for lifetime. I know of many people gain back their weight along the road.[/quote']

I'm sorry to change your mind. It's because I suffer severe depression and OCD and bi-polar so it's harder for me. And plus no job so I basically am home all day and think about food. But if I work I'm sure it would be different it depends on the person. And I always thought I wouldn't succeed because I'm a very weak person and never succeed. I did this so soon bc I wouldn't have insurence any longer by December. In a way I'm glad I did this but I'm scared that I will open my stomach and leak and still my mind still eats and don't care. So I don't know what's going on. Read different people post and see. I wish I knew Bout this sooner maybe I would've second guess bc I was never mentally ready.

You have to work on both body and mind. The restriction works best if you eat properly. Protein first. One can easily learn to eat around the sleeve by focusing on carbs and other low nutrient value foods.

The problem is I just don't care anymore. Maybe it's because I'm depressed. But like I said to another person. I can open my stomach and damage myself that's back my head. But I still eat and eat and don't care. And no dr seems to help me.

If you can change your mind because of this post ... You're not ready for the surgery. It's not a cure. Good for you to know ahead of time that you will be a failure.

OP' date=' some have the right mind set to succeed and do it cold turkey so to say. Some don't quite have their minds set right and therefore need help along the way. You can still succeed if you seek the help you need to be successful. If you truly do want this to work you will do what needs to be done.

Also, I don't have any pain either. I do get full and learned when to recognize it and stop eating even though I could probably stuff more in.

If you want it... It's yours :D[/quote']

Your right you have to have the right state of mind and I don't have that. I feel the fullness but stop then go back at it again and eat. And I don't stop. Idk anymore. I just don't understand y I'm so weak and just eat less and the right foods. I will try an do good but then I clasp.

If it is Chronic depression then you never get over it...It always pops up when you least expect it and stays for however long it wants to..But I find when I have my dark moments which happen quite a bit..I push myself to move....Do something for someone else...Pick up a difficult hobby.....Get out of the house and walk. The air is a wonderful equalizer. Make sure you have the proper drugs for your type of depression...If you give into it..It Takes over and you go down down until you are in a black hole.....

I take Ativan....When I am too bad to deal with people and that helps a lot....You must learn where the triggers are for you and try to identify why you are having this bad moment.....

My depression is different then yours and yours mine...We are not identical people but a few of what I mentioned could be a help..

Refined sugar can also make matters worse..Protein seems to help some with mine...I observed that with this sleeve.....Hope it helps!

Yea I have chronic depression. Even if I keep myself busy like I did today. I'm still depressed and think crazy thoughts. My crazy scary thoughts takes over me. Do u get like that? Bc this over powers me. I recently almost off myself so many times. And recently a month ago. I prayed and said I can't do this anymore and I we t to church got saved and now I became Christian and go to bible study Tuesday wendsday Thursday Sunday an Sunday is church so I been doing that and keep having the faith. But it's breaking me down still. I feel my faith is just giving up in me too. I just don't know what Else to do. Nothing is helping me. Well Jesus is because he saved me so many times. But the depression once again is taken over me. And I'm still in process finding meds best for me after many years still

I hope you are getting help for the depression. I was diagnosed bipolar 17 years ago and there have been times when I didn't have insurance, but most counties have a department of mental health that has free services. Even if you don't have insurance look into this. You are worth it! I really feel like the hopelessness is tied to overeating and once the depression is properly treated the other should be more manageable. I don't know what medication if any you are taking but I think it needs to be reevaluated because if you are feeling hopeless that could mean its not working. When you start wanting to kill yourself or fantasizing about this it's a serious problem.

I've pretty much accepted that I need to stay on my meds. But the overeating could be you trying to medicate your depression. And don't lose hope you can start over! Give yourself credit for how far you have come. You can turn this around! You were strong enough to have this surgery now use that same strength to take care of yourself. I wish you the best.

I have been that depressed several times in my life. Once, a friend of mine literally had to drag me out of bed, pick something to wear, clean up my bedroom and get me out of the house.

Here's what I learned that you can use, too.

1) If you can't do it for yourself, ask a friend to help you. Do a search online for mental health in your city or county. Call 411 and ask them if there is a number to call for this information (we have a 311 where I live).

2) Mental health counseling is free in each state, usually listed under the Department of Mental Health and Retardation - MMR. I found the one in my area and I go there.

3) Search for "Pastoral Counseling." Another counseling source.

If you do a little research, you can find free help. Before you can be successful with the Sleeve or anything else, you must first get your head meds straightened out.

4) Look at it this way, it's a medical, not a personal, problem Your head is sick and needs medicine.

5) You must act. Get someone to do the research if you can't. You owe it to yourself, your husband and children(?) to get the right medicine to heal your head.

6) I know it sounds crazy, but it's not your fault. Your head is sick, so stop blaming yourself.

7) Make a pact with yourself to do one small step at a time. I did this once, in a deep depression. It took me 1 1/2 years to crawl out of my hole - with a lot of help from doctors, counselors and friends. I finally got on the right medicine, and I never get depressed any more.

8) I also promised myself that I would keep that door of depression closed. I do not indulge in any negative thinking. If I get a negative thought, I slam the door shut before it can take hold. I control my thinking by switching instantly to an island scene, where I'm lying on the beach, relaxing.

9) You’re worth it. Deep down inside, I think you’ll find that you agree.

Good luck, honey, and keep posting. In fact, there’s probably a group on here for people with depression and bipolar issues. If you can’t find it, send a message to Alex who owns and runs this site.

You are 9 months out and can eat 4 slices of pizza? I'm 13 months out and can't eat one slice! Something is not right. If before surgery they had told me that at nine months I would be able to eat all that I would never have had surgery! I know my sleeve is a tool but mine is a tool that physically won't let me eat that much! Have you always been able to eat that much since surgery or have you been from the beginning over eating and have stretched it out? Good luck and I hope you get better!

There is a bigger issue going on here then food...Something in your head has not been fixed....What is driving you to abuse yourself like this...Only you know the answer hun! food addiction is a horrible roller coast ride that can have horrible life threatening side effects...You know that because you did the hardest thing anyone can do....You had this surgery.... Now and only now you have to start listening to your body and your sleeve...Sounds silly....But your body sends you signals to stop eating......you are eating because of an emotional reason.... Measure out your 1 cup and place it beautifully on your plate and only eat that..Slow down and chew a lot..Put your fork down after each small bite and feel the food going down and you will realize you are being fed.....Give your brain enough time to tell you you have eaten enough....If you are hungry a hour later eat some fruit or a few nuts.... This is not a low calorie diet..This is a tool we all chose to get to give us the time to work out our food addictions...You have kept a lot off....It is a battle for sure...Hope you are getting in all your water.... There are better days a head...grab them and run with them...This is your turn to be the person inside that really wants to come out...Brush the dust off' date=' get back on the horse and ride like the wind....Stop sabotaging yourself for only the reasons you know...Take the time to find them and if you need to talk about it...I would be happy to help where I can....send me a message if you so desire! I am only 2 months a head of you and paid a huge price for my surgery.....I work at it every day and so does everyone else....It is your turn to get where you want to be....You can do this .....K[/quote']i am so glad to have come across this post...it has touched me right where it needed to as I have been struggling a lot this last few months...

I hope you are getting help for the depression. I was diagnosed bipolar 17 years ago and there have been times when I didn't have insurance' date=' but most counties have a department of mental health that has free services. Even if you don't have insurance look into this. You are worth it! I really feel like the hopelessness is tied to overeating and once the depression is properly treated the other should be more manageable. I don't know what medication if any you are taking but I think it needs to be reevaluated because if you are feeling hopeless that could mean its not working. When you start wanting to kill yourself or fantasizing about this it's a serious problem.

I've pretty much accepted that I need to stay on my meds. But the overeating could be you trying to medicate your depression. And don't lose hope you can start over! Give yourself credit for how far you have come. You can turn this around! You were strong enough to have this surgery now use that same strength to take care of yourself. I wish you the best.[/quote']

I started taken Paxil and depakote I'm only a month in. I actually went to the dr and he said to have to wait to kick in to see if it's helping. And thank your for your words.

I have been that depressed several times in my life. Once' date=' a friend of mine literally had to drag me out of bed, pick something to wear, clean up my bedroom and get me out of the house.

Here's what I learned that you can use, too.

1) If you can't do it for yourself, ask a friend to help you. Do a search online for mental health in your city or county. Call 411 and ask them if there is a number to call for this information (we have a 311 where I live).

2) Mental health counseling is free in each state, usually listed under the Department of Mental Health and Retardation - MMR. I found the one in my area and I go there.

3) Search for "Pastoral Counseling." Another counseling source.

If you do a little research, you can find free help. Before you can be successful with the Sleeve or anything else, you must first get your head meds straightened out.

4) Look at it this way, it's a medical, not a personal, problem Your head is sick and needs medicine.

5) You must act. Get someone to do the research if you can't. You owe it to yourself, your husband and children(?) to get the right medicine to heal your head.

6) I know it sounds crazy, but it's not your fault. Your head is sick, so stop blaming yourself.

7) Make a pact with yourself to do one small step at a time. I did this once, in a deep depression. It took me 1 1/2 years to crawl out of my hole - with a lot of help from doctors, counselors and friends. I finally got on the right medicine, and I never get depressed any more.

8) I also promised myself that I would keep that door of depression closed. I do not indulge in any negative thinking. If I get a negative thought, I slam the door shut before it can take hold. I control my thinking by switching instantly to an island scene, where I'm lying on the beach, relaxing.

9) You’re worth it. Deep down inside, I think you’ll find that you agree.

Good luck, honey, and keep posting. In fact, there’s probably a group on here for people with depression and bipolar issues. If you can’t find it, send a message to Alex who owns and runs this site.

[/quote']

You are very right I need to start doin that and thinking that way. I appreciate it you take the time to message me and given me advices I will deff do them and see how it goes.????