Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have pooped, but not a good one!

One week post op and still haven't had a good bm since a few days before surgery. Today I had my 3 servings of benefiber and took 3 stool softeners before bed. Hoping tomorrow morning is it!

I have pooped a few times, but not an actual long guy. These are more like poop balls!

Any other suggestions?

fleets enema or glycerin suppository. the oral meds may not help if hard stool already in the colon. i feel your pain!

i had the worse time after surgery. never been constipated in my life. how could i be with all the food i was eating? i finally called my doctor and he told me to use Miralax. i used it in my Protein Drink. sometimes Fiber pills can do just the opposite of what you are wanting from them. just think of it, if you have diarrhea you would want some more fiber to harden up your stool. so i took the miralax and 2 dulcolux(SP) and in the morning i really did have a nice bm. :rolleyes:

tellimg ya Milk of magnusim will not let you down in will make it soft, no cramps and works every time.....did all on the market and then drugist told me about this and have been smooth and comfortable ever since.

I will be picking up one of those today!:(

I take the fiber route. I have always had irregular bowels because I have thyroid disease. I couldn't take laxatives pre surgery because they are too harsh on my stomach. I don't go every day but when i do it's a productive one. I use colon cleanse from Walmart. It's not what the name implies, it's a fiber supplement that will help keep you regular.

Start snacking on greens: it's better than a pill and your body needs it anyway. I had that issue for a while, but I started eating broccoli, spinach and salads - a little bit every day will keep you regular and your BM's will be "nice".

Mel, you and I already talked about this in private... So you know, I'm in the same boat right beside you!! I'm sitting in the waiting room right now to have staples removed so I'll pose this to the doc & post his response. FYI - milk of mag gives me cramps like a mofo

This is going to sound weird but i eat egg beaters with a dash of hot sauce. That got me goin!

Took a few weeks but since I've started walking every day and getting at minimum 80 grams of Protein and 64oz of Water I've been regular!

Oh yeah... KALE! that will get you goin! Lmao.

Mel, you and I already talked about this in private... So you know, I'm in the same boat right beside you!! I'm sitting in the waiting room right now to have staples removed so I'll pose this to the doc & post his response. FYI - milk of mag gives me cramps like a mofo

Doc said just keep pushing the fluids and things will 'move' when they're ready to.... He said if I were to use anything, put it in the bottom rather than the top, there will be less cramping and/or discomfort this way. I feel like I have one of those poops coming that is better than sex... well, bad sex atleast lol

I just took some miralax! I'll let you know in the morning!

And if I understand what you are saying by put it in the bottom...no way! Lol

Enemas get it done. Then just up your Water. Post-op it's really hard to get things moving: anesthesia and pain med combo. I had a surgery wednesday and had one this morning.

Milk of Magnesia is the WORST. For me I end up with horrible cramping.

And I'd never ever had an issue before surgery. And never had an enema before in my life. But they are effective and more natural than meds.

I used miralax! Loved it! No cramping or anything. Worked overnight