Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:faint: Okay I have been doing very well (after my first few days:sick ) I am feeling good with the lapband not any problems with my outside no pain I can feel my port that is kind of freaky but I think the swelling is going down does not feel as hard.

Here is where I need some help. I have my good days and bad days yesterday I cried all day. I was just feeling sorry for my self and I don't know why I am loosing weight 14lbs in 2 weeks I think is great. I know alot of my problem is the mushie diet I am not doing great with I am eating things I do not like just to eat. I am tired all the time which I am sure is do to my food intake. And bless me I know this will all change in a couple of weeks I just don't know if I will make it. Also I don't go back to work until tuesday so the diet and what I cant do is all i think of. I would not change anything with the lapband every. I guess just looking for some guidence, from anyone.

Can anyone give me some food tips? I would be greatful:hungry:

Shelley

Hello Shelley,

You might want to check out the forum on here called: food

The very first thread in that Forum is a mushies recipe thread, here's the link to it:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/mushies-stage-recipes-t17637.html

In the food Forum, there are loads of good questions and answers about the various stages and what folks have found worked and what didn't.

Best of luck to you! I know what you mean that when you get back to work, at least your mind will be on something else. Are you much of a reader? Perhaps getting engrossed in a good book might take your mind off the food, or go to a movie, or a couple of them? Then again, some folks always eat at the theatre, I never did, so if that's something you would have done, never mind my suggestion :)

And CONGRATS on the 14lbs!!! That's just wonderful!

Thank you for the link I have been checking and I guess not looking in the right place shepards pie for dinner anyone!!!!!

Thanks for the quick reply

Shelley

Shelley,

I feel very similar to you. I just sent you a pm. I was banded on the 23rd and feel very good physically, but am hanging on by a thread emotionally. I am SO sick of liquids. When did you go to mushies?? I am still stuck on liquids for another week. Good luck to you and feel free to pm me back if you get the chance. ps. I've also lost 14 pounds (including the preop diet for a week) Gretchen

Shelly I definitely feel your pain. Banded 2/16. I am now on the mushies. I am so sick of everything. I too have had no real discomfort since surgery. So I almost feel bad about complaining. Luckily I go back to work on Monday the distraction is going to be great. Congrats on your 14lbs. I am down 15lbs and was able to get into a pair of old jeans. Like wow! Its only been 2 weeks.

Honestly, I can't eat pureed foods. Just looking at them makes me sick. I made some homemade black bean Soup the other day, then put some in the blender. One look at it and my appetitie was gone.

I just take tiny bites of things that are on the mushie diet, chew it about 30 times until it's pulverized, then I swallow. I'd rather do the pureeing in my mouth.

Debbie

What a relief to see others are feeling the same way as me! I was banded on 02/23 and have had no real discomfort, just hunger for the last few days. I've been eating a lot of Tomato Soup and yogurt. I was feeling light headed and tired so I've added some Carnation Instant Breakfast to get some more Protein. I now know why this period is called Bandster Hell. Just reading your posts has made me feel better though. Thanks!

Erin :)

Same here, Same here!

Been feeling the same way. Guess what? When I had my psych consult, she told me that depression is a normal thing after the surgery, and not to be too upset about it. I did go through it. Now that I am finally feeling better, and getting out and doing things, it is going away.

I also was very aware of my port, and felt it to be uncomfortable. It seemed that every time I bent over, it wanted to pop out! It also felt as if there was no room for it in my abdomen. That too is now resolving, and maybe healing has something to do with it. But, it is getting better, 3 weeks later.

Oh yeah, I started at the gym the other day, and I do believe that will be a big help to me!

Honestly, I can't eat pureed foods. Just looking at them makes me sick. I made some homemade black bean Soup the other day, then put some in the blender. One look at it and my appetitie was gone.

I just take tiny bites of things that are on the mushie diet, chew it about 30 times until it's pulverized, then I swallow. I'd rather do the pureeing in my mouth.

Debbie

I am soo with you no this one!! Just the thought of LIQUIFYING some foods makes me sick. Can't wait until I am past that stage.

Stacy

I'm not banded yet but I'm trying to eat like I will have to (chewing well, trying out mushy foods/protein drinks). Last night I bought some jars of meat baby food. I bought beef, ham, turkey, and chicken. I tried the chicken this morning and it really wasn't too bad. But I can't imagine eating some of the pureed stuff I saw in the hospital when I used to pass trays. UGH! I had better figure out what I can and can't eat before I am forced to puree things myself. I like the idea of chewing until basically pureed in my mouth. At least then I can still enjoy the initial texture.