Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The doctor used glue to seal the incisions on my belly. I'm post op 8 days and the glue is peeling. How long did it take for the glue to come off for others who also had glue? Did you have bad scars?

I had glue scars are so light and small. happy they used it. Let it fall off. try to ignore it. I don't remember how long sorry,

wendy

I had glue -- so much better than staples. I had staples with my gallbladder surgery and they had to be taken out early because I had a reaction to them and they started getting infected. My scars are pretty bad, but I don't think it has anything to do with glue vs other methods of closure... it's more likely the gallbladder surgery and two band surgeries... I look like I've been sliced and diced... because I have :-o

I haven't been banded yet but they used glue when I had my gallbladder removed. It does start to peel off pretty soon. Just let it come off naturally and you'll be fine. You can only see 1 of my scars from the gallbladder surgery and it's not bad at all. It will take time for them to fade though. I learned yesterday that my surgeon uses the glue for his lapband patients and I was very happy to hear this.

I had glue and it peeled off slowly...I mean it started to peel when it was suppose to. A little would come off but on the edge not where the actually cut was. I'm glad I had glue to be honest....

Thanks everyone! Good to know. Not that I'll be sporting a bikini any time soon.... Or ever. :)

Why never?

My doctor said to let it come off on its own. Not to pull it even if had started coming off. Said it could trim the edges as they lifted up if they bothered me but not to rush it.

I have scars but I'm light skinned and scar easily.

Just don't think I could ever pull off the bikini look.

It's so nice to have a support site that you can ask questions and talk about being banded and all that comes with it from people that are in the same boat.

I had my surgery about the same time and my glue is also peeling. I've been clipping the edges off (very carefully of course), because I'm paranoid of it catching on something and ripping off. Seems to be working out well.

Three years later...not a single visible scar....