Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, I haven't been banded yet, but I'm trying to get all the info I can before my surgery. Yes, I've ask my Dr. but I want to ask people too.

Where is the best place the port should be? Because after a yr with my band, I plan on getting a TT and I don't want it sticking out.

my surgeon didnt give me a choice. mine is on the right side below the rib cage but above the waist line. it doesnt seem to get in the way at all. i have very little trouble with the port.

my surgeon didnt give me a choice. mine is on the right side below the rib cage but above the waist line. it doesnt seem to get in the way at all. i have very little trouble with the port.

Ok, I was told under rib is the very uncomfortable. Constant pain, near breast area was better. But, good you have little trouble with the port.

Okay, I haven't been banded yet, but I'm trying to get all the info I can before my surgery. Yes, I've ask my Dr. but I want to ask people too.

Where is the best place the port should be? Because after a yr with my band, I plan on getting a TT and I don't want it sticking out.

I guess it depends on the surgeon, however my port is a low profile port, very small and not visible at all and it is located a few inches to the right above my belly button and I would not want to have it anywhere else.

I have never had port pain, right after surgery I made sure I did not lift anything over 5-10 pound for about 2 months post op and I did not anything touch or hit my port area and I wore loose cloths for about 3 months after surgery.

I didn't get a choice as to where my port was placed. However I'm good with where it is. Mine is midway between my belly button and right boob- just below my ribs.

I know of people with their ports at the bra line who have hated it as well as those with waist line ports. So I feel pretty lucky about where mine is.

When I've been thinner it has stuck out like a little button- but oh well. I know they now make low profile ones so you may be able to have the port changed when you get a TT if it's bothering you.

I guess it depends on the surgeon' date=' however my port is a low profile port, very small and not visible at all and it is located a few inches to the right above my belly button and I would not want to have it anywhere else.

I have never had port pain, right after surgery I made sure I did not lift anything over 5-10 pound for about 2 months post op and I did not anything touch or hit my port area and I wore loose cloths for about 3 months after surgery.[/quote']

Ok, I hope my surgeon can put the port somewhere there too. I just hear when its by the rib and your doing cosmetic procedure the plastic surgeon usually moves it. If rather it be place where it doesn't need to be move. I'll let my Dr. know. Thanks again!

I didn't get a choice as to where my port was placed. However I'm good with where it is. Mine is midway between my belly button and right boob- just below my ribs.

I know of people with their ports at the bra line who have hated it as well as those with waist line ports. So I feel pretty lucky about where mine is.

When I've been thinner it has stuck out like a little button- but oh well. I know they now make low profile ones so you may be able to have the port changed when you get a TT if it's bothering you.

Aw ok, yeah I notice they have change the band since it came out. So, it may be put in different....not sure, but I hope in a great location. Thanks

I had my port changed to a lower one.. It was sticking way out the more I loss my weight. so my doc. changed it for me. I had to be Omitted in the hospital for one day... I had a TT my Plastic surgeon called My doc...about my port..

I had my port changed to a lower one.. It was sticking way out the more I loss my weight. so my doc. changed it for me. I had to be Omitted in the hospital for one day... I had a TT my Plastic surgeon called My doc...about my port..

Aw ok, yeah, I'm a talk with my Doc on that. Good to know...thanks.