Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There are no "good" and "bad" foods, it's a matter of what type of diet you follow and your daily calories. If it fits into your diet and you have the calories for it- go for it. Personally I eat A LOT of baked potatoes. They're my favorite carb.

Remember, moderation not deprivation.

I'm just trying to get an idea of good foods. So how about corn on the cob or baked potato?

Everyone has some foods which they cannot tolerate well...and I can no longer tolerate corn. I will only have baked sweet potatoes as they have more nutrients than white potatoes.

I was advised by my surgeon to minimize my starchy carbs, such as potatoes of any description and corn. I have sweet potato perhaps 1-3 times a month. I prefer cauliflower or green Beans.

The foods you tolerate may be different. That's why you have to experiment and learn what works for you. Your nutritionist should have given you some guidelines to follow as far as food choices go.

Best wishes for a successful weight loss journey...

I know the rules but I guess I'm still fighting my fat girls mind who just wanted some Mexican corn tonight lol I had an excellent nutritionist who gave me good tools. I know what's good and bad I don't want any of my question to reflect my knowledge on what was taught to me because they are a very good group. I was asking as far and food getting stuck, how corn feels going through the band etc. I guess it is trail and error and I do have to find out what works for me , but the good thing is I settle for my provided diet so I'm clear. The urge had passed for now. It's a battle

I eat everything. I was also advised to stay away from corn, peas, and potatoes, and I don't typically eat a lot of those anyways, but when there is corn in something I like, I eat them just fine. Everything in moderation has been what's worked for me!

I eat everything. I was also advised to stay away from corn' date=' peas, and potatoes, and I don't typically eat a lot of those anyways, but when there is corn in something I like, I eat them just fine. Everything in moderation has been what's worked for me![/quote']

Thanks! Chicagorose!!

So does this mean I have to stay away from Garret's!!!!!! You can't have that in moderation especially fresh!! Jk jk lol all in moderation. I will get through this