Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

reading alot of posts

people saying what if i cant

well, what if you can?

what_if.png

i said i cant and i couldnt and how come and why me for so long, i talked myself into thinking i am destined to be super morbid obese......well, i talked that sh** right out of my head and got on with it...i put on my sizeXXXXXXL balloon panties and had WLS, followed the instructions and made myself well..

so instead of saying, what if i cant, what if it dont work and what if i have no support and what if i starve on liquid diet and what if this and what if that,

how about just shutting up.....accept that we must change what we eat/think and let it work...let the band work.....you do your part by helping..

what if it works and you lose weight and get healthy....

what if you get to that goal weight you want

what if you do everything you set out to do.....

i just wanted to walk around the block and be able to push

my granddaughter in her stroller....that is all i wanted..when i started.

if i kept saying what if 16 months ago, id still not be able to do that....

You go girl!!! Great inspiration!

Those what if's....they can be killer! In a negative sense they have the power to undermine every intention, they can be the worst excuses that have ever existed. They work because we power them! We take all our strength and all our beliefs and put it behind the "what if" and make it the impossible.

We can't help it, there is always at least two sides to everything. I know this...but there is more then that, and I know this too. So what I try to do is look at things from all sides. Not just the up and down the positive and negative but all sides, even inside and out if I have to just to find a way to take my self from that negative place. To find another road or another avenue of thought so I can get myself where I want to go.

Yeah it might take a bit longer for me to do that, and I might not get there as fast as some but I don't give up, and I learn lots along the way. I am ready when I get there to be where I am, and if I'm able to blaze a trail for others to accompany me, to follow or shoot off of then I am even happier.

So I say what if, everything you ever wanted in life is possible! You just have change your perspective and find route that works for you or create a new one!!

What if...you have the power to change your life and everyone you ever meet just by changing your perspective and making the impossible possible?

found this today..thought i would share:

Phenomenal Woman

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size

But when I start to tell them,

They think I'm telling lies.

I say,

It's in the reach of my arms

The span of my hips,

The stride of my step,

The curl of my lips.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me.

I walk into a room

Just as cool as you please,

And to a man,

The fellows stand or

Fall down on their knees.

Then they swarm around me,

A hive of honey bees.

I say,

It's the fire in my eyes,

And the flash of my teeth,

The swing in my waist,

And the joy in my feet.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me.

Men themselves have wondered

What they see in me.

They try so much

But they can't touch

My inner mystery.

When I try to show them

They say they still can't see.

I say,

It's in the arch of my back,

The sun of my smile,

The ride of my breasts,

The grace of my style.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me.

Now you understand

Just why my head's not bowed.

I don't shout or jump about

Or have to talk real loud.

When you see me passing

It ought to make you proud.

I say,

It's in the click of my heels,

The bend of my hair,

the palm of my hand,

The need of my care,

'Cause I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me.

Maya Angelou

i said i cant and i couldnt and how come and why me for so long' date=' i talked myself into thinking i am destined to be super morbid obese......well, i talked that sh** right out of my head and got on with it...i put on my sizeXXXXXXL balloon panties and had WLS, followed the instructions and made myself well.. so instead of saying, what if i cant, what if it dont work and what if i have no support and what if i starve on liquid diet and what if this and what if that, how about just shutting up.....accept that we must change what we eat/think and let it work...let the band work.....you do your part by helping.. what if it works and you lose weight and get healthy.... what if you get to that goal weight you want what if you do everything you set out to do..... i just wanted to walk around the block and be able to push my granddaughter in her stroller....that is all i wanted..when i started. if i kept saying what if 16 months ago, id still not be able to do that....[/quote']

TRUTH!!!!!!