Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought I would be amongst people who understood...

H

I did a search to figure out what you were talking about. You didn't come here looking for compassion and at no time were you belittled. You came here, never having posting before and have no relationship with anyone here, looking for votes for your contest.

I'm sorry but people reacted with caution and honesty. When a stranger comes out of the blue posting links and wanting our help with one of the zillion potential scams out there, a red flag goes up. We don't want a virus from a link and we don't want to be part of a scam. We don't know you so we don't trust you, either. You can't fault us for having a healthy dose of skepticism.

If you want our help, trying being a part of our community and getting to know us, not just coming here for votes. Otherwise, you're sure to get nowhere fast.

I'm guessing this is due to your previous post?

I do have to agree, some people on this forum can be very harsh at times. I dont understand it because when we all started this journey, we were all in the same boat. Looking for insurance coverage, finding a doctor, filing out medical documentation, nervous as hell, and then, trying to figure out a new way of living. I dont know your personal background is or care to investigate your husband because he was in a military uniform. Obviously, you are looking for a way to get this procedure and you must have done your homework (I hope).

I am at work and cannot click on your link, but will definitely have no issue later.

Here is my FB link. Request me as a friend and I will look into voting for your procedure.

www.facebook.com/jessica.osorio.790

Good luck!

Y

H

I was unaware that this community existed until I was pointed in this direction through someone who had a gastric bypass. The reason I asked for help out of the gate is because there is a time limit. I would love to get to know everyone but was unaware that this group existed until this morning. Again, if you don't have anything kind to say, why say anything?

It's the internet and this is a forum. People are going to respond and you may not always like their responses. You can either let it bug you or ignore it, but either way you have to be prepared for it whenever you're posting on an open online forum.

H

I understand that but with this being such a deeply personal topic, I thought most people would have compassion.

You can't expect an abundance of compassion when you're perceived as a potential scam or threat. Again, we don't know you, all we know is you're asking us to click links and be a part of something when we have no idea whether it's safe or even legit.

Step outside the box and have a look from our perspective. It's nothing personal against you, it's just a matter of us being cautious.

K

You can't expect an abundance of compassion when you're perceived as a potential scam or threat. Again, we don't know you, all we know is you're asking us to click links and be a part of something when we have no idea whether it's safe or even legit.

Step outside the box and have a look from our perspective. It's nothing personal against you, it's just a matter of us being cautious.

Agreed! I understand your point and I understand hers.

But seriously, if you feel something is a scam, just ignore it and dont click on the link. No need to result to name calling and being all in her personal business. These same people took the time to research her and find out her personal relationship that she is married to a military man. None of that was anyones business.

Simple way of dealing with something suspicious-LEAVE IT ALONE! Not go and investigate and proceed to ask questions.

Fit4Me if you watch her Facebook video- she herself shows her husband in a photo in uniform. She brought that out in her video- no one researched that. It was not research at all. It is all there.

Also- posting such contests/polls/etc is against rule 11 of Lap Band Talk's site.

Sorry when things don't add up, they just don't. And facebook wanting to collect further information and access my friend's profiles if I votes wasn't on the up and up either.

So that's why I asked the questions I did.

And for the first time since I joined this site in 2007 I've had to actually block a person from sending me harassing messages.

Fit4Me if you watch her Facebook video- she herself shows her husband in a photo in uniform. She brought that out in her video- no one researched that. It was not research at all. It is all there.

Also- posting such contests/polls/etc is against rule 11 of Lap Band Talk's site.

Sorry when things don't add up, they just don't. And facebook wanting to collect further information and access my friend's profiles if I votes wasn't on the up and up either.

So that's why I asked the questions I did.

And for the first time since I joined this site in 2007 I've had to actually block a person from sending me harassing messages.

I would like this on here twice for you if I could. I just went back and read through all the posts. Amanda is out of line and way to aggressive in her requests and replies. It comes across as insincere and shammy whether it is or not...well Alex....Calling Alex Brecher who can and should check out those posts and perhaps take them off the board if they are found to harmful.

People that questioned the link and the "help" request did so because they wanted to help but they are 100% right to protect their privacy and they should not be harassed or berated because of it.

I'm sorry for your ailments and hope that you are able to get the help you need to overcome them. But you really came to the wrong place to solicit for your free lap band cause. This isn't what this forum is about and you can't expect to pop out of the blue and think people are going to blindly do what you're asking them to do. There are scams everywhere - for all anyone knows, you've designed one that could target their victims through their IP addresses.

Good luck to you. If you are a member of a church or other organization, perhaps you could get support from them. It's better to go to people you know and who know you, the internet is not the best way to approach this.

It is sad because I feel that Amanda is legitimately asking for help here, and may want/need the surgery.

I think the bigger issue is the Dr. and this free contest thing he has going on this Facebook page and even on other media outlets including radio! The rules of the contest alone violate the HIPPA law!

It is sad because I feel that Amanda is legitimately asking for help here, and may want/need the surgery.

I think the bigger issue is the Dr. and this free contest thing he has going on this Facebook page and even on other media outlets including radio! The rules of the contest alone violate the HIPPA law!

Yeah I clicked the link and I got the Facebook pop up asking to access my information, friends list, post to my wall, etc. I closed it immediately- there is no way in hell I want that posted to my wall or spamming my friends' list.