Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2007 Bandsters Excerise Challenge

Well I didn't exercise today, I keep having this bad cough when I take deep breaths, but I do have to shovel my driveway so that's going to be some exercise since there's a sheet of ice over it!!! Hope I make it back inside alive! LOL.

Last night I went to the gym, and I was meeting a friend to take a "salsa" class. I didn't know how much the salsa would really work me and I wanted to make sure I burned some calories, so I jumped on the treadmill for 30 min at a high steep. I burned like 180 calories before the salsa class.

I was not expecting the salsa class to be such a workout, OMG. That lady worked my butt off! I was sweaten and my face was beat red! Today I'm wondering "why is my outer thighs/butt so sore?" It finally hit me, the Salsa class. She had me working muscles in my butt that I didn't know I had - LOL. I think I will be doing the salsa class again, it was such a fun workout! Plus, I learned a few new dance moves!

So far, I've excercised 2 x's this week, but plan on exercising tonight, Saturday and Sunday - which will put me at my 5x's.

My weight loss seems to be going slow, I bounce back from 201 to 204, a little discouraging, but not totally. I also think its because TOM is about to visit. Once he is gone, I think I should be able to drop again. I seem to be holding Water.< /p>

I think I will focus on upping my water!

Everyone, have a great weekend - and remember, Exercise those bootys!

WOW! YOu go girl!! Isn't salsa fun. My husband and I love to dance salsa as well as merengue, bachata and others:) !!! i understand the weight fluctuation thing! It sucks!!! I'm also working on my water..I do have to say that mixing the crystal lite flavors has helped inmensely...Have a great weekend!!:kiss2:

Hi Bandida! It sounds like you are doing very well:) I discovered soy rice cakes too. Aren't they delicious? and no cardboard or styrofoam taste. Anyway, you are doing great with your exercise:clap2: Keep up the good work and have a great weekend. Gigi:)

Thanks:) . I'm trying...and believe me it's not easy. Having three kids that continuosly need things, it's hard to get any kind of excercise in. The good thing is that we get to them (excercising)at about 10pm and by the time we are done, we shower and sleep..and let me tell you I sleep like a baby...:faint:

Yes, I do love the soy cakes..yum!!!!! My favorite are the cinnamon apple ones..my son says they taste like french toast. Even they will eat them..How are you doing? feeling? Wow, almost 2 months, can you believe it? keep me posted!!!

I wish we had a Trader Joes, I hear a lot about that place and they have good healthy stuff! The Soy rice cakss sound good, we do have a health food place, so maybe I will try it.

PS - everyone, just got back from the gym, did 50 min on treadmill and burned around 380 calories!

Yes they do...We also have a supermarket called whole foods...They have good stuff too. Would you beleive dried carrots and greenbeans really do taste good...YUM! They do!!! Good job on the treadmill!!!

Well I didn't exercise today, I keep having this bad cough when I take deep breaths, but I do have to shovel my driveway so that's going to be some exercise since there's a sheet of ice over it!!! Hope I make it back inside alive! LOL.

Hey Shues..I'm soory you're sick. My son has strep as well as croup so I can relate. Everytime he coughs I shiver because I know how much it must hurt...Try a steam shower with a Vicks steam capsule. They really work...and yes, I just got done snow blowing my driveway and my neighbors (i'm in Massachusetts and we got 12-14 inches of snow and our ice is under it)...It's not fun...this is the only part of New England I can't help not liking!!!:faint: Thank God for snow blowers!!!!:clap2: :clap2: Good luck!!!

Thanks:) . I'm trying...and believe me it's not easy. Having three kids that continuosly need things, it's hard to get any kind of excercise in. The good thing is that we get to them (excercising)at about 10pm and by the time we are done, we shower and sleep..and let me tell you I sleep like a baby...:faint:

Yes, I do love the soy cakes..yum!!!!! My favorite are the cinnamon apple ones..my son says they taste like french toast. Even they will eat them..How are you doing? feeling? Wow, almost 2 months, can you believe it? keep me posted!!!

Hi Bandida, I didn't know that we were neighbors. I am from RI. Isn't this weather crazy. It was almost 70 degrees just this past week and yesterday we got about 6 inches of snow-only in New England.

How old are your kids? I know what you mean, I have 4-three boys and a girl and sometimes it is so hard to find time to exercise. Anyway, I am feeling good. I go for my first fill on Thursday,3/22. I am losing, but the weight loss has definetly slowed down. I have lost 31.5lbs since my pre-op diet on January 16th, which I am glad about. I just think that I need a little fill. Anyway, have a good rest of the weekend and keep me posted. Gigi:)

Hi Bandida, I didn't know that we were neighbors. I am from RI. Isn't this weather crazy. It was almost 70 degrees just this past week and yesterday we got about 6 inches of snow-only in New England.

How old are your kids? I know what you mean, I have 4-three boys and a girl and sometimes it is so hard to find time to exercise. Anyway, I am feeling good. I go for my first fill on Thursday,3/22. I am losing, but the weight loss has definetly slowed down. I have lost 31.5lbs since my pre-op diet on January 16th, which I am glad about. I just think that I need a little fill. Anyway, have a good rest of the weekend and keep me posted. Gigi:)

Yeah, i didn't know we were neighbors either! Cool! Yup, New England weather is a little, no, a lot freaky! (you should read my journal entry for today)...I have three cherubs...11 year old daughter and 4 and 5 year old boys. Yup..my weight loss has come to a complete hault!!! :faint: I fluctuate 2-3 pounds but over all..I'm stuck!!! I've lost about 37 pounds including my preop diet which have really made difference in my overall energy level and self confidence, but I can't wait to lose more. People have started to notice my loss in my face and my "belly". I had one person ask me about my "new" glasses... um, I've had these for 2 years!! I just think it's funny the way people don't dare say anything weight related and try to compliment you in any other way...DUH!!! yeah, I am overwieght, I'm losing it and now I'm telling the whole world how!!!:) ( i tell everyone now about my surgery) I've become this total Lap Band fanatic and talk to any one who wants to listen... But anyway, Gigi, congrats on 31.5 pounds lost forever!!! that's awesome!!! What part of RI are you from? I'm originally from Puerto Rico, grew up in in Worcester (Woosta), MA and 3 years ago bought a house in Western MA ( on the border with Springfield)..

TOM is here, back is hurting, horrible mood swings, cramps that are the worst, took 3 doses of Midol yesterday (does anyhone know if these are okay to take) I was in so much pain, just didn't give a damn. I did not go exercise yesterday - Woke up this morning and was a little afraid to do my measurements and weigh, but decided I would do them anyhow. I'm in such a better mood now after seeing my results, and I'm headed to the gym for a workout and then going to the steam room to see if that makes my back feel better. Read below my results: I'm jumping up & down that I'm finally under 200 lbs and will never see 2 infront of my numbers again!

Beginning weight - 248, todays weight (drum roll please) 198.0 I have reached the 50 lbs mark!!!!!!!!! YAY!(pre-op diet weight included in my beginning number)

Before /1 month out/ 2 months out

Waist - 41 1/2" / 38" / 36 = lost 5 1/2"

Hips - 51" / 46 1/2 / 45" = lost 6"

Left Thigh - 28" / 26 1/4"/ 24" = lost 4"

calves - 17" / 15 1/2"/ 15 = lost 2"

left arm - 15 1/2" / 14" / 13 = lost 2"

breast - 43" / 40"/ 39" = lost 4"

under breast - 37"/36 1/2" / 36" = lost 1"

TOTAL INCHES LOST = 24 1/2" (One month post op was 17 1/4", so I've lost an addidtional 7 1/4" in the last 30 days!)

BEGINNING WEIGHT = 248/198 = lost total 50 lbs (pre-op & post op)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

CONGRATULATIONS TONYA!!!!! Keep up the awesome work!!! You've worked hard and it's payed off. I hope to be right behind you!!!!

Yeah, i didn't know we were neighbors either! Cool! Yup, New England weather is a little, no, a lot freaky! (you should read my journal entry for today)...I have three cherubs...11 year old daughter and 4 and 5 year old boys. Yup..my weight loss has come to a complete hault!!! :faint: I fluctuate 2-3 pounds but over all..I'm stuck!!! I've lost about 37 pounds including my preop diet which have really made difference in my overall energy level and self confidence, but I can't wait to lose more. People have started to notice my loss in my face and my "belly". I had one person ask me about my "new" glasses... um, I've had these for 2 years!! I just think it's funny the way people don't dare say anything weight related and try to compliment you in any other way...DUH!!! yeah, I am overwieght, I'm losing it and now I'm telling the whole world how!!!:welldoneclap: ( i tell everyone now about my surgery) I've become this total Lap Band fanatic and talk to any one who wants to listen... But anyway, Gigi, congrats on 31.5 pounds lost forever!!! that's awesome!!! What part of RI are you from? I'm originally from Puerto Rico, grew up in in Worcester (Woosta), MA and 3 years ago bought a house in Western MA ( on the border with Springfield)..

Bandida, I am from North Providence. I have lived in RI all my life. I went to college in Boston and really loved it.I absolutely love Puerto Rico. My family and I have gone there for years. Anyway, have a good week. I think I read that you were going for your second fill this week. I am going for my first one on Thursday. I can't wait. Take care-Gigi:)

Congratulations Tonya on 50 pounds lost forever. That is WONDERFUL! All of your hard work has paid off. Hopefully I'll be right behind you. Gigi

Hi everyone! Just letting you all know that I made it to the gym 5x this week and worked out for 1 hour each time-45" on the eliptical and 15-20" on the bike or on the treadmill. I think that I am going to increase my time on the eliptical this week to 50". I also think that I can do some hand weights. I'll let you know how I make out. Have a great week everyone. Gigi

Hi all

I am looking for a gym but in the meantime please add me.

I went to a 24 hour gym called anytime fitness and membership is 59 a month. it doesn't have a pool or anything. no classes not real big. it has private changing rooms and showers. Well only two, but I was told that most members live in the area so they don't use the showers. Do you think 59 a month is a little steep. The thing I like is that it is 24 hrs and the private showers.

I have been a member at Bally Total Fitness and find it very intimidating. I feel like people are looking at me. I did like the classes. I am open to your thoughts.

Hey guys!!!!

I am back!!! I finally started going back to the gym. I went last Thursday, walked on Friday, Gym yesterday and today. Treadmill for 1 hour. I am feeling really good and am loving my Ipod!!!

Hi All- Well today is my 2 month anniversary. I am doing well. I got my first fill last Thursday-8 days ago and I must say that I am not feeling much restriction. I called my doctors office today. I won't be able to go for an adjustment before I go to Disney on 4/11. I will be back on 4/21. I have an appointment on 4/26 for my second fill, so I'll have to wait til then. I have been exercising 5x/week for 1-1 and 1/2 hours/session. I am addicted to the elliptical machine. I love it! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend-Gigi