Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on October 2nd. I am currently 15 days post op. The day of my surgery I weighed 353, today I weigh 345. The first week after my surgery the weight came off about 2 pounds a day. Every since October 7th, however, I have not lost any weight.

I am baffled because I am eating 800-1000 calories a day, I am drinking 2 bottles of Water a day (it's as much as I can tolerate now), and I am exercising 15 minutes per day on my ellyptical. I simply do not understand why I am not losing weight.

Do I need more Fiber? Less carbs? What? I don't know.

My typical day looks like:

Breakfast:

coffee with 2 tbsp. 1/2 1/2

1 scrambled egg

Snack:

Ensure or a pouch of baby food

Lunch:

1/2 cup cottage cheese (or today I am having 1/2 cup of tuna with light mayo)

Dinner:

3-4oz fish

1/2 cup mashed cauliflower

Snack:

sugar free popsicle

My lose it app (usename nmsinclair1) says that I am having an average of:

40g fat

1800mg sodium

71g carbs

12g Fiber

28 g sugar

93 g Protein

PLEASE HELP!

Right now you should be focused on healing and not weight loss!! 15 days post op and you are already working out on an elliptical?!? Most people are not cleared for exercise (aside from walking) until about 3 months post op. Has your doctor approved this? I am worried you could really cause yourself harm...

I have found consistently on any WL forum that around the 3 or 4 week people do not lose weight and start to panic. Just keep going and it will come off. You will also need a few fills before weight really starts to come off (or so I hear, because I am in the same boat as you!)

Patience... this is a marathon not a sprint It has been two weeks. My doctor wanted to see 2-3 lbs a week, after about a month.

There are hundreds of posts that say the exact same thing. Keep doing what you are suppose to do, let your body heal, and very soon you will see results.

When it starts you will know it and you will be swiming in your clothes B)

Keep in mind you're only 15 days post op. Are you cleared for exercise. I didn't get cleared until I went in for my first fill one month post op. One week post op was still a no-no for me. I was however allowed to walk around the block- the grocery store, etc.

The only thing I'd suggest from looking at what you're eating is that you might want to cut out the baby food. Replace it with a low carb Protein shake or plain greek yogurt (i add splenda and cinnamon to mine). Try to get your carbs a bit lower.

Also, I'm assuming you haven't had a fill yet? And you're probably starting to get a bit hungry. 3 weeks post op all my swelling had gone down and I had no restriction. I could have eaten anything but held back and stuck to my 1/2 cup of food at a time.

I was banded on October 2nd. I am currently 15 days post op. The day of my surgery I weighed 353' date=' today I weigh 345. The first week after my surgery the weight came off about 2 pounds a day. Every since October 7th, however, I have not lost any weight. I am baffled because I am eating 800-1000 calories a day, I am drinking 2 bottles of Water a day (it's as much as I can tolerate now), and I am exercising 15 minutes per day on my ellyptical. I simply do not understand why I am not losing weight. Do I need more fiber? Less carbs? What? I don't know. My typical day looks like: Breakfast: coffee with 2 tbsp. 1/2 1/2 1 scrambled egg Snack: Ensure or a pouch of baby food Lunch: 1/2 cup cottage cheese (or today I am having 1/2 cup of tuna with light mayo) Dinner: 3-4oz fish 1/2 cup mashed cauliflower Snack: sugar free popsicle My lose it app (usename nmsinclair1) says that I am having an average of: 40g fat 1800mg sodium 71g carbs 12g fiber 28 g sugar 93 g Protein PLEASE HELP![/quote']

What about your Water? ?? Drink up if you're not. It's important.

It will come off, slowly.

I was in the same situation as you. I was banded on Sept 19th. I lost 10 pounds in the the first 2 weeks, but in the last 2 weeks, I have managed to gain 3 pounds. I have followed the diet, and I am eating very healthy. I go for my first fill tomorrow. I was freaking out about the 3 pound weight gain that I actually called the nurse. She did tell me that it was normal at this time frame. In the frist 2 weeks your not hungry due to the trauma to your stomach, but then your hunger starts to kick in. I don't snack between meals, and my calorie intake is low. She reassured me that once I started getting fills, the weight will come off. As for working out, my doctor said I was free to work out. I was told 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I could not lift anything more than 20 pounds, and no abdominal excersizes for the first 4 weeks. The elliptical would have been fine for me to do. Every doctor is different. I'm sure you are doing everything right. The weight will start to come off. Do you use myfitnesspal? Would love to be friends if you do.

Some very good advice here! Take it slow your still healing. Lay off the work outs, your not ready to be doing all that.

Your body has undergone a very real and major operation. Right now it is focused all it's resources on healing and it has stalled your weight loss because the body does not know that you are choosing to put it through this trauma.

It's thinking your life is in danger and there for it must conserve all the energy (fat stores) it has so that you don't die. Cut back on the exertion and give yourself some time to heal. Keep eating the good foods with the emphasis on the Protein stay hydrated and you will soon see some changes. Perhaps in inches before you see the movement on the scale.

TLC is what's needed right now give yourself some and your body will respond.

Jenwebber-I don't use myfitnesspal even though I have it. I find it more confusing than loseit.

I was supposed to see my surgeon on Monday, but he canceled my appointment and I wasn't able to get into him until October 29th. By then I will have my first fill.

I know I need to drink more Water. As for walking, for my (and my DDD chest) walking is too strenuous on my back and actually makes me work harder than the ellypitcal. I am doing just a low impact on my machine. I'm fine for 15 minutes--just gets me sweating, no straining.

It's a relief to hear that other people out there went through the same thing. I've had family heckling me about not losing more weight. My father went through gastric bypass and dropped a ridiculous amount of weight quickly.

It was just disconcerning to be working so hard and eating so little and see no results.

I'll try to be short with this. Losing weight and losing fat are two different items when dealing with any weight loss program or modality. Most of the weight we lose in the beginning 4 weeks is simply fluids our body retains within the fat and muscle cells. Some people who are very obese(400lbs) will lose 40-50 lbs the first month. It's 95% Water and 5% fat(maybe). Your scale does not differentiate between the type of weight we lose.

The most fat any normally active person can lose in one week is around 2 lbs. But, you can also gain 2 lbs or more of Fluid by eating high carb or high sodium food. TOM also plays a part for the women.

What you are experiencing is normal and to be expected. You really won't start your journey till your band is adjusted properly and can work it's magic. Good luck.

tmf

That explains my dad's weight loss. He was over 400 pounds.

Unfortunately for him, he has gained back some of the weight he lost with gastric bypass and is now back up to 315 after 8 years.

That explains my dad's weight loss. He was over 400 pounds.

Unfortunately for him, he has gained back some of the weight he lost with gastric bypass and is now back up to 315 after 8 years.

So sorry for your Father's relapse. It happens. We see people come here occasionally who didn't lose all the weight they wanted to lose and decided to have their band removed and went for a more radical WLS program. Some are successful and some aren't.

But, at least with the band most can opt for another type of plan to lose weight. For a more radical surgery, you have no other options after surgery removes your stomach. Let's face it, the band, bypass or sleeve are not right for every person. Many of us have a mental eating disorder or other circumstances in our lives cause some to fall back to old habits.

I am surprised you are eating that much so soon after surgery. But like others have said before, right now you should concentrate on healing, more than on losing weight. You might be retaining some Water weight, so eventually it will all just drop really fast. Keep up with your Protein intake, and you will do great. Congrats on the surgery.

Same thing happened to me, nmsinclaire1, a couple weeks after my surgery. And it also caused me to freak out until I got on here and saw how common it is. I actually increased my calories a little by adding a couple of Protein Shakes a day, and started losing weight again. I think the important thing to remember, as several people have already said, is that this is the time when your body is still healing, and I guess during that time, it reacts in some weird ways. Just hang in there, and try not to focus too much on the scale. It will start moving again - promise!! :)

I am surprised you are eating that much so soon after surgery. But like others have said before, right now you should concentrate on healing, more than on losing weight. You might be retaining some Water weight, so eventually it will all just drop really fast. Keep up with your Protein intake, and you will do great. Congrats on the surgery.

Agreed. Most of us weren't allowed to eat solid foods till day 31 too?