Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Filled with pain!

Hello fellow bandsters! Went in for fourth fill yesterday, was able to drink Water afterwards but once I got home I couldn't drink anything without feeling pain. Today, things became worse! They even sent me home from work. I cannot drink anything. Called the doctor, and I'm going in for an unfill early tomorrow morning. The nurse told me to try ice chips. This is the worst feeling ever.

That is exactly how I felt after my first fill. I didn't even care that I wasn't eating I just wanted to drink some Water without pain. I ended up getting an unfill and had immediate relief. Good luck!

Thank you Bsellis! Can't wait for relief. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

I'm sorry you're feeling bad and hope they don't have to take too much out for you to be comfortable again.

how much was your fill?

Thank you pretty thick.

Sandy

They never told me how much was put in, but I'm assuming about 2cc because my doctor is very aggressive with the fills since they are self pay.

Thats probably something you'll want to keep track of so you can have some input when they are putting it in. My first fill was 2cc and my 2nd was 1/2. I think my surgeon will continue with 1/2 for a while. I'll know after monday I guess. I just think it would be pretty easy to over do you at 2 cc per fill.

Sandy, I agree. I normally ask but yesterday, I just wanted to get out of there. Unfortunately, I learned a good lesson.....now I go in tomorrow for an unfill. I have already spent $800 on four fills and I hope that I'm not charged for an unfill tomorrow

I have insurance and I was charged an additional co pay and my insurance billed for my unfill.

And I went back on the same day. I didn't even get home before I turned my car around and went back.

Oh man! I'm sorry that your having to go through this. That has been my worry every time I go for a fill. My Dr. is very conservative with the fills and I'm grateful for that. I want to reach that green zone and everyone wants to get there and we want to be there yesterday...but I would rather get there slowly and not by having to slam into a brick wall first. It has taken a bit longer for me to get the numbers on the scale moving but I'm in this for the long haul, so I'm happy with the gradual progress. I take the time in between to learn more about the band and work on my eating habits and work through my emotional/stress eating issues as well.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Wow, 2 ccs, your tummy is probably swollen from the sudden restriction. My doctor tried that and it did not work, I mean I did loose weight, 7 lbs in 7 days but I was so miserable. better to go small fills sometimes. Good luck! :blink:

Wow' date=' 2 ccs, your tummy is probably swollen from the sudden restriction. My doctor tried that and it did not work, I mean I did loose weight, 7 lbs in 7 days but I was so miserable. better to go small fills sometimes. Good luck! :blink:[/quote']

Butterfly

When I saw the doctor this morning I asked him how much he had put in on Tuesday and he said 2.5 cc's. crazy! Isn't he? I didn't even ask him how much he took out. He seemed upset that I had to make him meet me at the clinic when he had scheduled surgery patients waiting for him. By the way, when I was leaving the office, a young lady was entering who had the same problem. She got a fill right after me on Tuesday. I think that if my doctor doesn't want to go back to do an unfill, he needs to go slow. If I ever get another fill, I'm going to ask him to go slow and not be so aggressive. After all, I'm the one paying $200 each time and ie ad four fills in 3 and a half months. So that's $800.

Thanks for that info. Glad you are doing better. That's how I was the day after surgery. I could not even hold my own spit down. I was swollen shut and had to be admitted to emergency. The doctor tells me this is rare, about 2 people in 100. When I go for my first fill, I think I will ask for only 1cc or I may end up swollen shut again. I am a little nervous about my first fill!