Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New whey protein bullets

I am 6 days post op and am having a hard time getting the required amount of Protein in because of the size of the rtd shakes. I went in Vitamin Shoppe today and they sold me a New Whey protein bullet. It has 42g of protein, 180 calories, 2 carbs, 0 sugar. It does have a protein blend. Has anyone used these? Thanks.

Years ago I had ones in a test tube like plastic container. I don't remember which brand but they were fruit punch flavored and had an ok taste when cold, at room temperature I couldn't tolerate them.

Years ago I had ones in a test tube like plastic container. I don't remember which brand but they were fruit punch flavored and had an ok taste when cold, at room temperature I couldn't tolerate them.

I carry those with me when I travel....hold your nose and swallow...

I carry those with me when I travel....hold your nose and swallow...

Tell me more !!! So they are pills ? And sounds like they taste bad ! I need a boost on my Protein and sounds like these are perfect !

I spoke to my nutritionist about these and she said it was a combined Protein so it won't give you the full 42 grams but she said it would be somewhere in the 30's. I have a blue raspberry in the fridge now. They are good to have on hand. Found them at the Vitamin Shoppe.< /p>

Tell me more !!! So they are pills ? And sounds like they taste bad ! I need a boost on my Protein and sounds like these are perfect !

No, they are not pills but a 3.8 ounce shot of Protein. It is a liquid. From what I understand they smell and taste bad but for a boost of protein it's doable.

Room temp they are nasty... The way I recommend do it is holding your nose and just drink it. I tried mixing it with Water and it was NASTY!

Thanks for the info. Are they any better cold?

Thanks for the info. Are they any better cold?

Not diluted in Water but just putting them in the fridge I'm not sure.

i have them, I use them when I go out to make sure I have my Protein, well now that zi am eating solids again I will replace a meal with it, for emergencies. The taste is not that bad, kind of medicine like, I have the grape flavor, there is a smaller one only 23 gr protein, that one taste better, like fruit punch Jello. They are not that bad.

I buy them by the case at GNC ....as B-52 said....hold your nose and swallow.

I have found these to be very helpful right now as I'm on full liquid diet. I agree they are not tasty but very effective as a quick "meal". I had a case of fruit punch flavor. I just ordered a case of assorted favors from vitacost.com to try other flavors.

I have found these to be very helpful right now as I'm on full liquid diet. I agree they are not tasty but very effective as a quick "meal". I had a case of fruit punch flavor. I just ordered a case of assorted favors from vitacost.com to try other flavors.

When did you get banded since your still on liquids? I was banded on the 9th and am trying to find a way to get my Protein in. Having problems with that.