Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry: two weeks post op

I got to my week post op appointment tomorrow so ill be able to start full liquids. I'm not really craving anything but feel hunger so badly it hurts ... I'm sure it's not gas the gas feels different. Anyway i don't know how I'm going to get thru another 2 weeks of liquids even if they are fuller in consistency! Ugh any suggestions??

I got to my week post op appointment tomorrow so ill be able to start full liquids. I'm not really craving anything but feel hunger so badly it hurts ... I'm sure it's not gas the gas feels different. Anyway i don't know how I'm going to get thru another 2 weeks of liquids even if they are fuller in consistency! Ugh any suggestions??

I have been recommended to be on full liquid for 30 days by my surgeon. I have a little less then 2 weeks left. I have been eating yogurt, cream of wheat, cottage cheese, purée Soups, Protein Drinks, crystal light, & lots of Water. Couple of recommendations that have been helping me out because the urge to eat something substantial gets intense.

Blend cottage cheese in food processor with seasoning salt, pepper and dried dill, better then it sounds. There is a line of canned soups called Annie's and there are several low fat ones. I have been heating them up and blending them with the blender, very satisfying.

Good luck!

I found those first 2 weeks to be the worst. I know what you mean about feeling the hurt of hunger. For me it came in waves. It's been 3 years, now, so I don't quite remember what I did that helped.

I'ts a good idea to look a list of what is considered full liquids.

I do remember at some point going to my favorite Thai food restaurant to get a take out order of Panang Curry, no rice. I took it home and put it in the blender and made it a soup! I learned how to make my own so it wasn't so expensive. I also learned to make asian tapioca, which is served hot --- feels good on the tummy.

I love a baked yam blended in a blender with a little melted butter and salt. Kind of a yam Soup.< /p>

Not everyone can eat the same, though, so kind of listen to your body.

That was one thing I learned being banded: I'd go shopping and would listen very closely to my body about what it wanted. I would reach for something to put in my basket and my body would react with a yes or a no. And often it was yes one day and no the next, to the very same item!!

If you like massages, go get one. You can lay on your side and on your back.

You could get a pedicure! oh, a hot wax treament would feel really good, too!

Get your hair done!

New shoes!!! You'll be going for lots of walks, I assume, so new shoes is a must!!

Just be creative and have as much fun as you can as you recover. And keep your sense of humor!

~hiddn

I was banded on Sept 26 and was doing ok up until yesterday. I was very swollen after surgery, so my band was immediatley effective. Now that swelling has gone down I am hungry all the time! I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and on soft foods now. I feel your pain!

I found those first 2 weeks to be the worst. I know what you mean about feeling the hurt of hunger. For me it came in waves. It's been 3 years, now, so I don't quite remember what I did that helped.

I'ts a good idea to look a list of what is considered full liquids.

I do remember at some point going to my favorite Thai food restaurant to get a take out order of Panang Curry, no rice. I took it home and put it in the blender and made it a soup! I learned how to make my own so it wasn't so expensive. I also learned to make asian tapioca, which is served hot --- feels good on the tummy.

I love a baked yam blended in a blender with a little melted butter and salt. Kind of a yam Soup.< /p>

Not everyone can eat the same, though, so kind of listen to your body.

That was one thing I learned being banded: I'd go shopping and would listen very closely to my body about what it wanted. I would reach for something to put in my basket and my body would react with a yes or a no. And often it was yes one day and no the next, to the very same item!!

If you like massages, go get one. You can lay on your side and on your back.

You could get a pedicure! oh, a hot wax treament would feel really good, too!

Get your hair done!

New shoes!!! You'll be going for lots of walks, I assume, so new shoes is a must!!

Just be creative and have as much fun as you can as you recover. And keep your sense of humor!

~hiddn

thank you those are good suggestions. i think being on fuller liquids and some yogurt and pudding has helped already!! I love Thai food so might have to try those!