Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry: two weeks post op

I had my band placement surgery on Monday 9/30, two weeks ago tomorrow. I am on liquid diet of Protein Shakes, Protein shots, puréed low fat Soups, low sodium V8 juice and lots of Water. The most substantial foods I am currently eating are cottage cheese and cream of wheat. I have two more weeks of this diet. It it difficult for me I am craving other good foods all the time and try to stave off the cravings with sugar free Jello, sf pudding and/ or sf Popsicles or any of the foods listed above. I have lost almost 30 lbs since starting my pre surgery diet and about 20 lbs since surgery. I love that part of it and I can have very strong will power to see the liquid diet through for two more weeks, then in a month I go for my first band fill.

What I hope to get an idea of from all of you in this forum, that have already provided so much information to me in this process, is what to expect with my hunger levels after I get my band filled? Will I be full and still crave food? At what point does the brain catch up with the band and stop filling me with hunger anxiety?

Oh yeah I also need to mention that I am an Executive Chef at a private club with casual and fine dining cuisine. That really does not help with my food anxiety either.

It does get better. Your sweet tooth subsides. Can you have Jello sf ff pudding. It isn't so filling but makes you feel like you are having a treat. Can you have cream based Soups yet?

You are healing. Try to stay focused on why you are doing this and keep drinking. Things will get better. You will be eating soon. You can do this

wendy

It does get better. Your sweet tooth subsides. Can you have Jello sf ff pudding. It isn't so filling but makes you feel like you are having a treat. Can you have cream based Soups yet? You are healing. Try to stay focused on why you are doing this and keep drinking. Things will get better. You will be eating soon. You can do this wendy

Thank you so much for your encouraging words Wendy. I do have soups and puddings and such and relish those moments even though there are so many things I would rather eat. I am a real salty/savory guy. While I do appreciate sweets a bit it's the yummy savory things I crave that gives me anxiety. Thanks for letting me know that it gets better.

The process is completely different for everybody but if you find yourself struggling or just not satisfied dont be afraid to call your surgeon and see if you could start to introduce some other soft foods. Some people I'm sure will disagree with me but this process should not be a struggle. There are way too many options to make it an enjoyable and exciting experience. You just have to find what works for you.

The process is completely different for everybody but if you find yourself struggling or just not satisfied dont be afraid to call your surgeon and see if you could start to introduce some other soft foods. Some people I'm sure will disagree with me but this process should not be a struggle. There are way too many options to make it an enjoyable and exciting experience. You just have to find what works for you.

Thanks 5.0. I'm going to stick it out. It's just two more weeks and I will begin to eat solid foods. It's worth it because I am losing weight on this liquid diet. I will appreciate real foods so much and I think they will taste so good after all this yogurt, cottage cheese and cream of wheat. I actually like all three of these things but never thought I would be eating hem exclusively.