Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to start over...

I dont' know what's wrong with me, guess I need to go back to the basics and start over. I have gained 4 lbs in the last month. Am I eating more, yes, I can't stay satisfied. Now with that said let me back up 5 weeks ago approx., I got stuck severely and made an emergency trip in to the dr and he took 1cc out and whew the food passed. The following week I went in and he put .5cc back in, now I'm due for a visit day after tomorrow. Tonight I tried to eat some leftover turkey, cold, and a piece of Longhorn bread toasted with butter, got stuck big time, I mean big time to the point I lost it all, puked all of it up. Not really sure if I'm taking too big of bites, eating the wrong thing, yes the turkey was dry and yes it was bread. I know when he hears I threw up tonight he will say no to a fill but I'm hungry all the time every 3 hrs, I'm not staying satisfied with 1 cup of food. I don't know what to do.

I dont' know what's wrong with me' date=' guess I need to go back to the basics and start over. I have gained 4 lbs in the last month. Am I eating more, yes, I can't stay satisfied. Now with that said let me back up 5 weeks ago approx., I got stuck severely and made an emergency trip in to the dr and he took 1cc out and whew the food passed. The following week I went in and he put .5cc back in, now I'm due for a visit day after tomorrow. Tonight I tried to eat some leftover turkey, cold, and a piece of Longhorn bread toasted with butter, got stuck big time, I mean big time to the point I lost it all, puked all of it up. Not really sure if I'm taking too big of bites, eating the wrong thing, yes the turkey was dry and yes it was bread. I know when he hears I threw up tonight he will say no to a fill but I'm hungry all the time every 3 hrs, I'm not staying satisfied with 1 cup of food. I don't know what to do.[/quote'] I'm wondering if everything wasn't just to dry?

my doctor just told me not to eat anything leftover. she said that so many ppl have trouble with leftover food. it does sound like everything you ate was dry. sometimes it feels as if we are hungry and it sounds like it too but fluids might be a better option. have a Protein Drink in between meals if you are hungry. my doctor also gave me permission to eat things like kale chips, edamane, vegetable chips when i want a snack. i am a salt not sweet craver. perhaps a nutritionist would be helpful for you. good luck

thanks guys, I think an email to my nutritionist is in order. BTW, how you prepare the edemame? And yes the turkey was dry and the piece of bread from Longhorn was thick even tho I put butter on it and toasted it. I should have known better. I hate puking, dang puking, I peed my pants, lol.

i cook the pods in the microwave, put salt on them and sometimes i cant believe its butter and just squeeze the pod and enjoy. you can also buy a dried version of them. good Protein source without many cal.

On the edamame - SAMs club sells them in one serving steam bags - they are perfect!!

I would postpone my doctor's appointment for about a week and let things inside settle down so he will do a fill.

I think your right, you ate the wrong things. Dry meat and bread are surely culprits of getting stuck. I agree with Toddy, I would hold off on going to the dr. See how it goes for another week, and hopefully he will do a fill. Be honest about what's going on. There is nothing worse than being to tight, I speak from experience lol.